U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM

9,881 posts, read 9,015,898 times

Advertisements

Descriptions of Execution Methods | Death Penalty Information Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,050,990 times
Now we have to pay for another last supper of his choice for this piece of crap.
They want him not to traumatized? Poor thing. Was he concerned about his victim being traumatized when he commited murder?
Shoot him.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:14 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,654,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Uhm... What's wrong with a well-placed bullet to the back (or front) of the head as an alternative when problems like this arise? Quick, effective, no-muss-no-fuss and the job's done!
Yeah, didn't one of the guards have a sidearm handy? Or why not fire up the state's old electric chair! Roast some marshmallows!

Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
While I'm opposed to the death penalty in all forms, its important to note this individual commited this crime 25 years ago.. Takes that long to get through all of the legal bull crap. Cant do it timely, then save the millions and lock them away for life..

Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,308,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
While I'm opposed to the death penalty in all forms, its important to note this individual commited this crime 25 years ago.. Takes that long to get through all of the legal bull crap. Cant do it timely, then save the millions and lock them away for life..
WTF!!! see thats way to long .. like rubbing the puppys nose in its mess 12 hours after he did it .. the concept of timely is lost .. .. sometimes I think waiting forever for all the whining and legal wiggles to get done is wrong .. .. In the old days .. the sentance was usually carried out right then .. I think thats fair .. and kinder for all involved .. as for a bullet in the head .. yeh I can agree with that to .. .. problem is we are to "sentive" to have public excutioners any more we use a machine and the less "seeable" it is ( leathle injection ") the less we feel dirty ..
thats bs to me .. I think we need to make it asap after trial /judgement is passed and make it rude and ugly .. an excution is just that .. save the taxpayers money and do it cheaply ..

Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 AM

3,288 posts, read 3,966,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
WTF!!! see thats way to long .. like rubbing the puppys nose in its mess 12 hours after he did it .. the concept of timely is lost .. .. sometimes I think waiting forever for all the whining and legal wiggles to get done is wrong .. .. In the old days .. the sentance was usually carried out right then .. I think thats fair .. and kinder for all involved .. as for a bullet in the head .. yeh I can agree with that to .. .. problem is we are to "sentive" to have public excutioners any more we use a machine and the less "seeable" it is ( leathle injection ") the less we feel dirty ..
thats bs to me .. I think we need to make it asap after trial /judgement is passed and make it rude and ugly .. an excution is just that .. save the taxpayers money and do it cheaply ..
Yeah that way maybe the state can kill a couple of innocents (as though it hasn't already).

Old 09-19-2009, 12:08 AM

28,192 posts, read 47,512,098 times
News update, Ohio Execution Fails After 18 Attempts to Puncture Inmate's Veins

On Tuesday night, convicted killer Romell Broom ate the strangest meal of his life: veggie nuggets, lima beans, bread and cookies.

It wasn't the menu that was extraordinary, but the fact that he was alive to eat the food.

Convicted Killer Romell Broom Appeals to State, Federal Court to Stop Second Execution Attempt - ABC News

Old 09-19-2009, 12:51 AM

27 posts, read 49,198 times
"Cruel and Unusual Punishment" is the gateway to the abolishment of Capitol Punishment.
Opponents know that they can try and make that mean anything and everything. Last year it was the fat guy, now they can't find the vein. Next time the guy will be scared of needles. This must be a joke. Millions are spent trying to kill a guy who has himself given up his right to live. His actions null his access to humane treatment, i.e. he is no longer a human like you and I. He is a murderer. He committed a heinous crime and his penalty is death. He raped and murdered a little girl. How much did she suffer in her last moments? Do it already.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:38 AM

20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
A 45 acp to the back of the head requires no veins, is faster and costs less than that drug cocktail does. I have no doubts plenty of volunteers can be found who would do it for free.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Think about how much money is wasted on housing,feeding, hospitailizing and caring for these inmates for the rest of their lives when they should have been put to death in an effective manner such as ohh I dunno Firing squad, electric chair. Any of these could have been more humane to him then the way he treated his victim. Think about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies