Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:21 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times

Advertisements

Gee...where's 60 minutes known for using a unique style of reporter-centered investigation...

ACORN Story Grows But Mainstream Media Refuse to Cover It - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 04:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I have our local news on right now and there is a segment on Acorn, albeit a short one. But they all are at this time of the morning.
This posted before I was done typing so will have to add if it's a locally originated story or one picked up from a national.

Nope...just a local.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Gee...where's 60 minutes known for using a unique style of reporter-centered investigation...

Maybe FAUX news should stop enciting. The story on ACORN and the tapes have been reported since last Friday by all of the news channels. Maybe if you broaden the clicker on your remote you would know that.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:00 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Maybe FAUX news should stop enciting. The story on ACORN and the tapes have been reported since last Friday by all of the news channels. Maybe if you broaden the clicker on your remote you would know that.
Yeah I mean why would fox actually report the news and a story on corruption that is getting federal money

Old 09-15-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah I mean why would fox actually report the news and a story on corruption that is getting federal money

Are you changing the subject of the this thread. The original title was that the MSN channels were not covering the ACORN scandel, which is NOT true. But of course if FAUX claimed it in a LINK you ran with it.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
This DOES seem like a very major story don't you think?

It should be of great concern to ALL the news outlets....

I am sure you are outraged by this just as much as the rest of us right B&P???

Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
This DOES seem like a very major story don't you think?

It should be of great concern to ALL the news outlets....

I am sure you are outraged by this just as much as the rest of us right B&P???

Oz, I wouldn't say i'm concerned I'm PISSED...Pissed because the intention of this program was to educate the Low to middle income folks in the community. These are the VERY same people that are employed by ACORN who bytch gripe and moan about their inability to get ahead, being held back not given a chance.
I'm PISSED because others who could benefit not only from a employment standpoint but from an educational standpoint as well are being penalized because of those who thought of SELF. I'm PISSED because these are folks from my own community that shyt away ANY opportunity that others have from benefiting from this program.

Again I say DAMN politics, ACORN was not only into "voter registration", but there were other aspects of ACORN that helped the low to middle income communities. So i wouldn't say i'm concerned i'm PISSED.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:00 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Ever thought that the organisation hasn't been for those things in a LONG while(if at all)???

This isn't some isolated cases,this seems to be pretty commonplace.

Another video is supposed to come out today....and I think it looks like another one out tomorrow as well.

Power corrupts,ACORN has a lot of power.

This is the fault of no-one but the ACORN organisation.

And I am concerned because this shows a lack of caring about how much of the people's money ACORN wastes....

Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ever thought that the organisation hasn't been for those things in a LONG while(if at all)???

This isn't some isolated cases,this seems to be pretty commonplace.

Another video is supposed to come out today....and I think it looks like another one out tomorrow as well.

Power corrupts,ACORN has a lot of power.

This is the fault of no-one but the ACORN organisation.

And I am concerned because this shows a lack of caring about how much of the people's money ACORN wastes....

Oz, I understand what your saying, but I wouldn't place it ALL on the Organization as a whole, that would be letting those off too easily that are committing the crimes. I agree that those in Charge of the Organization that are sitting in their offices need to run it like a corporation and not an organization, they need to be held responsible for their lack of oversight considering the amount of tax payers funds they recieve, but its bigger than that.
You have to know who your employing, there has to be standards. Just looking at the women on those tapes (and I'm reverse profiling here) there is NO WAY IN HELL they would be hired to clean my bathroom.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post

I expect that 60 minutes will cover it. But they usually do investigative reporting, which takes time to investigate, film and put together.

I saw it on local news, CNN, the newspaper and heard about it on NPR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies