U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 PM

30,471 posts, read 20,119,330 times

Advertisements

Someone should tell Carter to never start a sentence with "I think..."

We decided how we felt about what Carter thinks in 1980.

For those of you too young to remember 1980...

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

His VP (Mondale) ran in 1984.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 PM

480 posts, read 778,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
It's obvious that in order for people to continue to say race has no bearing on the current behavior of these "patriots" you have to demonize anyone who states what is becoming more and more obvious by the day.

It was the same when Colin Powell endorsed Obama, Powell laid out his reasoning and stated that it was not because Obama was black.
Overnight his total record of service to this country was dismissed and the likes of Hannity concluded that it could only be because of race.

Now Jimmy Carter, an honorable man will have his service to this nation minimized because people want to maintain the illusion that race is not a part of this whole orchestrated move to undermine this President.

If you say that race is part of this whole campaign the immediate response from the right will be, " well golly you said racism is at play so that automatically makes you a racist"!!

The only people who don't want to recognize it for what it is are those who lie to themselves or "go along to get along" with their fellow "patriots"
Wish I'd have written this. Excellent post! Would rep you more if I could.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,238,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I will repeat what I have said before, if those of us who do not like him or trust him do approve of wonderful men like J.C. Watts and supreme court justice Thomas what does that make us? Are you saying we only hate people who are part black???

Nita
Yeah, J. C. Watts. Now there is the man that I have always wanted for the first black President. Maybe he could be the second one in 2013.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM

10,311 posts, read 11,232,767 times
There is no way that you people who are denying that many of the attacks on Obama are racist can really believe it.

Or how do you explain this:

file:///C:/Users/Jack/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg (broken link)http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obama-racist-latest.jpg

Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM

30,471 posts, read 20,119,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
It's hard for me to imagine how someone could not admire and respect former President Carter. How many ex-presidents have spent their time in service they way he has? Maybe you aren't old enough to remember what it was like to discover that your president was a crook (Nixon) but he did a tremendous service to this country in restoring respect for the office of the Presidency. Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful organization that has helped many, many people. I could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.

Oh no, please go on. We would all love to hear about how he is in bed with HAMAS and takes a big dump all over America every chance he gets.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 PM

28,218 posts, read 47,632,920 times
Post Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

ATLANTA Former President Jimmy Carter said Tuesday that U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst to President Barack Obama during a speech to Congress last week was an act "based on racism" and rooted in fears of a black president.

"I think it's based on racism," Carter said in response to an audience question at a town hall held at his presidential center in Atlanta.

Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism' - Yahoo! News

Old 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM

4,276 posts, read 7,154,563 times
Too bad this thread has declined into name calling. There is plenty of evidence to use in support.

For the record, during his term and forever after I considered Jimmuh a commie-loving worm who was always on the wrong side of freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Of course he does. Its the rally cry of the Left these days.
Racist, the new Boy Who Cried Wolf. So much for reasoned debate...

When caught with your hand in the till, it's obviously a racist who caught you. Racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Same Carter who failed completely as a president, hates Jews and Israel, and seems to support Chavez? That Carter? Only racist are the ones Obama surrounded himself with over the years.
BHO has done nothing but play the race card and work hard on a daily basis to divide and conquer, starting with his rude and uncouth inaugural speech.

Remember his snap reaction to his Harvard buddy's arrest?

So where's he been on this ACORN scandal? Hiding behind a mighty oak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The fact still reamins that the majority of those protesting and pontificating about the evils of Obama can not believe that we see through the (badly) veiled attempts to pretend that their hatred towards Obama is based in truth.

If those who oppose Obama spoke in rational and coherent sentences, then maybe their "concerns" would not seem so trivial. The gross exaggerations, the grandstanding, the nasty racially based attacks - most people can see what the real motivations of these people happens to be and are calling them out.

If you are a racist, Obama hater - just own it. Own what you are because the world already knows it.
Hmm, Keith Olberman/Chris Mathews fan, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have to agree.....until I saw the disgusting rudeness on display this past week with regard to a current President and an uncouth Congressman.

The view that some of these misguided souls(the tea baggers, the birthers, the Obama's a Muslim crowd, etc.) hold are very concerning for the future of our nation. If they don't agree with something they automatically have a meltdown into verbal anarchy.
As for Joe Wilson, he was right. Any honest person knows that the big push from both sides in DC is for "Immigration Reform," which if you will recall would have certified 20 million illegals. The useful idiot McCain was part of this conspiracy.

This IRS/declining medical care/national snooping act they humorously call the "health care" bill will curtail our freedoms as never before.

Let's see, Murtha calls our troops cowards and murderers, Durbin does the same, Nancy P calls American citizens, her bosses by the way, Nazis, movies are made regarding Bush's assassination, Rom Imanuel who looks and acts like a mobster calls Americans speaking their concerns a mob, yes I can see that all the vitriol comes from Americans who believe in the constitution and are not happy with a communist-loving president. How very odd.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,148,201 times
I think Carter needs to take his liver pills, go pick some peanuts, and leave politics alone. Its not like he was any good at it himself.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,238,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I think Carter needs to take his liver pills, go pick some peanuts, and leave politics alone. Its not like he was any good at it himself.
Carter calls Wilson a racist but his attitude toward Jews is at least as racist as he can stick on anybody else. It is a shame that he said that but then all these lefty Democrats here all of a sudden think more of him than anybody has for years.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM

11,127 posts, read 12,684,122 times
Folks need to calm down a bit, take a chill pill, breath deep, mellow.... Because once the flame war starts, I can delete all that effort with just a click.

Remember, discuss THE TOPIC and do not make it about each other. Is this really so hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies