U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 11:58 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,907,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So when you disagree with Obama, you are not doing so because you are a racist. When other people disagree with Obama, they are doing so because they are racists. Thanks for breaking that one down for us justNancy. I wish you were always around to tell us what people really mean.
No. There are plenty of people I've come across and see, who disagree with Obama. It is the immature who can't hide behind their real self though, that get caught. They also happen to be the most vocal ones and likely a fringe group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Hall of Shame (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/sets/72157622225019439/show/ - broken link)

I must say I have seen FAR worse at liberal protest with the addition of property damage. The only one I found really objectional was the one about Kennedy.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:37 AM

14,269 posts, read 15,915,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I must say I have seen FAR worse at liberal protest with the addition of property damage.
I hope the people weren't as stupid. Seriously, a few months ago I asked one man why he hated Obama so much and he said "I lost my job because of that Nazi." Calling a Black man a Nazi is asinine anyway, but I felt badly and said "Aw, that's too bad. How long have you been unemployed?"

"Over 10 months."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The only one I found really objectional was the one about Kennedy.
Kennedy fought very hard for the working class. Republicans didn't want the minimum wage increased and he asked them "What is it about working men and women that you find so offensive?" Republicans also fought against Johnson when he passed Medicare, yet many of the protesters looked over 65 to me. I wonder if they'd give up their Social Security checks too? One of the funniest videos I've seen lately was on the Rachel Maddow show.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDzA7nChB4[/url]

Old 09-16-2009, 01:11 AM

21,483 posts, read 13,696,391 times
http://pajamasmedia.com/vodkapundit/...CR20090912.jpg

Old 09-16-2009, 01:19 AM

21,483 posts, read 13,696,391 times
Let them eat Advil??? I thought that was Obama's line. LOL

Old 09-16-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I hope the people weren't as stupid. Seriously, a few months ago I asked one man why he hated Obama so much and he said "I lost my job because of that Nazi." Calling a Black man a Nazi is asinine anyway, but I felt badly and said "Aw, that's too bad. How long have you been unemployed?"

"Over 10 months."

Kennedy fought very hard for the working class. Republicans didn't want the minimum wage increased and he asked them "What is it about working men and women that you find so offensive?" Republicans also fought against Johnson when he passed Medicare, yet many of the protesters looked over 65 to me. I wonder if they'd give up their Social Security checks too? One of the funniest videos I've seen lately was on the Rachel Maddow show.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow: "Billionaires For Wealthcare" At Washington Protest

I have seen just as many stupid people interviewed on the left. Many knew nothing about obama or his position on issues but said they voted for him because he was black or cute. It happens.

hussein obama and Reid tried to USE Kennedy's death for the health care bill. That had to come right from the gutter. That is why some protesters linked obamacare and Kennedy together which in reality should not be objectional.

I would watch your video of Maddow show but I do not watch confused women who think they are a man. I have my principles.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Actually, what Kanye West did could be considered racist. (I just think he's just a self-absorbed jerk.) He picked on a 19 year old White girl to shout that a Black performer was better. No matter what his motive was, he didn't tell people to pray for Taylor Swift's death or show up with a gun strapped to his leg. He didn't spread lies and tell the crowd that Taylor's songs had subliminal messages to kill your babies and your grandparents or that illegal immigrants were going to get her CDs for free.

What's ironic about the Hitler signs is that his opponents are acting like Hitler, not Obama. Think about it. They are rallying people together and using fear tactics, lies and hatred to unite them.

Hmm it was a black man that showed up ata rally with a gun strapped to his leg. Kanye West is a racist and a cad. It is hussein obama, his criminal racist administration the left that are using fear tactics, lies, race baiting and hatred to try to destroy this country.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:34 AM

4,687 posts, read 5,539,153 times
That race is a part of the protest against the President is clear - just look at the signs and listen to the comments. That race would be used by some critics of the President was expected even before he took office - it was inevitable, given that he is the first person of color to occupy that office.

Anyone old enough to remember JFK's Presidential campaign knows that the first Catholic to be elected President faced the same kind of ignorant prejudice, only it was religion and not race with Kennedy. I remember people saying that he would talk his marching orders from the Vatican. That was nothing other than hate born of fear, just like the racism we see directed against the President today.

The funny/sad aspect of all this is that the people who speak up against the racism shown the President are themselves called racists. When a person calls the fire department to report a fire, does that mean that person is an arsonist?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 AM

3,151 posts, read 3,140,799 times
Blaming peoples opposition to Obama on race is a copout, diversion and divisive (oh does that word sound familiar??) Of course there is racism and there are racists, but you can't paint the opposition with a broad brush. We have so many reasons to choose from...

Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,867,138 times
What a joke. News flash: nobody cares about the color of Obama's skin. I don't like his politics, I don't care if he's black, red, white, green, yellow, or mauve. 99.9% of people who do not like Obama feel that way only because of his politics. I'm sure there are neo-nazi and white supremacist groups that hate him because of his color, but that is not why the average person dislikes him.

The race card is getting old. Is it not possible to dislike Obama without being a racist? So everyone either needs to be an Obama fan or else they're a racist? Ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies