U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 AM

3,151 posts, read 3,140,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Carter's right.
Carter has never been right in his life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,787,113 times
Jimmy Carter, with his background of antisemitism, shouldn't be calling anyone racist. He's fallen back on the old tired dem strategy of using the race card when nothing else works. He's still trying to be relevant in spite of his disastrous administration and seems to think an action is only racist when it's against blacks.

Ted Kennedy didn't work hard for the working class - he worked hard to give himself job security. He played to people's weaknesses and worked to make them dependent little slaves of big government. As such, the "gimme more" mentality would and did reelect him time and time again. Minimum wage laws were a factor in jobs being lost and sent overseas.

It's not racist to be critical of Obama's vast naivete, inexperience and incompetence. It's not racist to point out the radical lunatics of all races that he surrounds himself with or his own extremely radical agenda. Color be damned, this is a man that is dangerously destructive for America.

Being called a racist is a small price to pay for speaking out against him. Being politically correct won't preserve the Constitution and keep us free.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 AM

756 posts, read 1,715,380 times
I am so disappointed in Jimmy Carter. He use to be someone I looked up to and I even have a picture of him working on a HabforHum house in my office to remind me that even someone that was seen as one of the worst presidents can also become one of the best statesmen, and inspirational.

Now, this statement, along with him telling how many Nuclear devices different countries possess, is making me embarassed to like him - even as a statesman. He should stay out of the media because every time he opens his mouth now days, he loses a bit of the reputation he took so long to rebuild.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 AM

20,357 posts, read 13,883,820 times
Far from 0bama heralding in the era of post racism, he and his party have used his racial heritage as an excuse to bludgeon all of his political opponents as racists.

Even when their was no racism to decry, 0bama would make it up, and bludgeon his opponents with it anyway, he would lie. All during the campaign, speech after speech, 0bama would accuse Sen. McCain or the RNC of being racists. 0bama would whine and moan about racist campaign ads, even though there never were any racist ads,

0bama made multiple speeches blasting McCain for racist campaing ads that 0bama said he thought McCain would run. 0bama even went so far as to describe these imaginary ads, just to play the victim of mean old racists. How pathetic!

Quote:
"We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid. They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?"
Quote:
"Nobody thinks that Bush or McCain have a real answer for the challenges we face. So what they are going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama warned a crowd in Springfield this morning. "You know, he's not patriotic enough. He's got a funny name. You know, he doesn't look like all of those other presidents on the dollar bills."
In the olden days, conservatives would vehemently opposed bloated, expensive government legislation based on maintaining their principles of a less intrusive, less powerful federal government. Now that 0bama is president, those same people who opposed bloated legislation during Clinton's and Bush's presidencies, only oppose the same type of legislation today because the person who would sign them into law is black?

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on those statements by FDR where he blamed those people who brought opposition to his policies were doing so out of bigotry over his physical disability.

0bama is going to go down in history as the poster child of the type of person we never want to elect as president.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:16 AM

1,731 posts, read 2,301,852 times
Lightbulb And A 'Well Said' To You, Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
That race is a part of the protest against the President is clear - just look at the signs and listen to the comments. That race would be used by some critics of the President was expected even before he took office - it was inevitable, given that he is the first person of color to occupy that office.

Anyone old enough to remember JFK's Presidential campaign knows that the first Catholic to be elected President faced the same kind of ignorant prejudice, only it was religion and not race with Kennedy. I remember people saying that he would talk his marching orders from the Vatican. That was nothing other than hate born of fear, just like the racism we see directed against the President today.

The funny/sad aspect of all this is that the people who speak up against the racism shown the President are themselves called racists. When a person calls the fire department to report a fire, does that mean that person is an arsonist?
First off...I really don't think that EVERYONE who disagrees with the President is, or should be labeled as, a racist...that's just wrong, right out of the box...but what gets my blood boiling is to see some of the posts in this particular thread today...

I am a firm believer in freedom of speech (for those Constitution-scorecard keepers out there)...ergo, even though I thought what Rep. Wilson did was out of line and deplorable, this is STILL the United States Of America, not some 3rd world dictatorship, and he had the right to speak his mind...as did Pres. Carter, and of course, as does everyone here on City-Data...

If someone uses the word racist against someone else, then the person who was 'called' has the right to defend themselves, correct? I see a lot of that happening lately, not just here on City-Data, but out in the offline world as well...and now, Pres. Carter's remarks have seemingly opened up yet another can of worms...but, as I stated above, he has the right to his opinion, just as much as Rep. Wilson did the other night...

The difference is in the various reactions towards the 2 gentlemen...some have hailed Rep. Wilson as a hero of sorts, while some on here just today have labeled Pres. Carter a 'retard', among other things...

No matter how much you puff out your chest and put on your 'internet bada**' uniform as you sit at your keyboards, ladies and gentlemen, the fact remains---there ARE SOME FOLKS who can't accept the fact that the duly-elected President Of The United States is a black man...but I used capitals to emphasize my belief in SOME, not ALL...there are folks on here as well, who disagree with the President on a daily basis, but they do it with class and style, and without resorting to name-calling and generalizations---and yet, those folks get attacked as well, and THAT'S the part I don't understand...

In conclusion, I say this...does EVERY comment posted here on Politics and Controversies, that is President-oriented, have to end in an ongoing nasty game of monkey-see monkey-do mudslinging and general lack of civility? I'd really like to know

Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 AM

20,357 posts, read 13,883,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
First off...I really don't think that EVERYONE who disagrees with the President is, or should be labeled as, a racist...that's just wrong, right out of the box...but what gets my blood boiling is to see some of the posts in this particular thread today...

I am a firm believer in freedom of speech (for those Constitution-scorecard keepers out there)...ergo, even though I thought what Rep. Wilson did was out of line and deplorable, this is STILL the United States Of America, not some 3rd world dictatorship, and he had the right to speak his mind...as did Pres. Carter, and of course, as does everyone here on City-Data...

If someone uses the word racist against someone else, then the person who was 'called' has the right to defend themselves, correct? I see a lot of that happening lately, not just here on City-Data, but out in the offline world as well...and now, Pres. Carter's remarks have seemingly opened up yet another can of worms...but, as I stated above, he has the right to his opinion, just as much as Rep. Wilson did the other night...

The difference is in the various reactions towards the 2 gentlemen...some have hailed Rep. Wilson as a hero of sorts, while some on here just today have labeled Pres. Carter a 'retard', among other things...

No matter how much you puff out your chest and put on your 'internet bada**' uniform as you sit at your keyboards, ladies and gentlemen, the fact remains---there ARE SOME FOLKS who can't accept the fact that the duly-elected President Of The United States is a black man...but I used capitals to emphasize my belief in SOME, not ALL...there are folks on here as well, who disagree with the President on a daily basis, but they do it with class and style, and without resorting to name-calling and generalizations---and yet, those folks get attacked as well, and THAT'S the part I don't understand...

In conclusion, I say this...does EVERY comment posted here on Politics and Controversies, that is President-oriented, have to end in an ongoing nasty game of monkey-see monkey-do mudslinging and general lack of civility? I'd really like to know
Well stated.

There will always be bigots, and apparently there will always be people claiming they are the victims of bigots. I just want our presidents and elected representatives to rise above this pettiness.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:26 AM

7,846 posts, read 14,885,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The fact still reamins that the majority of those protesting and pontificating about the evils of Obama can not believe that we see through the (badly) veiled attempts to pretend that their hatred towards Obama is based in truth.

If those who oppose Obama spoke in rational and coherent sentences, then maybe their "concerns" would not seem so trivial. The gross exaggerations, the grandstanding, the nasty racially based attacks - most people can see what the real motivations of these people happens to be and are calling them out.

If you are a racist, Obama hater - just own it. Own what you are because the world already knows it.
You see this is where I get fed up....this makes me fume. You have nerve.

Believe it or not...there are principled and intelligent people out here who simply think Obama and his cronies are doing the wrong thing for America. We believe that his policies and principles are incorrect, and we are opposing him on that basis alone.

I didn't care that Clinton was white when I opposed him. I didn't care that Al Gore was white when I opposed his policies and voted against him. John Kerry being white wasn't a factor for me for years when I lived in MA, and when I voted against him in 2004. I voted against all of those people and opposed their policies because of one factor...THEY ARE ALL WRONG.

The left are so blinded by their false rhetoric and ignorant rants that they assume that no one can be rational and oppose Obama on a policy basis, so it must be race based. Conservatives are all illiterate and ignorant, huh? We're all stooges of Rush and Hannity, huh? I am so sick of the self righteous and arrogant leftist statements like the one quoted that I want to scream.

The more I read crap like that quoted, the more I harden my positions and refuse to compromise. Some of you arrogant, self righteous, and pompous buffoons on the left really need a reality check and a wake up call.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 AM

14,165 posts, read 11,639,437 times
It find it almost amusing that Jimmy Carter would come out with a statement like this in support of Barrack Obama. Hardly surprising, but amusing. The similarities between the two men are uncanny. By the time Obama is finished with his term, these similarities will be even more pronounced. That anyone would give Carter a shred of credibility, I find odd, let alone giving any credence to to the statement being discussed here. The race card is pretty dog eared and tired, and that deck needed changed a while back. Ain't gonna happen though.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 AM

3,854 posts, read 3,744,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
The left is hoping for a race war.
I would suggest that a race war is more part of the agenda of the white nationalists. Interesting strategy they have, the white nationalists, just project their own goals onto liberals and fight like crazy.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 AM

3,854 posts, read 3,744,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
he's a radical, that's been groomed for years by anti-American marxists for this very chance to change the country to his radical view, so chill and realize that.
Perhaps you've been watching too many movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies