U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 PM

62,638 posts, read 34,149,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sorry, no. The CRS, Congress's own legal analysis service, disagrees with you. Illegal resident aliens will be required to obtain health insurance (one of the reforms), and there is no mechanism for identifying who is or is not eligible to receive public subsidies to purchase the insurance. Why is that? The Dems voted down the citizen verification requirement - the same verification requirement that exists for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.

The citizen verification amendment:
http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Heller_Amdt_Text.pdf
The vote - all Republicans voted for citizen verification; all Democrats voted against citizen verification:
House Committee on Ways & Means
The members:
Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives :

Other healthcare bill amendments the Dems voted down:
House Committee on Ways & Means - Republican

Well, HR3200 will make it illegal to fork out federal money to illegals. You should be happy about it. I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 PM

66,239 posts, read 30,153,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Sec. 246. No Federal payment for undocumented aliens.

This is one version of the bill. July 14, 2009.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/aahca.pdf (broken link)
You fail. That is the exact same wording that Congress's CRS indicates as the problem - it doesn't require citizen verification. As such, it is meaningless.

Quote:
I will no longer do YOUR homework for you, next time, instead of insulting someones knowledge, check the facts first, and turn off faux news and glen beck.
Take your own advice. You have failed to provide any facts that support your claim. AGAIN, because you seem to have a reading comprehension problem - post any healthcare bill that included a citizen verification requirement as of September 9th, 2009. And for your information, 'faux news and glen beck' (your own words) have nothing to do with it. I'm citing Congress's own CRS legal analysis - read and learn:
http://ryanjames.us/HR3200NonCitizen.pdf (broken link)

Quote:
I'm waiting to see if Wilson is censured for his outburst.
I'm waiting to see if you can understand plain English - post proof of your claim.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, HR3200 will make it illegal to fork out federal money to illegals. You should be happy about it. I am.
How is it determined who is legal and who is illegal? OOPS! No provision for that in HR3200, hence Congress's CRS's criticism:

Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,868,412 times
Quote:
You fail. That is the exact same wording that Congress's CRS indicates as the problem - it doesn't require citizen verification. As such, it is meaningless.

Take your own advice. You have failed to provide any facts that support your claim. AGAIN, because you seem to have a reading comprehension problem - post any healthcare bill that included a citizen verification requirement as of September 9th, 2009. And for your information, 'faux news and glen beck' (your own words) have nothing to do with it. I'm citing Congress's own CRS legal analysis - read and learn:

I'm waiting to see if you can understand plain English - post proof of your claim.
ok. We'll see if any bill gets passed, and if it does without federal payments or health care assistance to undocumented (illegals), I, as well as others will surely be awaiting your reply to the thread, admitting you and Wilson were wrong.

I can see there is no convincing you. I gave you a link, and gave you the date and section number, but, you still don't get it.

One thing though, wording of many bills of similarity will be nearly the same or exact, the revisions are added, and when the final bill passes, the congress will tell Americans which version passed. You asked for a bill before baucus produced his, and you're still not happy, you're saying it is the same.

Who cares about CRS? not I. but, some people are enfatuated with the website.

In essence, you're in the same boat as Wilson, calling the President a liar, which he clearly is not.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
How is it determined who is legal and who is illegal? OOPS! No provision for that in HR3200, hence Congress's CRS's criticism:
Maybe YOU should go to DC and help them write bills, since you're so intelligent? No provisions for defining an illegal, get real man. You're reading too much CRS crap. They don't have it correct by a long shot. I used to know what CRS meant, I'll have to refer to the urban dictionary, I guess.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM

7,342 posts, read 7,116,715 times
Quote:

In essence, you're in the same boat as Wilson, calling the President a liar, which he clearly is not.
But Joe Wilson is. A liar, that is.

Did Joe Wilson Lie About Having Been An Immigration Lawyer? | TPMMuckraker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wilson

We need to be discussing issues specifically to help the American people. And that would not include illegal aliens, these are people-- I'm for immigration, legal immigration, I've been an immigration attorney. But people who have come to our country and violated laws, we should not be providing full health care services.
. . .

One lawyer from Wilson's home county of Lexington -- who said he has known Wilson personally since 1985 and described himself as very familiar with Wilson's law practice -- declared flatly to TPMmuckraker: "Joe has never been anything but a real-estate attorney."

. . .

AILA [American Immigration Lawyers Association] spokesman George Tzamaras confirms to TPMmuckraker that, according to an extensive search of the group's membership database, no one from South Carolina by the name Joe Wilson or Addison Wilson has ever been a member.
Well, well.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
ok. We'll see if any bill gets passed, and if it does without federal payments or health care assistance to undocumented (illegals), I, as well as others will surely be awaiting your reply to the thread, admitting you and Wilson were wrong.
Note that the citizen verification requirement was added to the Baucus bill AFTER Joe Wilson correctly stated that Obama lied:
Can Obama Woo Skeptics After Health-Care-Reform Speech? - TIME
Baucus Health Plan Takes Harder Line On Illegal Immigration - Swampland - TIME.com

Quote:
I can see there is no convincing you. I gave you a link, and gave you the date and section number, but, you still don't get it.
It's you that doesn't get it. Words, on their own, are meaningless. If all it took were words, we wouldn't have 10+ million illegal immigrants in our country because, hey, the law says no one can enter the country illegally.

Quote:
One thing though, wording of many bills of similarity will be nearly the same or exact, the revisions are added, and when the final bill passes, the congress will tell Americans which version passed. You asked for a bill before baucus produced his, and you're still not happy, you're saying it is the same.
The point of contention in this thread is Joe Wilson's statement that Obama lied. It's true - Obama did lie. The CRS's legal analysis confirms this. The action taken on the Baucus bill after Joe Wilson's statement further confirms this.

Quote:
Who cares about CRS? not I. but, some people are enfatuated with the website.
You don't care because it proves you wrong by proving Obama a liar. Congress cares because it's their legal analysis service.

Quote:
Yes, Obama is a liar in this case. That's been established by Congress's own legal analysis service.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Maybe YOU should go to DC and help them write bills, since you're so intelligent?
What kind of crap is that? All I did was what anyone can do, including you if you had wanted to learn enough about the issue to make informed comments. I read the Congressional Research Service's legal analysis to understand exactly how illegal immigrants would fare under HR 3200.

Quote:
No provisions for defining an illegal, get real man. You're reading too much CRS crap. They don't have it correct by a long shot. I used to know what CRS meant, I'll have to refer to the urban dictionary, I guess.
And your qualifications for asserting the Congressional Research Service 'don't have it correct by a long shot' are what?

Old 09-17-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Now those are some interesting tidbits! Add 1 for you baby!

Old 09-17-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
What kind of crap is that? All I did was what anyone can do, including you if you had wanted to learn enough about the issue to make informed comments. I read the Congressional Research Service's legal analysis to understand exactly how illegal immigrants would fare under HR 3200.

And your qualifications for asserting the Congressional Research Service 'don't have it correct by a long shot' are what?
I see how a person can hijack a thread by changing the topic. This all was supposed to be about the rebuke of Wilson, and has spiraled out of control into illegal immigration, CRS, and which HR3200 bill we choose to discuss.

Let's not distort the facts, which you've tried to do over and over.

The fact of the matter is that Wilson exercised his right to freedom of speech, however inappropriate he was, he was still incorrect and out of place in doing so, and, wrong to boot. I have given links to the bill's text about Federal payments. If Wilson would have read the bill himself, maybe he wouldn't have been such an embarrassment to the republican party.

We're not posting here to define illegal immigration, we all know what that means, and we all who can read, know what the bill states, so, President Obama is not a liar after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies