Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:21 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Will The Media Cover the 9-12 March On DC Today? What do you think?

I don't necessarily expect live coverage like Fox News is doing from 1:00PM to 3:00PM, just a story. Am I expecting too much? Will your friends and co-workers even know about it by Monday morning? Do the marchers need to wear outrageous costumes like gay marchers, hold up signs in Spanish like pro-illegal immigrant marchers, carry signs to Free Somebody Who Murdered People, or march naked like anti-fur people, to get the media's attention? Those groups get coverage even when marcher numbers are small. Will a newspaper like The Washington Post cover it or use an Associated Press story? It's happening right there in their livingroom.

Apparently, the President thinks its a big deal, he's getting out of town. (I would, too.) But, the march ends at the Capitol, not the White House.

So, what's your guess - a story in the newspaper/on TV or no story at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:25 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

I don't necessarily expect live coverage like Fox News is doing from 1:00PM to 3:00PM, just a story. Am I expecting too much? Will your friends and co-workers even know about it by Monday morning? Do the marchers need to wear outrageous costumes like gay marchers, hold up signs in Spanish like pro-illegal immigrant marchers, carry signs to Free Somebody Who Murdered People, or march naked like anti-fur people, to get the media's attention? Those groups get coverage even when marcher numbers are small. Will a newspaper like The Washington Post cover it or use an Associated Press story? It's happening right there in their livingroom.

Apparently, the President thinks its a big deal, he's getting out of town. (I would, too.) But, the march ends at the Capitol, not the White House.

Giggles is leaving AGAIN? WTH?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Nice research. It's on the front page of the Post this morning and it hasn't even happened yet. Tens of thousands of Beck-bots are coming, organizers say. Astroturf rules.

Last edited by saganista; 09-12-2009 at 06:40 AM..

Old 09-12-2009, 06:37 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Giggles is leaving AGAIN? WTH?
Yeah, he's in Minneapolis working on health care. Nice to have a President who takes the job seriously for a change, eh?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:38 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
Quote:
It's on the front page of the Washington Post this morning.

Quote:
I don't necessarily expect live coverage like Fox News is doing from 1:00PM to 3:00PM, just a story.
FOX "News" has something of a vested interest in the protest.

Quote:
Do the marchers need to wear outrageous costumes like gay marchers, hold up signs in Spanish like pro-illegal immigrant marchers, carry signs to Free Somebody Who Murdered People, or march naked like anti-fur people, to get the media's attention?
No mention of the right-to-lifers annual march? Your politics are so hard to figure out!

Quote:
Apparently, the President thinks its a big deal, he's getting out of town.
I'd love to see a link to a reputable source (i.e., not FOX) that connects the President's trip to Minnesota today with a need to get out of town for any reason today.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
I am sure that Fox News will be there in full force!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:

What's the problem?

Can't wait a few minutes to find out??????????????

Don't have anything else to post?

Strrrrrrectching????

What????

Old 09-12-2009, 06:58 AM

841 posts, read 2,260,955 times
Quote:

YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian)

Given the mans Hypocrisy I say it deserves none

Old 09-12-2009, 07:11 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
How does the media cover anything? It will sensationalize, propagandize and fine the most extreme possible examples and show them over and over and over and over, then put up a couple of talking pinheads who struggled in community college to tell the American people how they should feel about it. Then they will show that footage over and over and over again.

In the room behind the screen they will count the endless piles of money they make off of the frothing at the mouth loonies while they discuss which politician they will either elevate or denounce in tomorrow broadcast.

Too cynical?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:12 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times

YouTube - Glenn Beck implies Ron Paul supporters are terrorists

YouTube - Glenn Beck: "I hate 9/11 victims families for asking questions"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies