U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:45 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,109,624 times

Advertisements

i will tell you why it is hard to trust obama. he voted for the auto bailouts, knowing they would fail. he voted for the wall street bailout. he put the same goldman sachs people in high positions that bush had done. he appointed geithner as the treasury secretary and bernanke as head of the federal reserve. obama did nothing as a senator to help regulate wall street and instead addressed global issues with his bills, like world debt forgiveness. obama told americans one thing about free trade agreements, yet told other countries another thing. i also resent that obama had congress fully fund the UN dues (including back dues) just so the UN could turn around and say that the united states dollar needs to be replaced by different currency! of course, the UN is also one of the prime pushers of cap and trade, which definitely would also be bad for america specifically. i would not trust any globalist with protecting america's interests, and so my distrust is not limited specifically to obama but to all globalist leaders. i think mccain needs to go, as he is another globalist. i hope that he is challenged in his primary and beaten.

i go by what these people are doing, not what they are saying.

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-18-2009 at 06:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 AM

34,599 posts, read 33,579,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why No One Believes Obama | Newsweek George F. Will | Newsweek.com

I've been saying this for a while. He is way, way overexposed. No one watches his "events" anymore, no one believes his same, tired old rhetoric that has been debunked over and over again.

Great analysis by G. Will.
Also, the more you talk in front of the public, the more you are likely to make a mistake if what you are saying has to be carefully worded. He has got to be tired. I'm tired just watching him talk all the time. TOTUS (the one that didn't commit suicide by jumping up and crashing to the ground) is probably eligible for Medicare by now ("Oh no, another road trip. Bring on the death panels and just pull the plug on me, already." - TOTUS. )

His major problem was never having a healthcare bill of his own and allowing the Dems in the Senate and House to run with, what was it, five different bills heading into the Congressional recess and Townhall Hell. How could this have happened? He's a Democrat. The leaders in the House and Senate are Democrats. They couldn't synchronize the message and yet they expect us to believe they know how something as major as healthcare should be run?

Regular folks knew what was in one of the House bills because it was done and published but Senators went around doing townhall meetings on what they thought was in the Senate Finance Committee bill and had no knowledge about some aspects of the House bill that the folks were quoting. The Townhall Senators pooh-poohed and ired constituents. Folks that had read the latest version of the House bill thought the Senators were either lying to them or were incompetent. Representatives had no idea what was in the Senate bills. They were all blathering during news shows about nothing set in stone making people really, really fearful and angry.

Then, the President would get up in front of audiences and talk pie in the sky talk because there was no one bill he could quote for details. People thought he was lying or evasive when frankly, in my opinion, he didn't know what the heck he was talking about because there was no one bill to hang his hat on. Now, because he talked too much and too soon, his own words are being used against him to show contradictions between what he's saying now and what he said early on. The implication is he's a liar. The evidence, in my opinion, is he's a bungler.

What a strategic mess!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,230,061 times
President Obama is not the blunderer but our Congressional Delegation certainly is. Those fools simply cannot get around a me first, last and always they were infected with by the Republicans. We really need a Congressional leadership that will get all the Democrats to vote for one policy and one policy only. Giving into the “independent” monomaniacs and “blue dogs” is no longer viable politically.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:02 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,512,504 times
Quote:
According to what obama said the stimulus would do (create 600,000 jobs by end of summer, 3-4 million by end of 2010 and keep UE under 8%) the only one lying is obama and people like you.

I have the facts AND the record of his statements to back up my claims - what do you have?
No, you don't.

You posted ""Why no one believes Obama;"""
"No one" ????
You have NOT posted any proof of that..NONE!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,496,708 times
Based on ALL the polls, they don't believe his rhetoric. If they did, he would have overwhelming support.

An excellent article "does obama lie" - why, yes he does.

RealClearPolitics - Does He Lie?

Great example from his less-than-a-game-changer speech.

Quote:
Mankiw puts the Obama bait-and-switch in plain language. "Translation: I promise to fix the problem. And if I do not fix the problem now, I will fix it later, or some future president will, after I am long gone. I promise he will. Absolutely, positively, I am committed to that future president fixing the problem. You can count on it. Would I lie to you?"

Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,512,504 times
Quote:
Based on ALL the polls, they don't believe his rhetoric. If they did, he would have overwhelming support.

An excellent article "does obama lie" - why, yes he does.

RealClearPolitics - Does He Lie?

Great example from his less-than-a-game-changer speech.
Still no proof that "" no one believes Obama; ""

But that's not unusual....

Old 09-18-2009, 07:44 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,496,708 times
Quote:
Still no proof that "" no one believes Obama; ""
I should clarify. His left-wing radical liberals still believe in him (although, that might change a bit), but based on the polls, people are waking up to what a lying, fraudulent bamboozler they elected.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 AM

58,058 posts, read 40,812,327 times
Quote:
I should clarify. His left-wing radical liberals still believe in him (although, that might change a bit), but based on the polls, people are waking up to what a lying, fraudulent bamboozler they elected.

Why not really clarify and admit the OP's title was nothing but baseless, NeoConfused hyperbole?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:54 AM

25,787 posts, read 38,999,165 times
He is having such an big ego that he will go under with it...

This upcoming weekend 4 interviews and than he will do a Late night show...that one is the most interesting to me...the rest is just repeating him self...in a comedy like late show, he will justify politics while millions are unemployed and he will have a good laugh while trying to get a new ordiance....

Last time he was on a comedy show he insulted atheletes of the special Olympics....so who will be targeted this time....just to be later told it was "stupidly and just a joke"!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:20 PM

2,665 posts, read 3,407,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's a little silly to say the POTUS is "overexposead".
"I'm so overexposed I'm making Paris Hilton look like a recluse." -- Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies