Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, but those 10 million weren't the deciding votes.

Go ahead, scare yourself, look at the results in FL, VA, OH, IN, NC - the combined total in those states was approx 800,000 votes. Take those EV away in those 5 states and he loses.

Ah, coulda, woulda, shouldas, are worth......................NOTHING!

No, I believe a POTUS should be elected by the people, not by the antiquated, unnecessary electoral college. By that standard your pissant little cowboy's a loser and Obama kicked NeoConfused a$$

But in your heart ya know that, don't ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Have you ever been to a Third World country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have, and I'd never call the US a Third World country.
But, some people might listen to President Obama, and get this subliminal message or receive unintended messages from what he's saying. I never heard Mr. President PROMISE anything, I did however hear his concerns and desires to get us out of Iraq, try to fix the hole we're in, plus many other messages of hope for Americans, which is what I think he is saying.

We should remember, and most Americans have a memory problem, that he inherited a mess, and, it's not going to get fixed overnight or in a few days, he's not running a body shop.

I've never heard the analogy of America being turned into a third world country, except when dubya was running the show. I actually thought he was tearing America down for his, and his friends own personal monetary gain. After all, he did run several businesses into the ground, and was never really a successful businessman, or president.

Last edited by Hombre57; 09-18-2009 at 09:34 PM..

Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wow another left winger with a deck of race cards! Only RACIST see race in everything. If you watched any of hussein oabam's speeches to different groups you would witness all his differing personalities and they differing accents for the way he talks.
Wow, you're hearing the subliminal messages too? So tell us, is it the afro american, the muslim, or the terrorist messages you're hearing in your head from the Prez.? We'd all like to know!

Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is the coming Sunday when he took everybody up, but Fox. It is too obvious why he did that. Do you watch the Sunday talks? Somehow I don't think you do. I used to take in whichever of the first two NBC or ABC that had the best guests, then caught CBS and then Fox. The softball questions and the way the hosts from the first three managed to let certain people off the hook convinced my that they were not news oriented.

Of course, CNN has their show after Fox but I never watched that one past the first time. Why don't you watch them this week are report back what you saw?
Now, roy, why would President Obama give an interview to an entertainment channel like FOX? He's giving interviews to news shows. And, yes, I do watch those Sunday morning talk shows.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:15 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Now, roy, why would President Obama give an interview to an entertainment channel like FOX? He's giving interviews to news shows. And, yes, I do watch those Sunday morning talk shows.
"News shows"!!! Guffaw!!!

Like most lefties, I doubt that you would know a news show if it whacked you on the arse.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
There are no more "news" shows on the TV. They are all entertainment news now. When was the last time any news show just gave the facts and not their take on it. All news on TV is slanted one way or the other.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
"News shows"!!! Guffaw!!!

Like most lefties, I doubt that you would know a news show if it whacked you on the arse.
Why?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are no more "news" shows on the TV. They are all entertainment news now. When was the last time any news show just gave the facts and not their take on it. All news on TV is slanted one way or the other.
FOX has admitted to being just entertainment and not held to any standard of presenting the truth.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
FOX has admitted to being just entertainment and not held to any standard of presenting the truth.
Oh please, do share the link with us.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What a novel thought. How about he stay in the WH and get some work done instead of prancing around the US, wasting time, money and resources?

He is on a perpetual campaign. No one is listening - they are burned out with his same, tired old rhetoric (lies) that have been shown to be just that - lies.
Who are you speaking for other than yourself? You don't like Obama, we get it. How is what you're doing with your threads ANY different from what you accuse Obama of doing? You're spewing the same old, tired rhetoric and that has no fact behind it.

Of course the President is on a perpetual campaign! Name one President who wasn't out there trying to convince the public that his ideas are the right ones! You are really grasping at straws with that one.

This is exhausting...and stupid beyond belief. Lights out on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies