U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,630 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Reputation: 6335

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
People like Sharpton and Jackson focused on crimes against blacks because for generations blacks had no one to forcefully speak for them. White crimes against blacks, horrendous injustice, and whites getting away with it was business as usual, par for the course, and standard operating procedure.

It's awful when anyone is a victim of crime. But this pity-party some whites are indulging in ignores the fact that since this country began, whites had someone looking after them - themselves! And a whole social system of their own. They made the laws, they enforced the laws, they delivered justice and punishment.
No one forced them to stay...if they thought America was such a racist, hatefull country, there is always Canada and Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,863,841 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalistLibertarian View Post
Actually its been proven more than once that gun control makes crime go higher because then only criminals have guns and law abiding citizens can not protect themselves.
We don't have gun control in the US. Britain, Canada and Japan have gun control. Gun control means that only law enforcement can get guns. Like I said, we don't have gun control here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Edwardsville, IL
1,815 posts, read 2,083,525 times
Reputation: 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalistLibertarian View Post
Actually its been proven more than once that gun control makes crime go higher because then only criminals have guns and law abiding citizens can not protect themselves.
Amen on that!

And back to the original post - "what do liberals have to do with nutty bullies and guns." Nowadays, instead of telling a misbehaving kid to stop acting like a brat, man up, and getting him into sports or another creative, positive outlet, the liberals say "ah, he's ADHD, Autisitc, (insert condition de rigeur here) - put him on a concoction of pills and keep him isolated!"

Angry teenagers with multiple chemicals in their system is NOT a good mix!

Remember the days when your dad or your coach would take it out of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Edwardsville, IL
1,815 posts, read 2,083,525 times
Reputation: 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
We don't have gun control in the US. Britain, Canada and Japan have gun control. Gun control means that only law enforcement can get guns. Like I said, we don't have gun control here.
Gun crime in Toronto skyrocketing....coincidence?:

TheStar.com | News | Gun crime: The bleak facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What do liberals have to do with nutty bullied kids with huge arsenals of guns? If we had gun control, there wouldn't be these mass killings using guns, now would there?
The answer is nothing.
So remind me again. How many nutty bullied kids go on a mass killing spree per year?
How many gun crimes % wise are committed by folks who obtain guns legally?
The fact is if we would crack down on these bullies and make an example of them they might not feel so inclined to be so obvious.
Society abandons these nutty bullied kids and they do what they do. Take away the gun and it will be a knife, a car or any other weapon they can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
People like Sharpton and Jackson focused on crimes against blacks because for generations blacks had no one to forcefully speak for them. White crimes against blacks, horrendous injustice, and whites getting away with it was business as usual, par for the course, and standard operating procedure.

It's awful when anyone is a victim of crime. But this pity-party some whites are indulging in ignores the fact that since this country began, whites had someone looking after them - themselves! And a whole social system of their own. They made the laws, they enforced the laws, they delivered justice and punishment.
I can agree with you to a point on your first paragraph. However that does not excuse what Sharpton and Jackson do. They don't act as advocates for their victims. They use their victims, exploit them and throw them away when finished. That's pretty low when you think about it.
The pity party thing? Did you see the video? That boy was repeatedly beaten and for no obvious reasons. The bully should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. A law probably written by whites but no less valid all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
 
507 posts, read 599,456 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No one forced them to stay...if they thought America was such a racist, hatefull country, there is always Canada and Mexico.
Oh give me a break. So instead of working to improve America during the civil rights era, people should have been expected to leave? I've read a lot of crazy stuff on this forum, but this is truly remarkable and absurd. I have relatives who grew up in a segregated south, and they went off an fought in World War II and the Korean War even though they had incredibly limited rights at home. Several of these relatives died. Were these people somehow less American because they wanted to be treated equally on their own soil? Get real. Back then America was a racist and hateful country, and I am incredibly thankful that people fought for the freedoms I have today. Seriously, I can't believe you actually wrote that garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
 
5,330 posts, read 6,120,605 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No one forced them to stay...if they thought America was such a racist, hatefull country, there is always Canada and Mexico.
It's their country, too, I'll remind you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,630 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Reputation: 6335
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Oh give me a break. So instead of working to improve America during the civil rights era, people should have been expected to leave? I've read a lot of crazy stuff on this forum, but this is truly remarkable and absurd. I have relatives who grew up in a segregated south, and they went off an fought in World War II and the Korean War even though they had incredibly limited rights at home. Several of these relatives died. Were these people somehow less American because they wanted to be treated equally on their own soil? Get real. Back then America was a racist and hateful country, and I am incredibly thankful that people fought for the freedoms I have today. Seriously, I can't believe you actually wrote that garbage.
Hey, I just responded to a ridiculous diatribe excusing bad behavoir from some race hustlers claiming they are "doin it" because od something that happened 50 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
 
5,330 posts, read 6,120,605 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I can agree with you to a point on your first paragraph. However that does not excuse what Sharpton and Jackson do. They don't act as advocates for their victims. They use their victims, exploit them and throw them away when finished. That's pretty low when you think about it.
The pity party thing? Did you see the video? That boy was repeatedly beaten and for no obvious reasons. The bully should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. A law probably written by whites but no less valid all the same.
re: the pity-party thing. As I said, it's terrible whenever anyone is a victim to criminals. It's terrible in this case, as well. Of course I agree that the perpetrators should be held accountable to the fullest extent!

But in recent years, some whites have acted like the deck is stacked against them, when they've owned the deck all along! "Why's no one advocating for us?" they whine. We (whites) have an entire system advocating for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top