U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:01 PM

24,839 posts, read 29,977,838 times

Advertisements

A) why would it be any harder for illegals to buy PRIVATE insurance?
B) if they are here illegally, and not too concerned about having broken the law in that manner, then why would they be concerned about breaking a law requiring them to have health insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 03:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 13,070,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You are against the free market now? If they are here, it's better that they purchase insurance, better for insurance companies and better for the health care system.
I bet most insurance companies don't care where you come from, as long as you can fatten their coffers.
I am sure they don't care because illegals are more likely to die on the job so they will probably try to collect all the money they can from the illegals, deny a bunch of medical claims, and sit back and look at all the money they collected from them before they died.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:10 PM

640 posts, read 1,546,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Lighten up! I responded to a 'send them all back' post.

My ancestors are from Mexico, Ireland, Spain and Italy. The last three all having immigrated to Mexico. 4 or 5 generations ago, Texas annexed the part of Mexico where my ancestors lived and owned land. Wonder where I should 'go back to'?

The racial make up of the Dominican Republic is 90% black and mulatto. Why do you consider yourself Hispanic and not black? Just asking.

Because I do not look like a black person and black people would balk at me if I identified as Black. And even then, why does it matter? Thanks for the ignorance (and underlying racism) though. The DR is not 90% black, though many Dominicans are black. It's interesting how you instantly parade your European ancestry though. My great grandfather was a Sephardic Jew and my grand parents are from Basque country (San Sebastian) in Spain, but I do not feel like I need to QUALIFY myself in order to be seen as Hispanic and not anything else. Nor does having more Euro blood make you any better than say, a black Dominican. Most of the time, most people think I'm Brazillian or Argentian or something.

And FYI,Hispanic is an ethnic, not a racial term. You can be any race and be Hispanic.

If you are not an illegal immigrant, than obviously you do not have to go back to anywhere. Find something else be fake offended by.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:17 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Because I do not look like a black person and black people would balk at me if I identified as Black. And even then, why does it matter? Thanks for the ignorance (and underlying racism) though. The DR is not 90% black, though many Dominicans are black. It's interesting how you instantly parade your European ancestry though. My great grandfather was a Sephardic Jew and my grand parents are from Basque country (San Sebastian) in Spain, but I do not feel like I need to QUALIFY myself in order to be seen as Hispanic and not anything else. Nor does having more Euro blood make you any better than say, a black Dominican. Most of the time, most people think I'm Brazillian or Argentian or something.

And FYI,Hispanic is an ethnic, not a racial term. You can be any race and be Hispanic.

If you are not an illegal immigrant, than obviously you do not have to go back to anywhere. Find something else be fake offended by.
I hit a nerve, sorry. BTW, I'm not offended by anything you posted. Nor am I ashamed of any part of who I am. I'm not the one who identified herself as 'hispanic', I was just wondering why you did. When an old man asked me what I was, I told him I was a woman.

You can post more of your 'offended sensibilities' here, Dominicans Struggle With Blackness

Last edited by Siouxcia; 09-15-2009 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 09-15-2009, 04:13 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,951,915 times
Quote:
It's time to live in 2009, not 1492. Grow up.

I'm Hispanic. My parents are from the Dominican Republic and they have paid alot of money and have gone through ALOT to be here. And they did all using legal resources and avenues. These (illegal) immigrants can do it too. They need to go to the end of the line the same way my parents, my two uncles and my cousin did. They dont get a free pass just because they're Mexican. SORRY. America was not meant to be a charity organization for Mexico.
Liberals have no respect for the laws or respect for the people that come here respecting our laws. All these illegal immigrants are a drag on the process for the people who play by the rules.

You would think the brain dead on the left would consider there is no country to go back to if they were born here nor will they ever answer that little bit of elementary thought.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting..

Send everyone back where they came from and then the only ones still here will be Native Americans and latinos.....

So brainiac, just what country would you send all these people to that have been born here for generations? Who gets to pick or would they throw a dart at a map?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:21 PM

640 posts, read 1,546,848 times
Quote:
I hit a nerve, sorry. BTW, I'm not offended by anything you posted. Nor am I ashamed of any part of who I am. I'm not the one who identified herself as 'hispanic', I was just wondering why you did. When an old man asked me what I was, I told him I was a woman.

You can post more of your 'offended sensibilities' here, Dominicans Struggle With Blackness
Your fake naivete needs work. I have already posted on that thread. Dominicans do come from a Spanish speaking country that has roots in Spanish colonialism, hence they are part of Latin America- though that seems to make you scratch your head for some reason, possibly due to a superiority complex and not wanting to be associated with black people even if they are Latino? I think yes. I address that hypocritical racist attitude in my other post as well.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,319,233 times
because its only mexicans doing this?

oh man little girl you really need to open your eyes and not speak in generalizations.

illegal does not equal mexican.

Quote:
It's time to live in 2009, not 1492. Grow up.

I'm Hispanic. My parents are from the Dominican Republic and they have paid alot of money and have gone through ALOT to be here. And they did all using legal resources and avenues. These (illegal) immigrants can do it too. They need to go to the end of the line the same way my parents, my two uncles and my cousin did. They dont get a free pass just because they're Mexican. SORRY. America was not meant to be a charity organization for Mexico.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:25 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,176,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Liberals have no respect for the laws or respect for the people that come here respecting our laws. All these illegal immigrants are a drag on the process for the people who play by the rules.

You would think the brain dead on the left would consider there is no country to go back to if they were born here nor will they ever answer that little bit of elementary thought.
Not all 'liberals' support amnesty for illegals, nor are we 'brain dead'. Does saying that make you feel better about yourself?

This 'liberal' has always been very vocal against amnesty and very vocal against the 'anchor baby' situation.

And as far as not respecting the laws of this land (plural), could you please present examples?

Thank you.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Not all 'liberals' support amnesty for illegals, nor are we 'brain dead'. Does saying that make you feel better about yourself?

This 'liberal' has always been very vocal against amnesty and very vocal against the 'anchor baby' situation.

And as far as not respecting the laws of this land (plural), could you please present examples?

Thank you.
Well it is clear you are not up on who has consistantly supported and promoted illegal immigration and anchor babies the most, liberals/Democrats. Do a little research on voting records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies