Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,534 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting thread here. Very interesting.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:47 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Take a look at the Nobel Prize winners.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:30 PM

259 posts, read 939,131 times
Quote:
Jewish history is facinating in that during the middle ages, all of the European / Slavic nations had outlawed the open practise of Hebrew worship. I don't recall the exact time frame but it was the Dutch who first alowed hebrew to be legal.
Your facts are inncorrect! Poland did not ban Hebrew worship at all! Poland permitted Hebrew and Jewish culture to prosper! As a result Poland was the most dominant economic, military and political power in Europe from the 15th to the 17th century! And Russia did not ban Hebrew whorship persea! Europeans were prohibited by Roman Catholic Bishops many of whom were Jewish by Simony ( monetary purchase) from trading with Russia and Constantiople because of the Mongolian conquest of Russia and Turkey in the 13th century! Jews did not settle in Russia Because trade with the west was prohibited except with China until the end of the Crimean war in 1848-50!

Quote:
The Dutch ecomomy soon exploded to unforseen hights. Dutch trade ships were soon found around the globe. The Pol's, Russians and other nations soon alowed Hebrew worship in the hopes that the business trade would improve. The renasances was born.
Again your facts are wrong! The Renaissance occured in the 13th-14th and 15th centuries! The Dutch did not sent ships out untill the 17th century!

Quote:
Who always slaps their label on the product that you're sitting in or typing on right now? Who have been the most ambitious people in history? The Oriental people. (Think China and Japan) They are industrially and technologically superior.
Your facts are wrong also! Orientals did not always slap their labels on the product that you're sitting in or typing on right now! And Orientals were not always the most ambitious people in history! Who traditionally were the most ambitious people on the planet and financed slaping the Labels on the products we use Right now? The Euro-aboringinals! and the Jews also?

Quote:
ONLY Jewish babies were being circumsized in the USA. If you don't believe me just ask any man that was born prior to 1948 in the US if they are circumsized.
Whaaat???? You are sexually frustrated!!!!!

Quote:
There are alot of web sights on how the whole cleanlyness thing was just a ruse! This act has even given the muslim extremeists a tangable link between the Americans and Jews.
Whaaat? Muslims are circumsized also!! Islamic laws are similar to Orthodox Jewish laws! Everything from circumsion, dress and Diet to Gender separation and social status and praying is pretty much the same!!

Last edited by Dee62; 05-05-2007 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-05-2007, 09:45 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
This is a very interesting thread here. Very interesting.
That's one word for it. I've been a Jew since birth (30 years), attended Sunday School for 10+ years, Hebrew school for 4 years, and Bat-Mitzvah classes... and even I don't know what the heck is being talked about here, LOL. But no matter what the history books say, or how you choose to interpret them, it's no excuse for Antisemitism TODAY.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:57 AM

786 posts, read 4,732,860 times
It is just amazing to me how aggressive most Jewish people I meet in business are. While there are exceptions, most are so driven, demanding of everyone and smarter than most of us. I would not want to work for a Jewish person but would want one to run my company. I think they are God's chosen people.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:11 AM

I am wondering why GOD, if he does exist would favor one group of people over everyone else? That to me, just never made sense to me. And if GOD does exist I am sure he is more fair here, would never choose anyone to be "better" than anyone else here.

I have jewish roots btw..but I do not consider my jewish cause I do not and have not ever followed the religion. I am alot like Woody Allen in that respect here I actually love him and can identify with him alot actually.

Some also claim that if your not born to a Jewish mom, your not really jewish. My mother was jewish btw...yet I do not look jewish at all, not at all! Go figure! LOL!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:14 AM

I would not want to work for a Jewish person but would want one to run my company.

For once we do agree on something!!! I also drive myself hard to excel and expect it from others too...but I am not hurtful or unkind to people or do I consider anyone else beneath for that matter as well here.

Did you know Kerry had jewish roots too and did not know it? Alot of us do actually!

Old 05-06-2007, 07:18 AM

So who would the "unchosen" people be here Dingler? Just interested in why you said that we are GOD's chosen people, is it just those who practice the religion or those who are born jewish and choose not to go to temple or be part of the faith? Enlighten me please!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:05 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIN-n-012 View Post
The reality of all this is prior to this geniside, ONLY Jewish babies were being circumsized in the USA. If you don't believe me just ask any man that was born prior to 1948 in the US if they are circumsized. ..
Well, my gentile dad was cut (in 1928, when he was born). But it really wasn't a frequent topic of conversation.
I was always under the impression that circumcision, which prior to the 50's maybe half the male population underwent, became popular in the 50's because of the medicalization of childbirth, which never used to be such a clinical experience.
But I see Dee62 offered some historical corrections. (That book The Hiram Key reminds me--not in a good way--of The Da Vinci Code.)
Quote:
Some also claim that if your not born to a Jewish mom, your not really jewish.
Assuming a child has received Jewish instruction, Reform Jews do not require the mother to be Jewish. However, some other sects do and may require conversion. The Jewish identity question could fill another thread.

Y'all who go on and on about American Jewish people and their many successes in business and entertainment etc crack me up.
You've probably dealt with many a Jew and not even known it.
Hasidics (and Jehovah's Witnesses) with attitude aside, not *everyone* aggressively wears their religion, or their culture, on their day-to-day sleeve.
I've had my ups and downs with Orthodox Jews, but more positive experiences than negative.

Why do "successful" Jews seemingly get so much attention?
Do they?
And if so, is it taboo to talk about it?
I really don't have a definitive answer. I think Jews are only about 2% of the population. They have been marginalized for centuries but did develop survival techniques. Many Jews grow up with the idea of tikkun olam: working for social justice, repairing the world in any way they can.
Maybe this makes a difference, I dunno.

Two of my favorite successful Jews are Larry David and Jon Stewart.
They both typify the kind of intelligent, wry and dark humor that seems to flow out from the Jewish experience.
I do believe Jews love learning, but not all of them are out there livin' large. Two other important Jewish heroes are Jonas Salk and Albert Sabin, inventors of polio vaccines.

Still other Jews are regular people slogging away at regular jobs. They only want to live their lives, whether religiously affiliated or secular, without undue scrutiny or hassle.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 AM

74 posts, read 234,603 times
Dee62,
Thank you for clarifying some details in my post. All in all my decades old recolection may be off, but the basic idea of economic growth in Hebrew friendly nations is sound. As for circumcizion, just because you did not read my point in a history book does not negate its validity. I am aware of the muslim practice of circumcizion. The point was most Americans are not muslim or Jewish yet the "extremists" have linked Americans to Israel VIA this practice. Thanks again for taking the time to clarify some details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies