Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:34 PM

507 posts, read 678,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
John Stossel is the guy who does "To catch a predator" right? I can see why he would be switching to a more conservative news organisation. The democrat party has too much sympathy for sexual predators and not enough for the actual victims of the sexual offence. People who really care about children and their well being would not usually vote democrat, because of their lax approach to these people.

As a victim of a sexual offence when I was younger I can tell you that the system is more concerned with reforming these people than it is with helping the victims. You can blame the democrats for that.
You've got the wrong person and the wrong network. So much for your theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM

192 posts, read 219,902 times
You're right I was wrong, doesn't mean my theory is wrong.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I think Fox will be a much more welcoming home for his limited government, free market, & self-reliance principles.

I'm Moving to FOX - John Stossel's Take
Yep - should be a perfect fit for his style of pseudo-journalism.

ABC 20/20's John Stossel Admits Fraud

Old 09-10-2009, 02:46 PM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
You're right I was wrong, doesn't mean my theory is wrong.
I still think your theory is wrong. There is no factual basis for that thought.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
Oh that's AWESOME. I love his reporting and hate that I had to turn my tv station to the unmentionable network to watch him.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep - should be a perfect fit for his style of pseudo-journalism.
Can you say, "Dan Rather?" Very good, I knew you could.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM

323 posts, read 503,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, a corpoarate shill like him will certainly feel right at home there.
Learn the difference between corporatism and the free market. Corporatism is a natural result of big government. The many government-entwined corporations do not desire a free market, which would make them vulnerable to competition. A free market benefits small business, entrepreneurs and common citizens. Barack Obama is an advocate of corporatism, while John Stossel is an advocate of individual liberty.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:39 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Just give me the facts so I can form my own opinions; I don't want opinions disguised as facts.
I totally agree. One reason I don't watch 'talk show/variety show/shock-jock/psuedo-news shows of any type, is because I have a working brain and can make my own decisions. I don't need a Beck or Schultz telling me what or how I should think. I'm baffled by people who post television ratings for these shows with such glee and salivation as if somehow that makes these shows 'credible'.

Just goes to show, you can't fix stupid.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:43 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I totally agree. One reason I don't watch 'talk show/variety show/shock-jock/psuedo-news shows of any type, is because I have a working brain and can make my own decisions. I don't need a Beck or Schultz telling me what or how I should think. I'm baffled by people who post television ratings for these shows with such glee and salivation as if somehow that makes these shows 'credible'.
Agreed.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Maybe he'll replace Glenn Beck. One can only hope.

Aint that the truth. The left hates Beck because he keeps exposing Barry's buddies for what they really are.

It can get hard to force your fascist agenda through when your top lieutenants keep getting exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies