U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
 
40,168 posts, read 24,404,342 times
Reputation: 12666

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
They were few and far between compared to the majority in the sea of signs..there are always fringe elements everywhere..you should know that..look at your left wing loons..shall I search the archives for photos to refresh your memory??
My memory is fine. Not every marcher waved a sign advertising their reasons for being there, did they? So, you cannot attest to the motivations of every person there, or even of a third of the persons attending. The people interviewed on television didn't consistently offer up your reason as why they were there. In fact, more often than not, they offered up completely different reasons. So, you cannot support your assertion that the event was solely about protesting federal powers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Maine
7,728 posts, read 11,044,971 times
Reputation: 8317
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
They were few and far between compared to the majority in the sea of signs..there are always fringe elements everywhere..you should know that..look at your left wing loons..shall I search the archives for photos to refresh your memory??
However,.... Mark Williams is the Tea Party Leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
 
5,335 posts, read 6,149,236 times
Reputation: 2641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
WTF??????????
I understood it quite well and thought it was enlightening and honest.

What do you suppose they mean by "take our country back"? Who is the our who used to possess it? And take it back to what?

Take it back to a time of small government? What - pre-FDR?

No, that's not what they mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,142,934 times
Reputation: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I never said everyone of anything. The majority of people involved in this movement are white, Christian, and living in suburban and rural areas. That is simply a fact of demographics and politics (just like most liberal protests are filled with urban people from various races and young people who hold onto their idealism).

Btw - I've lived in rural areas and find it offensive that you use the phrase "country bumpkin" to describe individuals living there. You should spend some time before judging. A lot of enlightened, brilliant people you're dismissing with that phrase.
The majority of people involved in this movement are white, Christian, and living in suburban and rural areas.

And you get your facts from where...the Daily Kooks..the Scruffington Post. Were you there on Saturday??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,142,934 times
Reputation: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
My memory is fine. Not every marcher waved a sign advertising their reasons for being there, did they? So, you cannot attest to the motivations of every person there, or even of a third of the persons attending. The people interviewed on television didn't consistently offer up your reason as why they were there. In fact, more often than not, they offered up completely different reasons. So, you cannot support your assertion that the event was solely about protesting federal powers.
That is what I observed..oh by the way..since you were there..where were you sitting????? Oh thats right..you weren't there..were you..so another expert with 0 Credibility....I think perhaps you watch way too much TV....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,142,934 times
Reputation: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
However,.... Mark Williams is the Tea Party Leader.
And to get back to my original point (complete circle) CNN would like to make this a TEA Party event..or an event with one central figure..and the fact is that all of us were from different places..but we are all fed up with government and the way Congress and Obama is trying to turn us into a Socialist State...and we will not let that happen...period..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,060 posts, read 3,442,158 times
Reputation: 2107
BlueFly
Why waste your time trying to be reasonable, everthing you say is going to be taken out of context or twisted.

I sat here and watched posters of the President with a bone through his nose dressed in animal skin sitting in the dirt.

This has what to do with health care, the economy, the running of the country??

Noooo.....move along folks nothing racial here, that's just how we portray the President!!


"Obama trying to turn us into a socialist state"

I think by now anyone being honest and using their brain knows this is horse crap!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 11:58 AM
 
40,168 posts, read 24,404,342 times
Reputation: 12666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
That is what I observed..oh by the way..since you were there..where were you sitting????? Oh thats right..you weren't there..were you..so another expert with 0 Credibility....I think perhaps you watch way too much TV....
Those people being interviewed on TV, they were there, right?

Or are you saying that you wish they hadn't been there, that only the people who shared your reasons for marching had been there? But then it would have been a much smaller group of people. You can have the bread, or you can have the butter, but if you want them together, you have to concede that there were many people there for reasons beyond just protesting the accrual of federal power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,388 posts, read 11,645,012 times
Reputation: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
The majority of people involved in this movement are white, Christian, and living in suburban and rural areas.
I see, like these people right?

Flickr Photo Download: IMGP4418A (http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/3914889353/sizes/l/in/set-72157622230609689/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: DSC02638A (http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/3916094054/sizes/l/in/set-72157622230609689/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: OUTTA SIGHT!
3,023 posts, read 2,878,443 times
Reputation: 1899
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
And to get back to my original point (complete circle) CNN would like to make this a TEA Party event..or an event with one central figure..and the fact is that all of us were from different places..but we are all fed up with government and the way Congress and Obama is trying to turn us into a Socialist State...and we will not let that happen...period..
I think The Tea Party (and the forces behind it) want to make it a Tea Party Event.

Your vitriolic slogans play right into their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top