Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times

Advertisements

President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site

Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' - Political News - FOXNews.com

Why does a network has to appologize for the words of the president...are they so special you can't forward them on a tweet....

IMO the words are correct to be used for Kanye...but indeed not presidential!

But this president has proven not to be "presidential" at all and btw he thinks he is still campaigning ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 04:01 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Good to hear a politician speaking the truth

Old 09-15-2009, 04:02 AM

20,251 posts, read 19,821,292 times
I agree with the President.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,461,788 times
Quote:
Originally posted by bentlebee
President Barack Obama called hip-hop musician Kanye West a "jackass" on Monday in an off-the-record comment during an interview with CNBC, an ABC News anchor reported on Twitter.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran wrote Monday evening to his more than 1 million followers.

The tweet forced the network to issue an apology after the Internet quickly became abuzz over the stunning remark published on the microblogging site

Obama Calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' - Political News - FOXNews.com

Why does a network has to appologize for the words of the president...are they so special you can't forward them on a tweet....

IMO the words are correct to be used for Kanye...but indeed not presidential!

But this president has proven not to be "presidential" at all and btw he thinks he is still campaigning ......
Because it was off the record, and off the record comments shouldn't be printed? Just a thought there.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,512,412 times
Here's another (and much more frightening) question: since when does Twitter have anything to do with legitimate news?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,322,469 times
Whats wrong with him calling Kanye West a jackass?

Presidents are human to, but when you're right, you're right. Maybe he just found middle ground with a lot of Republicans.

I think anyone who is mad at the President for speaking the truth, in a off the record comment, is just being political, and will never admit when the man is right.

You don't think Presidents talk the way they do on Television all the time do you? Those are prepared speeches, they don't actually talk like that. People close to George Bush said he was much better in one on one then he was during a speech.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM

14 posts, read 24,144 times
Although I'm a fan of Kanye, what he did was outta line man!
Come on, the girl's 19, her first award and then there's mr Big Mouth Kanye who has to ruineverything for the gal.
He could do it, but not at the VMA's. Put it on a blog or your site, a Tweet, I dunno, but not this

Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,940,578 times
I don't like Obama at all but if he truly said and meant this, he's a little bit better in my book

Old 09-15-2009, 04:33 AM

136 posts, read 107,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whats wrong with him calling Kanye West a jackass?

Presidents are human to, but when you're right, you're right. Maybe he just found middle ground with a lot of Republicans.

I think anyone who is mad at the President for speaking the truth, in a off the record comment, is just being political, and will never admit when the man is right.

You don't think Presidents talk the way they do on Television all the time do you? Those are prepared speeches, they don't actually talk like that. People close to George Bush said he was much better in one on one then he was during a speech.
I agree.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:33 AM

37,759 posts, read 40,857,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Good to hear a politician speaking the truth
And I shouted out "You lie!" during a Presidential speech to Congress but if an outrageous comment is made by me in the forest/livingroom when no media is present to hear it, is there sound?

Ummmm. I don't really see any challenges coming from anyone except maybe Kanye's mother on the "jackass" comment. Now, if the President was Bush...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies