Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I am not worshiping anyone, learn to read, with comprehension.
What he did reflects no character, class or integrity. Treating others with such far outweighs any amount of sales or cash in the bank. That is what is wrong with society today, that money in the bank or bling is in fact not what matters. And to make it worse, this thug is someone that some look up to and want to emulate. THAT is the problem.
I'd hardly call Kanye a thug...you probably call him that because he's black and you think all black people are thugs.

You are celebrity worshipping if you're defending this celebrity with so much effort. You clearly feel bad for her, but there's really no reason to. There are plenty of people who deserve your sympathy (like the 10% unemployed or those kids growing up in the ghetto), but some overrated 19 year old multi-millionaire doesn't deserve sympathy for some stupid awards show incident if it did not result in any harm to her.

After all, as I have pointed out, this incident is a major boost to her career. If I ever win an award on MTV, I'll be hoping Kanye interrupts my speech too, then maybe the average idiot who worships all things celebrity will worship me too. It's so dumb. She didn't deserve the award anyway, have you heard that horrible song she won for? It's got to be one of the least creative and least complicated songs I have ever heard. So really, who cares? She already got awards and millions for this pathetic excuse for a "song". I'm sorry, no matter how bad a year 2008-9 was in music, there were obviously hundreds of songs that were better than that crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 11:18 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
I'd hardly call Kanye a thug...you probably call him that because he's black and you think all black people are thugs.

You are celebrity worshipping if you're defending this celebrity with so much effort. You clearly feel bad for her, but there's really no reason to. There are plenty of people who deserve your sympathy (like the 10% unemployed or those kids growing up in the ghetto), but some overrated 19 year old multi-millionaire doesn't deserve sympathy for some stupid awards show incident if it did not result in any harm to her.

After all, as I have pointed out, this incident is a major boost to her career. If I ever win an award on MTV, I'll be hoping Kanye interrupts my speech too, then maybe the average idiot who worships all things celebrity will worship me too. It's so dumb. She didn't deserve the award anyway, have you heard that horrible song she won for? It's got to be one of the least creative and least complicated songs I have ever heard. So really, who cares? She already got awards and millions for this pathetic excuse for a "song". I'm sorry, no matter how bad a year 2008-9 was in music, there were obviously hundreds of songs that were better than that crap.

Like I said mentality such as written above is what is wrong in society today.

He is a THUG. I could careless what his skin color is, that doesn't define a THUG but mentality or lack thereof sure does.

I feel sorry when ANYONE is treated poorly because some THUG jerk wants to play the race card which is clearly what he did. No one is defending Swift what we are saying is that he is a racist THUG who has NO class, integrity, morals or character whatsoever. That is a HUGE Problem.

Your comment on whether or not she deserved to win? That is strictly your opinion, which means little to nothing. The fact still remains that she DID win and the THUG should have had enough character and professional integrity to let her accept the award. She didn't need this award to boost her career but as a human being who did in fact win, she should have been shown respect.

This isn't a black thang, white thang it is a common decency thang. Of which that THUG has none. Bottom line....

Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What does that tell YOU about YOURSELF?
It tells me that there are some very dense people around here.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It tells me that there are some very dense people around here.
Yeah, I agree.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,971 times
Kanye West is a prime example of how you don't have to be intelligent, or even talented, to be a celebrity nowadays.

When I was much younger I used to listen to a lot of hip-hop music (not so much anymore). Sir Mix-A-Lot, Dr. Dre, Grand Master Flash, Nate Dogg etc.. at least have talent, unlike this bozo.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Like I said mentality such as written above is what is wrong in society today.

He is a THUG. I could careless what his skin color is, that doesn't define a THUG but mentality or lack thereof sure does.

I feel sorry when ANYONE is treated poorly because some THUG jerk wants to play the race card which is clearly what he did. No one is defending Swift what we are saying is that he is a racist THUG who has NO class, integrity, morals or character whatsoever. That is a HUGE Problem.
Since when was Race an issue in this? If anything, it's about taste. Why would Kanye want some stupid 19 year old country singer to win when that's clearly the opposite of the genres of music he'd listen to?

You bringing up race shows your true colors. This had NOTHING to do with race, but since Kanye said "GB doesn't care about black people" a few years ago, you can't let go of his race.

A thug uses violence...Kanye is a total wuss, he's never used violence.

What is it with you people and calling everyone "thugs"?

Quote:
Your comment on whether or not she deserved to win? That is strictly your opinion, which means little to nothing. The fact still remains that she DID win and the THUG should have had enough character and professional integrity to let her accept the award. She didn't need this award to boost her career but as a human being who did in fact win, she should have been shown respect.

This isn't a black thang, white thang it is a common decency thang. Of which that THUG has none. Bottom line....
As I said, the result of this incident has been far superior than if she had been given her "moment". She will end up much richer because of this. Poor baby.

And yeah, talent has a lot to do with it. MTV pushes the egos of the talentless and turns them into massive-ego celebrities like Britney and Kanye who really do not have any talent to back it up.

Again, the word "THUG" is not the right word. It's more like "CHILD" because that's how he acted, like a child.
Just so you know (since you clearly do not understand the word), here's the definition of THUG:
Quote:
THUG (Noun)
1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.
2. (sometimes initial capital letter) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.
Did he murder her? Did he violently assault her? If he did not use physical violence, he cannot be called a thug.

He can be called a talentless egomanical moron though...

Old 09-15-2009, 12:39 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,565,838 times
Well, you gotta love President Obama who really keeps it real:

Obama: Kanye Is A "Jackass"

Calling Kanye West a "jackass" is the realest thing I've heard so far almost. Right on, Obama!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Kanye actually twittered about MJ's death being more important than Swayze's? I thought that other poster was joking? If so, than Kanye's really sick in the head.
No, apparently 01Snake was joking when he said that. But don't let him know that you thought it was real, he'll give you an attitude like he did with me.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I saw Kanye on Jay Leno last night...he seemed contrite and humbled by what he did.
Oh he's "contrite and humbled" because everyone's looking down on him for what he did to Taylor. It's just PR folk, not true contritement!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Since when was Race an issue in this? If anything, it's about taste. Why would Kanye want some stupid 19 year old country singer to win when that's clearly the opposite of the genres of music he'd listen to?

You bringing up race shows your true colors. This had NOTHING to do with race, but since Kanye said "GB doesn't care about black people" a few years ago, you can't let go of his race.

A thug uses violence...Kanye is a total wuss, he's never used violence.

What is it with you people and calling everyone "thugs"?

As I said, the result of this incident has been far superior than if she had been given her "moment". She will end up much richer because of this. Poor baby.

And yeah, talent has a lot to do with it. MTV pushes the egos of the talentless and turns them into massive-ego celebrities like Britney and Kanye who really do not have any talent to back it up.

Again, the word "THUG" is not the right word. It's more like "CHILD" because that's how he acted, like a child.
Just so you know (since you clearly do not understand the word), here's the definition of THUG:

Did he murder her? Did he violently assault her? If he did not use physical violence, he cannot be called a thug.

He can be called a talentless egomanical moron though...

He is a THUG....plain and simple.

I have explained it to you a couple of times now, if you don't get it you never will. Having class, integrity and a good overall character is a good thing. And that is what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies