U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,409,136 times
Reputation: 2996

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Don't blame the liberal media for making this guy look like a jack***. You're talking about a small number of loonies that have ruined the protests. Ahhh, THAT GUY WAS ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE TEA PARTIES!!!

Sorry for yelling. But this interview is going to be a hard one to live down....
No one watches Anderson cooper, and what is said in panel pissing matches is typically forgotten by most Americans by the time the end of the show comes on, regardless of how hard the HuffnPuff Post tries to shove it in people's face.

As far as the liberal media, this segment is exactly what I am talking about. Do you not realize that this was set up to attack the protestor? Cooper set it up with his questions, already knowing they had located and invited one of the less civil protestors on the show. If the guy had not had the negative comments on his blog, he probably wouldn't have been invited.

On the subject of race, the liberals have no room to criticize anyone. They have been railing against old white men for years now, very openly. Then they try to take any comment they can from the right now and write articles or have news segments explaining how they can see "hidden" racism. Its not hidden racism, its the liberals and media (one in the same) trying to interject race and plant the thoughts in peoples mushy minds that people oppose Obama due to race. Fortunately, more independents are refusing to fall for this than independents going along with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,130,532 times
Reputation: 1075
No one watches Anderson cooper, and what is said in panel pissing matches is typically forgotten by most Americans by the time the end of the show comes on, regardless of how hard the HuffnPuff Post tries to shove it in people's face.

ROFLMAO.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,409,136 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
For the record - I tried having an honest conversation with wdavid002 and it was he who replied with nothing more than throw away one-liners and insults.

So, I agree with the premise, but the individual calling for it refuses to engage himself.
Hey, at least you tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,977 posts, read 15,430,064 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
No one watches Anderson cooper, and what is said in panel pissing matches is typically forgotten by most Americans by the time the end of the show comes on, regardless of how hard the HuffnPuff Post tries to shove it in people's face.

As far as the liberal media, this segment is exactly what I am talking about. Do you not realize that this was set up to attack the protestor? Cooper set it up with his questions, already knowing they had located and invited one of the less civil protestors on the show. If the guy had not had the negative comments on his blog, he probably wouldn't have been invited.

On the subject of race, the liberals have no room to criticize anyone. They have been railing against old white men for years now, very openly. Then they try to take any comment they can from the right now and write articles or have news segments explaining how they can see "hidden" racism. Its not hidden racism, its the liberals and media (one in the same) trying to interject race and plant the thoughts in peoples mushy minds that people oppose Obama due to race. Fortunately, more independents are refusing to fall for this than independents going along with it.

This wasn't just some nutjob protester. This was ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,540,066 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I used to dismiss the people who asserted that the root motivation for the tea party protests was racism, but the more I see them in action and realize that they are now outraged at the very actions for which they supported Bush, the less convinced I am of my original belief.

Of course, in our politically correct society anybody who accuses the tea party protesters of racism is automatically charged as race baiting, but when you get beyond their politically correct facade, it's hard to deny that at least a large percentage of these people are simply racists who hold to an outdated notion that this melting pot nation is supposed to be some white Christian bastion.

I guess they were just raised in a more isolated location than me, where they could establish an "us versus them" worldview. When you're raised around people from all over the world from all different religions, you naturally begin to look at the character of the individual and not their religion.
Great post, but most of the posters here just discovered the internet. Take it easy on them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why do you say that?

You made assertions that the 9/12 March was only about the federal government's usurpation of power. It was pointed out to you that there were other marchers there whose concerns were altogether different. Therefore, the 9/12 March was about multiple issues, including the birthers, including health care reform, including socialism, including tax protests. 70,000 people or thereabouts showed up to each voice their own concerns. You cannot then make an assertion that the event was only about the growth of federal power or executive power, when people attending the event didn't just come for that one reason.
What these characters seem to be complaining about always existed in this country. Really, what's new? Some of you haven't travelled outside this country enough to see, that you as an American have always thought you had the most freedom on earth.

Travel more, and you'll see you were in a Socialist country all your life. You were too busy fighting racism, Democrats vs republican battles, immigration, taxes, stress, and all the other nonsense to see what has been going on for ever in this country. Now that Obama's president, it's as if the country changed in 9 months..Get the Fk' outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
So...what you are saying is that everyone who was there on Saturday were either red necks, sheltered all their lives, from the suburbs or some country bumpkin?? Do I have that right???
I'm thinking........ You may have a point. Glad you noticed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I never said everyone of anything. The majority of people involved in this movement are white, Christian, and living in suburban and rural areas. That is simply a fact of demographics and politics (just like most liberal protests are filled with urban people from various races and young people who hold onto their idealism).
Btw - I've lived in rural areas and find it offensive that you use the phrase "country bumpkin" to describe individuals living there. You should spend some time before judging. A lot of enlightened, brilliant people you're dismissing with that phrase.
You are on target. Good Points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I understood it quite well and thought it was enlightening and honest.

What do you suppose they mean by "take our country back"? Who is the our who used to possess it? And take it back to what?

Take it back to a time of small government? What - pre-FDR?

No, that's not what they mean.
..I said the exact same things, as I watched these loonies marching..."Take our country back", from who? ..Absurdities

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I see, like these people right?

Flickr Photo Download: IMGP4418A (http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/3914889353/sizes/l/in/set-72157622230609689/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: DSC02638A (http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/3916094054/sizes/l/in/set-72157622230609689/ - broken link)

Great!!! More proof for them right there...also why are the ugly ones on the streets, always starting nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They let her contract expire about two months ago.

CNN has a track record of anti-Tea Party reporting.
They just call it what it is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
The Washington Tea Party took place on a Saturday. That's called "The Weekend" where I come from. I guess you wouldn't have realized that because liberal or Democrat protests and rallys always take place at 11:00 AM on weekdays
Hmm, You ever heard of taking the kids to the park? Or the movies? The museum?

Not taking them to a protest, and look like Mini douche bags, like mom and dad?
Always, remember this: whatever you hate, your kids will bring them home, or at least get screwed by them behind your back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,409,136 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This wasn't just some nutjob protester. This was ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT
One of, being the key words here. And the "tea party movement" is not represenative of everybody who opposes Obama, no more than "one of" their leaders is representative of everybody in their group. If he was the only leader, that would be different.

As far as the "racist in chief" comment goes, that isn't much of a stretch at all. In fact, it is pretty damned accurate. Obama is supposed to be the "post racial" president. He was supposed to be the one who helped our country take a huge leap forward from the horrible past this country has in race relations. Instead, he only backs down from supporting his racist pastor when he is backed into a corner. He goes on to win the presidency anyway. Now he has all of his liberal media supporters trying to play the race card at every turn possible. He is keeping his mouth shut as the media establishment blames all criticism on him on race. His silence is deafening. Every president who has ever taken the White House has been criticized heavily by the opposing party and their supporters. But Obama sits back and refuses to say a word while the whackjob liberals paint every Obama detractor as a racist. Everyone working to stop Obama's plans are a racist. We can't even have honest conversations while the first black president holds office because the media and liberal drones constantly turn the subject to race. He is the commander in chief, period. But as long as he turns a blind eye and a deaf ear to the absurd levels of race baiting taking place in his name, racist in chief is an accurate description as well.

Indonesian Muslim? Thats just stupid to call him. Welfare thug? Stupid also. So the guy was 1 for 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
 
11,145 posts, read 13,878,906 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
One of, being the key words here. And the "tea party movement" is not represenative of everybody who opposes Obama, no more than "one of" their leaders is representative of everybody in their group. If he was the only leader, that would be different.

As far as the "racist in chief" comment goes, that isn't much of a stretch at all. In fact, it is pretty damned accurate. Obama is supposed to be the "post racial" president. He was supposed to be the one who helped our country take a huge leap forward from the horrible past this country has in race relations. Instead, he only backs down from supporting his racist pastor when he is backed into a corner. He goes on to win the presidency anyway. Now he has all of his liberal media supporters trying to play the race card at every turn possible. He is keeping his mouth shut as the media establishment blames all criticism on him on race. His silence is deafening. Every president who has ever taken the White House has been criticized heavily by the opposing party and their supporters. But Obama sits back and refuses to say a word while the whackjob liberals paint every Obama detractor as a racist. Everyone working to stop Obama's plans are a racist. We can't even have honest conversations while the first black president holds office because the media and liberal drones constantly turn the subject to race. He is the commander in chief, period. But as long as he turns a blind eye and a deaf ear to the absurd levels of race baiting taking place in his name, racist in chief is an accurate description as well.

Indonesian Muslim? Thats just stupid to call him. Welfare thug? Stupid also. So the guy was 1 for 3.
If you don't think race is at least part of a motivating factor, then prostesters would do well for themselves if they stopped having pictures of Obama as a tribal bushman and such. They don't help your cause.

Obama represents to many people the official end of what they thought America was - which is the apple pie / country music version. Many are fighting in vain to get that back because they aren't yet ready to transition to a global society governed by all races.

It's simply a fact that a mere 40 years after blacks were treated as 2nd class citizens there remain many who still do not trust or respect them. Same thing happened to Hillary, who back in the 90s drew so much ire because she was a very strong, independent woman. That threatened many who still saw women as secondary to men.

It's just the growing pains of an evolving society and Obama's election doesn't just end all of that. It brings it to light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 03:48 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,409,136 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
If you don't think race is at least part of a motivating factor, then prostesters would do well for themselves if they stopped having pictures of Obama as a tribal bushman and such. They don't help your cause.
One person had a picture of him as a tribal bushman. And I have no idea who that person was and what THEIR cause is. It may not be the same as mine. Those with ridiculous posters are few and far between. But the media is trying to spotlight those, while ignoring others in an effort to discredit all those who would dare protest against their chosen one.


Quote:
Obama represents to many people the official end of what they thought America was - which is the apple pie / country music version. Many are fighting in vain to get that back because they aren't yet ready to transition to a global society governed by all races.
I love apple pie and country music. And cherry pie and heavy metal. And chocolate cake and jazz. I am not the least bit concerned that a black president is going to take that away. And I don't see why people are so dead set that this is about race. Have people forgotten how badly the conservatives despised Jimmy Carter, the WHITE peanut farmer from Georgia? It is about policy, not color. Sure there are a few who are going to throw color in there with the policies, but policies are at the root of the opposition for all, race only for a very small number. Again, have we forgotten how often the left rails against old white men? People on this board do it regularly. Many of them white guilters, but most minorites who have been trained by the left to see white people who oppose their views as racists.

Quote:
It's simply a fact that a mere 40 years after blacks were treated as 2nd class citizens there remain many who still do not trust or respect them. Same thing happened to Hillary, who back in the 90s drew so much ire because she was a very strong, independent woman. That threatened many who still saw women as secondary to men.
People didn't want McCain elected because he was just another old white guy. You have no problem with that? Women and men alike from the left relentlessly made hateful and venemous attacks on Sarah Palin saying that she did not represent women. Why? Because they think women who do not hold liberal views do not count. Wow, sounds kind of like sexists you speak of not liking Hillary. You have no problem with that either?


Quote:
It's just the growing pains of an evolving society and Obama's election doesn't just end all of that. It brings it to light.
The funny thing is that a large number of Republicans wanted Condaleeza to run for president. Holy smokes! A BLACK WOMAN!!! But she declined because she wanted to get out of the public spotlight. Again, for an overwhelming number of Republicans, choosing a president is about policy and has NOTHING to do with race. Trying to magnify the small group of racist idiots and pretend that they represent the majority is nothing short of deceitful, but that is what the mainstream media does every single day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 PM
 
36 posts, read 62,101 times
Reputation: 37
Why are people who peaceably march referred to as "loonies" here? I'm sure you will be surprised to know that until a couple years ago I was a registered Democrat as well as my whole family voting Democrat until this election where after being disgusted with Bush and seeing the writing on the wall with Obama, we didn't fail to separate ourselves from this party.

Everyone except me and my in laws went to this march and I can tell you that just like at some of the town halls there are LOTS of DEMOCRATS attending. That's right, democrats are making up a large demographic so if you are one and have been thinking that something doesn't seem right with the way things have gone, for a long time, come on in, you'll be welcomed like I was and you'll find people just like yourself that is if you are ready to stop the fighting and the segregation between parties and just get into independent thinking.

The media is the citizenry's main enemy. They twist and distort and create the spectacle they want you to see. It doesn't matter if it is Fox, CNN et al - they are all the same serpent, different head.

Glenn Beck is just one example of a mouthpiece that uses "rightwing" speak helping to create the LEFT vs. RIGHT paradigm.

When the people of our nation STOP calling each other names and begin listening for what's IN BETWEEN the silence and the noise, that's where you will find truth.

Otherwise, Andersen Cooper, Chris Matthews, Bill O'reilly, Hannity, Beck and all the others will continue the assault on one anothers "parties" and when something is TRULY agregious and both sides SHOULD be coming together, they miss it. They miss every opportunity and instead go after the petty antics of this person or that. Who suffers? We all do. We take sides and forget that we aren't tiny little nothings in the large scheme of things...but that's exactly what they and our two party gov't want us to believe.

The democratic party got real good at bullying and turning a blind eye to the problems in its own party and the republicans lost their way a long time ago. I will never vote for another Democrat or a Republican as long as ship is being run by the corp media that refuses to report the WHOLE TRUTH OR TO BE UNBIAS.

If you expect the "left or the right' sided media to tell you the truth or to be your mouthpiece then you deserve what you get - spoon fed lies and a future that doesn't bode well for you or your offsprings, offspring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 PM
 
32,097 posts, read 16,499,288 times
Reputation: 17204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
One person had a picture of him as a tribal bushman. And I have no idea who that person was and what THEIR cause is. It may not be the same as mine.
See, here's the problem. On one hand, the protesters insist that they be taken seriously due to their numbers. On the other hand, you're busy disowning not only several groups that we should consider non-representative "fringe", but also one of the main organizers of the entire shebang.

Your movement got my attention, and now it seems like you haven't gone to the trouble of figuring out what it was you wanted to say. There is zero coherent message, except that you don't like the outcome of the latest election. A concern that I have now filed under the category "Too Bad".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top