U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,276,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
NO there is NO difference. So now we have a freakin set of rules that must happen before someone can call the President an ass. I don't think so, that is just being a hypocrite and you know it. Either it is wrong or it is not. You can NOT have it both ways.
Here, simpler.

One is justified.
Tea Parties are not.

Try and justify the tea parties - lets fact check your perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 PM

5,129 posts, read 4,182,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Here, simpler.

One is justified.
Tea Parties are not.

Try and justify the tea parties - lets fact check your perspective.

In YOUR opinion. Who set the rules for what can be protested and what can not?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 PM

56 posts, read 58,630 times
No, I think you'll find that the Red states have far more people that love this country and in reality oppose both the political and social changes that they believe are hurting America.

It's about tradition.
It's also about protecting capitalism.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
In YOUR opinion. Who set the rules for what can be protested and what can not?
If the protester's are protesting BASED ON LIES, their protests are not valid.
It continues to be sour grapes.

Do you think they'd want to know if they are protesting based on lies?

Maybe not - wouldn't surprise me.
One carried a sign that said "thank you fox for informing us".
Lol.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 PM

966 posts, read 1,696,957 times
dcadca,

I do not blindly support a candidate or political party. I have stated that in the past. I will call it as I see it. Unfortunately, people in either extreme cannot see anything wrong with their party or candidate; or even the direction that the country may be headed even if is wrong. For example, I love this country, but I feel that the US invading Iraq is dead wrong. Many times we act more like an imperialism than a democracy. I am sorry, but that is true.
Other times we act like a caring nation an offer aid to other countries in need.
I can see beyond the fog and smoke when they are trying to sell us in a war like Iraq. What was it-"operation Iraqui freedom". Yeah right. Then it was weapon of mass destruction. Then it was that Iraq was responsible for 911. It seems that we were told all kinds of excuses for going into that war than the actual truth.

Without a doubt we have problems with our politics. Unfortunately, any candidates or candidate that makes solid rational well thought out choices may not be elected for several reasons. Even though I do not agree with all his ideas, I do agree with many of Obama's plan (not all). Again, there are those that will fabricate lies and plans which he hasn't even initiated.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
If the protester's are protesting BASED ON LIES, their protests are not valid.
It continues to be sour grapes.

Do you think they'd want to know if they are protesting based on lies?

Maybe not - wouldn't surprise me.
One carried a sign that said "thank you fox for informing us".
Lol.

Ahhh I see so every protest against Bush was 100% true. None of it was based on lies? That has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. You do realize how idiotic that sounds right?

I am really trying here but your logic just makes no sense at all. For you to even suggest that every protest against Bush was based on 100% truth is so fall off the wall one can not even reply to it.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 PM

17,279 posts, read 8,294,841 times
Sure, this is the President that will bring us together.............This President is not a UNITER, He is going to destroy all of what America stands for..............How Obama Is Pitting Americans Against Each Other Nice Deb

President Obama will weaken our NATION!!!! Keep your CHANGE Mr. President!!!

Quote:
Ahhh I see so every protest against Bush was 100% true. None of it was based on lies? That has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. You do realize how idiotic that sounds right?
It came out of your mouth, not mine.

Quote:
I am really trying here but your logic just makes no sense at all.
I'll be even simpler.

LIES = bad
Quote:
For you to even suggest that every protest against Bush was based on 100% truth is so fall off the wall one can not even reply to it.
Again, that came out of your mouth.
Not mine.

When you get finished talking to yourself let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
dcadca,

I do not blindly support a candidate or political party. I have stated that in the past. I will call it as I see it. Unfortunately, people in either extreme cannot see anything wrong with their party or candidate; or even the direction that the country may be headed even if is wrong. For example, I love this country, but I feel that the US invading Iraq is dead wrong.
As do I. I do think we would have had to deal with Iraq at some point but I do not think we needed to go in when we did.

Quote:
Many times we act more like an imperialism than a democracy. I am sorry, but that is true.
Other times we act like a caring nation an offer aid to other countries in need.
I can see beyond the fog and smoke when they are trying to sell us in a war like Iraq. What was it-"operation Iraqui freedom". Yeah right. Then it was weapon of mass destruction. Then it was that Iraq was responsible for 911. It seems that we were told all kinds of excuses for going into that war than the actual truth.
I agree to a point. I did think Iraq had WMD's I still do I think they had more then enough time to get rid of them, I also know that Saddam would say he had them to certain countries (Iran) then say to us that he did not. He did not have the best track record of telling the truth in this area but again I do think we went in at the wrong time.

Quote:
Without a doubt we have problems with our politics. Unfortunately, any candidates or candidate that makes solid rational well thought out choices may not be elected for several reasons.

I agree. Unfortunately there are way to many people that vote party lines no matter what, I am NOT one of those people. I have voted Dem and Rep. If we could break people away from the parties and have them look at a person without knowing what party they are then choose we would be much better off, I think.

Thank you for having a civil discussion, it is hard to find that on here sometime.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 PM

3,040 posts, read 9,531,370 times
Quote:
From watching the news and the tea party participants, there seems to be many more ignorant and narrow minded folks coming from the heartland of america who participated in the tea party. It is unbelievable the comments that I heard coming out of some of those folks mouth. Signs displaying hatred towards Obama. People saying that he is trying to indoctrinate the young kids of america. People insinuating that there may be some type of civil war.

I am aware that there were many people from all over the country including blue states, but man I could not believe the ridiculous and uneducated comments from people while I was watching the news today and they were showing coverage from the 9-12 rally.

Do we have many more people with backwards mentality in this country than I thought?

Are people still in denial that President Obama, the first black US president actually the president and folks will just not accept it?

All I could do is shake my head in disbelief while watching clips from this weekend on the different channels. It seems like some of those people were some of the same ones that were showing up to town hall meetings yelling and showing up with their guns. It seems as if this country in general has some ways to go as far as ignorance, and naitivity.
Quote:
jdavid, I am sorry, but I am not going to begin to educate you. By the way I do not think that views that are not in line with mine are not necessarily "ignorant' or "uneducated".
You don't need to educate me. I can take care of that on my own. What I did ask for were examples of the views that you consider "ignorant" or "uneducated." By throwing out generalizations without giving examples, you tend to support my earlier assertions.

Quote:
Many people are upset with president Obama. How about starting with Senators and House of Rep. They are the ones that are writing up and approving many of what I would call "poor bills" that are taking our liberties away and are passing unjust laws/bills that benefit a few major corportations.
Most of our Senators and Representatives are not upset with Obama. I would agree that they are the ones creating these "poor bills," but it's Obama that has veto powers. By signing, he is a party to the "poor bills" and the erosion of our freedom.

Quote:
Anyways, if you cannot see the problems, I am sorry for you.
No need for you to feel sorry for me. I can see the problems, and it's the future of this country and its citizens that I feel sorry for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies