Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,226,441 times

Advertisements

I can't even believe the crap I am reading on this thread. As if one can generalize about the collective intelligence in any given state, LOL! How ridiculous!!! And then dividing it into red/blue!

Come on, folks. Get a reality check. The average IQ in this country 103. That ain't exactly high on the intelligence scale. Only a small percentage of folks end up on either side of the Bell Curve when it comes to intelligence. So most of what you get in ANY CITY, in ANY STATE is Mr and Ms. Average. They may dress differently in various areas of the country . . . and they may have more - or less - access to higher education in different areas . . . but as far as dumb? Dumb is an equal opportunity genetic trait, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,571,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
With regard to the OP, an answer is not possible until you define "ignorant". If ignorance is defined as having a libertarian lean than both red and blue states are ignorant. If ignorance is believing that either party follows the Constitution, again both red and blue states are guilty.

However, if you think that collectivism as an ideology is enlightened than neither blue or red states are ignorant. If you are just generally speaking in terms of how most define it today. Red states are ignorant if you believe that the intellectual elite are omniscient and know what is best for all people. Blue states are ignorant if you believe that government should not be engineering outcomes produced by freedom. You can see the problem with a question such as this. "Ignorance" is completely arbitrary depending on viewpoint.
Excellent analysis of the OP. Thanks for posting!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,223,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
If a protest is based on Lies, its simply not valid.
Regardless of what the protest is about.
I have not said otherwise and it'd be really nice if people stopped reading whatever they wanted to read - unless you just like arguing.
What lies would you be speaking of?

Quote:
What a great bumper sticker.
Do you know many?
I don't "do" bumper stickers. Do I know many what?

Quote:
Are you even bothering to read the thread you comment on?
I suggest you re-read it.
I pointed out a fine example of hypocrisy.
Read the whole thing, thank you.

You may have pointed out what YOU view as hypocrisy. Nothing more.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,897,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
With regard to the OP, an answer is not possible until you define "ignorant".
Why would the OP need to define a term that most people should already know the definition of?

lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact
Ignorant Definition | Definition of Ignorant at Dictionary.com

There are great examples all over this forum.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,172,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Maybe, but there is certainly more hypocrisy in blue states.
I know that is 100% true about PA.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What lies would you be speaking of?
I invite you to read the thread again.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Much more ignorance in red states, without a doubt. Much lower levels of educational achievement in red states. A person who is worldly and educated could never hold such Conservative aka anti-intellectual views.
Quote:
Also, most people who are intellectual and enlightened know that religion is BS, red states are still very religious LOL. How many artists, singers, actors, scientists, intellectuals are Conservatives LOL?
You are too funny for words! You obviously are clueless about blue states and where the majority of the votes for the democratic party stem from. Thanks for the laugh!

You are an intellectually enlightened type? Please...keep talking....

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-16-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I invite you to read the thread again.
You first and keep in mind that just because you don't like it/agree with it doesn't make it a "lie".

Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You first and keep in mind that just because you don't like it/agree with it doesn't make it a "lie".
At least one example is contained in this thread.
If you had read the thread as you claimed, you would have seen it.
Or do you have memory loss issues?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Why would the OP need to define a term that most people should already know the definition of?

lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact
Ignorant Definition | Definition of Ignorant at Dictionary.com

There are great examples all over this forum.
Based on what? What YOU view to be as such?

Don't think for a second that your "great examples" all over the forum aren't viewed by others who disagree with your VIEWPOINT as ignorant.

But you win because you can prove that those who don't agree with you are....wrong?

And PROVE is the operative word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies