U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,120,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Listening does not mean waiting for the crazy right media version of his speeches.
Listening also does not consist of a tireless, nicolas cage in national treasure-style conspiracy hunt, ignoring words and facts.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
43 to 7 now.

Please show me any other president in history that kept so many campaign promises.
Now I see your claims about campaign promises. Since Washington and Jefferson never had a chance to campaign nationally they didn't make some of the wild promises that Obama did. Surely you can see that the vast difference in how their campaign promises could be made would work better for Obama. What big item has he delivered on? None that I know of but when just counting total items it sounds so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ah, coulda, woulda, shouldas, are worth......................NOTHING!

No, I believe a POTUS should be elected by the people, not by the antiquated, unnecessary electoral college. By that standard your pissant little cowboy's a loser and Obama kicked NeoConfused a$$

But in your heart ya know that, don't ya?
How do you propose that we get away from the method of electing our presidents? You will never get a Constitutional amendment to do that so I guess it becomes more and more apparent why the left is so bound and determined to kill our Constitution and make up the rules as they go. They can omit Constitutional provisions forever but until they take away the rights of the states and the people you liberals are stuck with that old, outdated system.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 AM

2,659 posts, read 2,568,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now I see your claims about campaign promises. Since Washington and Jefferson never had a chance to campaign nationally they didn't make some of the wild promises that Obama did. Surely you can see that the vast difference in how their campaign promises could be made would work better for Obama. What big item has he delivered on? None that I know of but when just counting total items it sounds so good.
I think the fact that Obama has likely kept more campaign promises than any other is very relevant in another of the OP's crazy threads, particularly in one where the OP claims that people don't trust Obama.

43 to 7.
In 8 and a half months.

I bet the bush's didn't have 5 between both of them.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Now, roy, why would President Obama give an interview to an entertainment channel like FOX? He's giving interviews to news shows. And, yes, I do watch those Sunday morning talk shows.
I used to watch Russert although I thought he leaned left. Even Stephanopoulus wasn't bad but when I realized that the head man at ABC, Charlie Gibson, admit that he just heard about ACORN early last week I decided that they weren't much for news. Of course, any group that would attempt what Rather did isn't very good and Couric is nothing more than an old used to be pretty fact with no depth to her as a reporter, at all.

I guess that leaves me out of the news business on Sunday. I have watched Wallace for over 4 years because I always got him at 10:00 am instead of the Fox News time of 1:00.

Oh well, better to be uninformed by watching ABC, where you are concerned.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM

3,854 posts, read 3,730,042 times
Quote:
How do you propose that we get away from the method of electing our presidents? You will never get a Constitutional amendment to do that so I guess it becomes more and more apparent why the left is so bound and determined to kill our Constitution and make up the rules as they go. They can omit Constitutional provisions forever but until they take away the rights of the states and the people you liberals are stuck with that old, outdated system.
roy, you've been talking about the "left" killing our Constitution FOR SO LONG. Please at least give us some specifics, in detail, regarding exactly what Obama has done that contributes to, as you believe, helping the "left kill our Constitution." A list would be fine. Also, if "no one" is listening to Obama, how does he and the "left" reach this so-called goal?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Now, roy, why would President Obama give an interview to an entertainment channel like FOX? He's giving interviews to news shows. And, yes, I do watch those Sunday morning talk shows.
Austin, I forgot that you wanted to know why he would go in the room alone with Wallace. The questions wouldn't all be easy softballs and would keep coming at him until he walked out or answered. He is great giving a speech with is teleprompters but not so hot at answering questions. It is very obvious why he wouldn't go with Wallace and I would think very embarrassing, in the end.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are no more "news" shows on the TV. They are all entertainment news now. When was the last time any news show just gave the facts and not their take on it. All news on TV is slanted one way or the other.
Dan Rather started the change from real news to created news in the late 60s in Vietnam. Then he continued it in 2004.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Austin, I forgot that you wanted to know why he would go in the room alone with Wallace. The questions wouldn't all be easy softballs and would keep coming at him until he walked out or answered. He is great giving a speech with is teleprompters but not so hot at answering questions. It is very obvious why he wouldn't go with Wallace and I would think very embarrassing, in the end.
"He is great giving a speech with is [sic] teleprompters but not so hot at answering questions" = YOUR OPINON.

I disagree with your opinion. I think President Obama is very intelligent, well educated and informed, and is, in fact, very good at "answering questions" off the cuff.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
FOX has admitted to being just entertainment and not held to any standard of presenting the truth.
Would you say that all the controversy about Van Jones and not ACORN and SEIU aren't news? Well of course you would because they don't work in the interests of Our Glorious Leader, who you have been so supportive of all this time. As long as all that is reported is the kind of crap that Robert Gibbs puts out when he says what he thinks the president thinks is news, you will be happy.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
roy, you've been talking about the "left" killing our Constitution FOR SO LONG. Please at least give us some specifics, in detail, regarding exactly what Obama has done that contributes to, as you believe, helping the "left kill our Constitution." A list would be fine. Also, if "no one" is listening to Obama, how does he and the "left" reach this so-called goal?
roy, seems you forgot this request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies