Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:18 PM

37,150 posts, read 19,160,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
From reading, it does not appear to be racist by nature. Not saying underlying racial tendencies do not happen at the meetings, I have never been to one. If so, then I shall eat crow as I stated above.
I just posted a few links here.

Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10718905
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 08:21 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,277,105 times
I guess Representative Wilson forgot the rules of Basic Training: Decorum and Civility in the House.

Committee on Rules - Republicans

Quote:
Unparliamentary Speech

A Member should avoid impugning the motives of another Member, the Senate or the President, using offensive language, or uttering words that are otherwise deemed unparliamentary. These actions are strictly against House Rules and are subject to a demand that the words be taken down. A demand that the Member’s words be taken down results in the clerk reporting the words and the chair ruling on the propriety of the words. (If the demand is made in the Committee of the Whole, the Committee rises and reports them to the House where the Chair rules on their propriety).
I suppose he especially forgot this:

Quote:
Categories of Unparliamentary Speech

• Defaming or degrading the House
  • Criticism of the Speaker’s personal conduct
  • Impugning the motives of another Member
  • Charging falsehood or deception
  • Claiming lack of intelligence or knowledge
  • References to race, creed, or prejudice
  • Charges related to loyalty or patriotism

Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,224,549 times
In 2003, Joe Wilson voted to approve the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act, which contained Sec. 1011 authorizing government reimbursements to hospitals who provide treatment for uninsured illegal immigrants. That's right, he voted 'Yea' for your tax dollars paying for illegal immigrants' health care.

Joe Wilson is not only a liar, he's a phony. He's just against Obama, and that's the bottom line.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I just posted a few links here.

Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10718905

I was just reading that thread. It is still hard to say he is a racist. There are some who oppose the racist takeover of the SCV. Then there are those retarded redneck stereotypical a*holes that are trying to take it over. Nowhere does it state which side Wilson stands. I will keep believing he is not a racist, however I will side that what he did was wrong. You do not belittle the president in that setting. If you disagree with him, send him an email stating why you believe he is lying and work it out that way. Showing such partisanship to the country only degrades his own stances.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,330,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Can you imagine the bad manners at family events? People shouting each other down for whatever issues they have. And it's a wonder that any of them can hold a job if they are just yelling out things whenever it suits them. Unbecoming and disrespectful. But oh well.
A family event?

If your family events involve a man who thinks he God telling your whole family how is going to take all of your money and tell you how you need to spend it, I pity you terribly.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,601,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
A family event?

If your family events involve a man who thinks he God telling your whole family how is going to take all of your money and tell you how you need to spend it, I pity you terribly.
You need help with the concept of extrapolation, it seems.

But I refer you to EmeraldMaiden's post above for the specifics of decorum and appropriateness as they pertain specifically to the House.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,330,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You need help with the concept of extrapolation, it seems.
Extrapolation? You need help with the concept of a dictionary.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:35 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,376,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
From reading, it does not appear to be racist by nature. Not saying underlying racial tendencies do not happen at the meetings, I have never been to one. If so, then I shall eat crow as I stated above.
While I won't go as far as "A+B=C", several of the SCV members I've known had some serious problems with personal racist ideology. I have no doubt that the organization goes out of its way to not appear racist (beyond being an organization dedicated to confederate traditions), but it tends to be a common meeting place for folks who HAPPEN to share a somewhat racist identity.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
While I won't go as far as "A+B=C", several of the SCV members I've known had some serious problems with personal racist ideology. I have no doubt that the organization goes out of its way to not appear racist (beyond being an organization dedicated to confederate traditions), but it tends to be a common meeting place for folks who HAPPEN to share a somewhat racist identity.

Please see post #24 .

Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,601,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Extrapolation? You need help with the concept of a dictionary.
You honestly don't know how to extrapolate from example A to example B in order to illustrate a commonality between the two or to use one to shed light on the other? Oh, now I feel bad for you. HINT: They are both about decorum and appropriateness in specific situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies