Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:06 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times

Advertisements

How understanding some people want to be that there is no racial motivation here.
If it were reversed, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the Justice Department would have already have booked flights to the town and planned their protest marches and most of the media would have already run stories of how this is another example of racist white America.
This is why I oppose hate crime legislation. It is going to only be used on whites. Blacks will always be given the benefit of the doubt and have excuses made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM

200 posts, read 131,375 times
It was on lou dobbs earlier

Old 09-15-2009, 07:09 PM

103 posts, read 147,988 times
really! why would they look in to this

Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Conceptually, this leads to such memorable events as the Columbine massacre, the Virginia Tech shootings, etc.

The liberals and their soft, short-sighted complacency on children's well-being in this country are to blame for these problems.
What do liberals have to do with nutty bullied kids with huge arsenals of guns? If we had gun control, there wouldn't be these mass killings using guns, now would there?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,586 times
I don't care if these little b##tards are black, white, red, whatever. They need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for felony aggravated assault and battery. I am tired of these punk teens - of ALL colors and races - walking around acting "hard" and having absolutely no respect for their parents, teachers, elders, peers or even themselves. I graduated from high school 20 years ago and we NEVER acted like this. We may have got caught with some beer or pot, but no bullying or cowardice beating on others to prove our "manhood."
These kids are cowards and they are no better than Al-Qaeda operatives. Man up!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
How understanding some people want to be that there is no racial motivation here.
If it were reversed, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the Justice Department would have already have booked flights to the town and planned their protest marches and most of the media would have already run stories of how this is another example of racist white America.
This is why I oppose hate crime legislation. It is going to only be used on whites. Blacks will always be given the benefit of the doubt and have excuses made.
Its hard to prove that is for certain. In this case I heard no racial taunts or slurs. I saw a repeated beating and a lot of cheering. Including 1 white boy standing to the back on the left. I am not saying that it was not race motivated. I am saying that the video did not capture that aspect.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
People like Sharpton and Jackson focused on crimes against blacks because for generations blacks had no one to forcefully speak for them. White crimes against blacks, horrendous injustice, and whites getting away with it was business as usual, par for the course, and standard operating procedure.

It's awful when anyone is a victim of crime. But this pity-party some whites are indulging in ignores the fact that since this country began, whites had someone looking after them - themselves! And a whole social system of their own. They made the laws, they enforced the laws, they delivered justice and punishment.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What do liberals have to do with nutty bullied kids with huge arsenals of guns? If we had gun control, there wouldn't be these mass killings using guns, now would there?
Yeah, Gun Control is the answer, that will stop every crime in the U.S.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Yeah, Gun Control is the answer, that will stop every crime in the U.S.
It may have some impact on the number of mass shootings...............

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM

200 posts, read 131,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Actually its been proven more than once that gun control makes crime go higher because then only criminals have guns and law abiding citizens can not protect themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies