U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:35 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,725,129 times
Reputation: 1623

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Faulty premise. The fact is that "most" people believe Obama, not "no one."

Silly article. Sometimes Will hits it dead-on. This, however, is an epic fail.
I agree , Anyone can tell by the way the topic is worded that it was done by a teabagger,LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,752,866 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
More and more people are coming to realize that he can't deliver most of what he promised during the campaign . That is the reason he has to pass something like the original health care he promised. If he fails to get something passed he becomes a 100% liar from the campaign.

Just because he mentioned things he wants to do in a campaign, does not make it a promise. The President of the United States is not a dictator and cannot make things happen without it going through a system of checks and balances. He mentioned several things during his campaign and has been working on several of them. He is also only 8 months into administration and has 3 years and 4 months left.

The thing you need to recognize is that he is working on several things he wanted to on the campaign. He has not wavered one bit on anything and despite working through the toughest recession in 70 years, he is still working very hard at his initiatives he planned. If you go to his campaign website, you will see that he has worked on a lot of platforms he run on during his campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,752,866 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Notice, there really is no LEADER of the republican party. The GOP has not had to do much in the case of obamacare, the main reason being the plain, average folks across the country have had enough.
You're finally right about something. The plain, average folks in this country have had enough and that is why a MAJORITY of people voted for Obama in the presidential election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
 
2,659 posts, read 2,578,885 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Thanks for the attempted and unnecessary insult, but I'm sure about plenty.

When talking about the unemployment being higher without the stimulus than with, let's not forget that the CBO continued on to say that we would see a bump from the stimulus but that in the long run, the stimulus would essentially generate a second recession. I'm sure that someone of your superior intelligence knew that.
You are wrong again Rggr.

CBO says that the stimulus, in the short term, will provide a GDP increase of up to 9.5% (over 3 years).

In the long run (10 years out), their low estimate shows a possibility of 0.3% decrease in GDP. Not another recession, lol.
You guys are mixing up and exaggerating your talking points again.

I'm sure you can tell which is bigger, 9.5% or 0.3%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,617,572 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
As usual, you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

CBO's january 8th report projects 8.3% unemployment for 2009.
I think you have your numbers mixed up, once again. Please, point to the page, paragraph where the report says that.

Are you talking about this?

Quote:
CBO projects that the deficit this year will total
$1.2 trillion, or 8.3 percent of GDP.
Or this?

Quote:
Under an assumption that current laws and policies
regarding federal spending and taxation remain the same,
CBO forecasts the following:

An unemployment rate that will exceed 9 percent early
in 2010.
They are still closer to reality than bambam - who said UE would not rise above 8%, WITH the stimulus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,679 posts, read 74,671,253 times
Reputation: 48200
the hate obama machine aka DOD r us.
strange you say nobody believes him, landslide victory you also predicted for mccain.
just repeating it over and over. how is that working out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,617,572 times
Reputation: 7107
Overexposed? You bet.

His mug has been all over the TV for the last 2 weeks, and his poll numbers on obamacare continue to tank.

Network rounds mean no rest on Sunday for Obama - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Obama will have done 124 print, broadcast and radio interviews by day's end on Sunday, according to a tally by Martha Joynt Kumar, a political scientist at Towson University in Maryland. George W. Bush did 40 and Bill Clinton did 46 by the same point in their presidencies.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...th_care_reform

Quote:
Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters nationwide now oppose the health care reform proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s the highest level of opposition yet measured and includes 44% who are Strongly Opposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,199 posts, read 41,033,815 times
Reputation: 29934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I love the "or save" clause. Which jobs did he save? Given that the unemployment rate went higher than he predicted would happen if we did nothing, I'm not sure "jobs saved" is something he should flaunt.


I never said he did save jobs now, did I?

What I did was point out the usual faulty reporting by Sanrene when she claimed he'd said the stimulus would create 600,000 jobs when he really said it would create/save 600,000 jobs, a little bit of a difference there but she never seems to bother with actual facts.

Then again she's indicated in another thread her belief that Obama's decisons about barrage balloons and the cavalry may lead to another attack on the US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,199 posts, read 41,033,815 times
Reputation: 29934
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Notice, there really is no LEADER of the republican party.

WOW! Did you actually intend to be so factual or was it a slip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,617,572 times
Reputation: 7107
It is intentional. There has been no need for the GOP to drive the agenda - the people are driving the agenda.

Why do you think Rush did not advertise the Tea Party in DC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top