Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

The crowds will be protesting all of Washington and their incompetence and lack of listening to the people. Wake up and smell the coffee. It has been growing for years, just happens to be it came to a head on Obama's watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The crowds will be protesting all of Washington and their incompetence and lack of listening to the people. Wake up and smell the coffee. It has been growing for years, just happens to be it came to a head on Obama's watch.
Ah, yes. An incredible coincidence.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
What am I running scared of? Please tell me or stop making things up. It makes you look dishonest.

Because they are nothing except a practice in placing party over principles. You have had 3 decades to protest against fiscal irresponsibility and now all of a sudden when Obama gets nominated, you and Fox News start to care?

Kind of reminds me of all the war protest from the peaceniks while bush was in office .

Now that obama is not only not stopping the war like he PROMISED when runing but he is increasing it .

Also the stimulate was a big deal ,until obama spent more money in first 5 months than all the presidents spent in our history .
His change is just another clinton adminstration . he just switched them around some .

I will be at my 4th tea party tomorrow .

Old 09-12-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
What am I running scared of? Please tell me or stop making things up. It makes you look dishonest.

Because they are nothing except a practice in placing party over principles. You have had 3 decades to protest against fiscal irresponsibility and now all of a sudden when Obama gets nominated, you and Fox News start to care?

We never had the benefit of a major news source until Fox News . That was reserved for the two parties who have been working on tearing this nation apart for years now .

Also I must admit that humans go the route of least resistance 'until they start losing their assets '. We now understand its a life or death by poverty situation .

Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Obama's inauguration had an attendance between just over 1 million to 1.8 million according to various estimates. I doubt very much that tomorrow's event will draw anything near that.
The only reason he was so popular was because f his race, period . it sure wasn't his charactor that got him there .

Old 09-12-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Ah, yes. An incredible coincidence.

Not nearly the coincidence it is that you can't insult ,condemn us enough yet not one of you said a word about the million illegals parading and protesting all over your nation a couple years ago .

They are bragging about their agenda to take over your country and put your children in the fields when they tke over . The same 5 millon [obama is doubled lgal immigration ] andamnesty to 30 to 40 million who will bring in their hundred million family members from third world nations .

You think they will be good to you ? Better google what they say about it .

Old 09-12-2009, 02:50 AM

654 posts, read 466,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Kind of reminds me of all the war protest from the peaceniks while bush was in office .

Now that obama is not only not stopping the war like he PROMISED when runing but he is increasing it .

Also the stimulate was a big deal ,until obama spent more money in first 5 months than all the presidents spent in our history .
His change is just another clinton adminstration . he just switched them around some .

I will be at my 4th tea party tomorrow .
So now you care about war spending. Again, no tea parties when Bush got us into one of the most expensive wars in history. In fact, Republicans called anyone who was against the war un-American and un-Patriotic while ignoring the costs. Not one tea party was held, despite the Republicans claiming that the Iraq war would be paid for with oil money. And Rumsield stated on the eve of the Iraq War, that "If you think that we are going to spend one billion in Iraq, you are sadly mistaken". In fact, most of the Iraq war architects received promotions during Bush's reign, despite being wildly off the mark.

No tea parties when Bush spent $700 billion on the bank bailouts. No tea parties when the Republicans spent billions on universal health care for Iraqis. No tea parties when Republican spent $1.2 trillion on the MMA, despite us being lied to with an original estimate of under $4 billion.

As for Clinton, he was a New Democrat and a fiscal conservative. He even cut back on welfare programs, but Obama and company are welfare queens; both individual and corporate. Obama is no Clinton; one of the most fiscally conservative Presidents in modern day history.

I know that Obama is spending like a maniac. I am against that, but I was also against the Republicans doing it, something that the tea-baggers are not. There are no anti-Republican signs at these parties, only anti-Obama signs.

Again, it is nothing but a practice in placing party over principles as tea baggers have shown that they are quite against a Republican spendthrift, but dissent against a Democrat spendthrift.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Its all a play on words with tehse things like the milion man march etc. The oneside will say million and the other say a disappointing thousands.All spin and even the medai wil play it depending on which view they have of the organization.Cetainly nothing you woulkd gewt say like in the 60's when the people faced going to vietnam and had a real stake.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:19 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Not nearly the coincidence it is that you can't insult ,condemn us enough yet not one of you said a word about the million illegals parading and protesting all over your nation a couple years ago .

They are bragging about their agenda to take over your country and put your children in the fields when they tke over . The same 5 millon [obama is doubled lgal immigration ] andamnesty to 30 to 40 million who will bring in their hundred million family members from third world nations .

You think they will be good to you ? Better google what they say about it .
Off-topic, much?

Beside the facts that your post is wildly off-topic and that you have absolutely no clue as to what I or anyone else "said" about the May Day protests/protestors (which, I assume, is what you're referring to), they have absolutely nothing to do with the goofy "tea parties" or their misguided protestors (tea-baggers) of late.

Furthermore, your post does nothing to dispute the fact that although the very things the tea-baggers are protesting have been occurring for years, the tea-baggers are only protesting now because their party recently lost power (not to mention that their presidential candidate lost to a black man for the first time in history) and they can't help but cry and whine about it.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:25 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
We never had the benefit of a major news source until Fox News . That was reserved for the two parties who have been working on tearing this nation apart for years now .

Also I must admit that humans go the route of least resistance 'until they start losing their assets '. We now understand its a life or death by poverty situation .
Fox New started broadcasting when Obama became president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies