U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,142,102 times
Reputation: 1076

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Once again, how does pointing out another's racist comments make someone a racist? Are you suggesting that simply stating the fact that the man who made those racist comments spoke to 75,000 white people over the weekend constitutes racism? If so, you need to recheck the definition of racism that I posted up above.
You claim 75k white people..and yet you were not even there..where do you get your facts from..the daily kooks..or the scruffington post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:50 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,478 posts, read 13,872,807 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
All you have to see are the many posters painted of him in blackface which has nothing to do with any issue, and you know it reeks of racism.
Not to mention all the threads that have been started & all the users who posted on those threads regarding such big ticket items as: the president isn't wearing a suit jacket in the Oval Office!!!! Michelle touched the Queen's back!!!! I can't believe the gift the Obama's gave the Queen, how trashy!!!! Look at those pictures of Michelle in the vegetable garden, what a camera w*ore!!! Look at Michelle's arms, she's a man!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at Michelle's face, could she be more ugly???????? And the list goes on & on. Yep, those sure are newsworthy topics, don't you think? Has everything to do w/his presidency & his "ideas" & "views", doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,110 posts, read 8,122,317 times
Reputation: 5160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
You claim 75k white people..and yet you were not even there..where do you get your facts from..the daily kooks..or the scruffington post

You can always tell the people who have nothing to say. They just make up silly school yard names and thing that substitutes for intelligent conversation. Probably gets big laughs from the boys at the bar but people who actually think just roll their eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,059 posts, read 3,892,772 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
You claim 75k white people..and yet you were not even there..where do you get your facts from..the daily kooks..or the scruffington post
I claim nothing. I took the figure from the poster you quoted.

Besides, what does being there have anything to do with estimating numbers? The people in the crowd were likely the least able to see how many people were -- or weren't -- there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
815 posts, read 1,843,065 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I think those groups you mentioned, tea party, birthers, etc., are fighting so hard now because they do, in fact, see "their power" slipping away. How far they will go is anybody's guess, IMO. However, I agree with you, that in the end they will have to change with the changing times. "White Men" are starting a long journey now toward no longer being the dominant power in the U.S.

I agree, thats why I dont get mad at all the ignorance floating around these days, because I know that it is all an act of desperation on their part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,510,112 times
Reputation: 2569
This is ridiculous.
Of course theres people that dislike him because he's black. Just like theres people who hated Bush simply because he is white. The fact is he was elected & that puts as much meaning in Carters words as meaning to his presidency, not much. I hope Obama turns out to be the best of the best, but he sure is off to a poor start. From all apearances the man is as clueless as Carter was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
985 posts, read 2,592,154 times
Reputation: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
70000 white folks showed up. That is hardly "the American people not buying the liberal agenda." That is a few hundred cynical people with a financial interest in seeing health insurance reform fail and a few hundred republicans who have a vested interest in seeing this administration fail, pulling the strings of some sheep to get them to jump to their tune. Now, many of those sheep carried signs and said things that showed clearly that their "cause" was purely racist. Others got caught up with the rhetoric of those pulling the strings and truly believe that having health care for all will somehow destroy the U.S. Others have their own axe to grind. Some are just nuts. And probably some just wanted a trip to D.C. But they surely do not represent ALL of America....or even a big slice of it.
Our country is changing..not for the better..it started a long time ago. The far left liberals or progressives want the change, they think all this is good..
Bail outs, universal health care, open borders, they are not real crazy about our constitution and what our country stands for etc.
Who and what you see at the town halls and washington are americans who want it to stop...bring our country back to what our founding fathers invisioned America to be. They are not racist or sheep...They are Americans. That group is getting bigger and bigger....I hope and pray America wins....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 PM
 
27,903 posts, read 34,473,849 times
Reputation: 4031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Joe Wilson is more than just a "republican congressman." He is a lifelong Southern man, from an old Southern family. He is/was also a partner in a law firm. A member of Sons of Confederate Veterans......he has a history of at least growing up in the "racist South"....South Carolina no less (no offense cuebald) ......I'll bet when he was a child he saw lots of "colored" and "white" signs posted above water fountains, etc. Of course he must have felt "entitled" to shout out "You lie" to a black man speaking to Congress! He let down his guard for a minute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Wilson_(U.S._politician)
Quote:
CRS Report for Congress
Prepared for Members and Committees of Congress


H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens participating in the Exchange—whether the noncitizens are legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently. Nonetheless, only aliens who could be classified as resident aliens would be required under the bill to have health insurance.
http://www.cis.org/articles/2009/CRS..._on_HR3200.pdf

Why does it seem like the people pushing hardest on the "they're racist" kick are all whites...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:06 PM
 
3,854 posts, read 3,746,373 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
http://www.cis.org/articles/2009/CRS..._on_HR3200.pdf

Why does it seem like the people pushing hardest on the "they're racist" kick are all whites...
So? What does that mean to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
985 posts, read 2,592,154 times
Reputation: 824
If the president was a Black republican.....and all the liberals hated his policies..would they be called racist?? Just wondering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top