Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:11 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,757,602 times

Advertisements

I think some compensation here is in order although I cannot set an amount for a 19 year old cat named Tobey. I guess the funeral and burial expenses plus emotional suffering of the family. This cat met his Death Panel and they wore blue uniforms!

Missouri police apologize for killing family pet | News Updates | Wichita Eagle (http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/966749.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 01:13 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I think some compensation here is in order although I cannot set an amount for a 19 year old cat named Tobey. I guess the funeral and burial expenses plus emotional suffering of the family. This cat met his Death Panel and they wore blue uniforms!

Missouri police apologize for killing family pet | News Updates | Wichita Eagle (http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/966749.html - broken link)
Kev...........you are joking..right?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Kev...........you are joking..right?
While I do not condone the murder of a cat, yes I am kind of.. humor you know!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
..and to THINK that we get into raging arguments over abortion. So now killing a cat is MURDER??......

OK....if you say so. (I suppose Colonel Sanders was guilty of 'Poultry Genocide"? He killed innocent chickens on a vast scale, I've heard)...

Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 PM

192 posts, read 219,847 times
This post is probably not serious, but look at this

Mayor wants federal probe after SWAT raids house, kills dogs - CNN.com

TheStar.com | World | Md. mayor's dogs shot dead in botched police raid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights_drug_raid

This is something both liberals and conservatives can agree on. The police burst into this man's house, shot and killed his two PUPPIES. I was in tears when I heard this happen. The government has just gotten out of control. They barge into people's houses, start shooting, then ask questions later.

It was a sting, because a package had been delivered to the mayor's house BY ACCIDENT. It was not intended for the mayor or his wife. This was a mistake on the police department's part.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:24 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,918,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post

Berwyn Heights, Maryland mayor's residence drug raid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is something both liberals and conservatives can agree on. The police burst into this man's house, shot and killed his two PUPPIES. I was in tears when I heard this happen. The government has just gotten out of control. They barge into people's houses, start shooting, then ask questions later.

It was a sting, because a package had been delivered to the mayor's house BY ACCIDENT. It was not intended for the mayor or his wife. This was a mistake on the police department's part.
It isn't government, it is the police who, too often, operate without any regard for democratic control.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post

Berwyn Heights, Maryland mayor's residence drug raid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was the conservatives that wanted "the war on drugs" but everytime a conservative is the victim of the war on drugs or the war on working class people, the conservatives gripe. Cannot have it both ways.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:13 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,809,255 times
My daughter killed our neighbor's cat when she was 5 years old. She thought it would be a good idea to tie a rope around it's neck and drag it up into the tree house.

This means she's gonna grow up to be a cop. Damn....

Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,324,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK....if you say so. (I suppose Colonel Sanders was guilty of 'Poultry Genocide"? He killed innocent chickens on a vast scale, I've heard)...
Colonel Sanders was the Fuhrer of Fricasee.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:16 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post

What???? You can't MURDER an animal. What planet are you living on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies