U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,763 posts, read 4,341,479 times
Reputation: 2060

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
This crime that was perpetrated against this woman was despicable and I pray that this brute gets the maximum penalty. How dare a grown man beat up a woman and call her racist names, especially in front of her child! Are we really going backwards as a society?
************************************************** **********
Yes. There are people who cannot grasp the concept that "divide and conquer" is an ancient and effective means of keeping the populace as a whole from finding common ground and working together, in this case for the benefit of the American people. That strategy has worked with religion, race and class in this country. You know the song, "Jesus Loves the Little Children?" It says "Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight..." I am curious as to when that sentiment expires...when kids are 8? 10? 15? As near as I can tell from the New Testament and Ten Commandments, it never expires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,863,841 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Really? That's a pretty sad commentary I think. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I would have to try and help in some way. I have intervened before, and would do it again, although not a surefire way to guarantee longevity .
I've intervened many times, and I still survive. Inshallah I would survive another incident if I were to intervene. If I see a woman being beaten up, I will intervene. That's just how it is. Old, young, white, black, other. Even if the guy is her boyfriend/husband and they both hate me for getting involved. No reason for a man to beat up a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,037,112 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Everybody needs to call your elected reps and DEMAND Federal Hate Crime charges against this racist conservative! The fact is (and I DO live in Georgia- this man will not spend a DAY in jail unless Federal charges are bought. In fact most of the locals down there probably approve of what he did which is why they did not interfere as she was stomped, kicked, called "dirty n***r" in front of her kid. Call the FBI too and DEMAND civil rights charges!!!

Police: Man Beat Woman At Cracker Barrel - News Story - WSB Atlanta
Are you trying to make Atlanta out to be a white city that hates blacks? Come on, Kev! I live in Atlanta too. Atlanta is black and Clayton County is black. This guy is toast.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, Maryland
192 posts, read 191,013 times
Reputation: 72
What does this have to do with race? If you assault someone then you should go to jail. Period. I don't care if you are white/black, dem/republican. You lefties are so into this racism kick that you think we favour assaulting black people. We don't.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Period. End of story. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,982 posts, read 12,215,981 times
Reputation: 14815
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
What does this have to do with race? If you assault someone then you should go to jail. Period. I don't care if you are white/black, dem/republican. You lefties are so into this racism kick that you think we favour assaulting black people. We don't.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Period. End of story. Thanks.
Welcome to the party, although you are a little late! The reason race is being discussed is because as this low-life was kicking this woman in the head he was calling her a f#####g n####r. So, yeah, it's relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: 95468
1,383 posts, read 2,113,753 times
Reputation: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If those teens spewed racial slurs while beating that student NO doubt they should be charged with a racial crime. Considering their were other white students on the bus that should not be hard to establish. Bottom line, the statements so far was it was over a seat. Either way, they should be charged, but where are the racial aspects? Where are the statements from the other students that would have reported race. Why didn't the victim state that they attacked him because he was white? Just because YOU say it, doesn't make it true.
How bout a name change. Black but needs glasses.
Argument over a seat? The poor kid only sat down being white. Then a gooning took place. So your saying a black kid would have gotten the same welcome? Time for that eye exam.
So what sort of punishment did this kid get from his father? Hmmmm ......what did Dad do? Take a look at that.
If a white kid had done this to a black, white people in general would be outraged. Sickened. Not making excuses.
Cultural differences I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 32,007,059 times
Reputation: 14896
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I agree 100% with this. The FBI getting involved is just the federal government trampling state's rights.

Georgia does not have hate crime laws. Assault is a state crime, not a federal crime. The victim was off duty, not in uniform, not anywhere near a voting booth..... there is no legitimate reason for the feds to get involved.

This is aggravated assault, a state crime. And as Georgia does not have hate crime statutes, this is not a hate crime.
Sorry, you may agree with me 100% but I don't agree with you to that extent.

Sometimes, state's rights need to be trampled, as when state governments refuse to prosecute crimes that are racially motivated, as in the case of numerous crimes during the Civil Rights period. This however is not the case, and while I feel quite certain that race was the underlying motivation, the fact that the local authorities are pursuing the case, fully, I am satisfied that in this case, justice will prevail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
 
212 posts, read 104,170 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Everybody needs to call your elected reps and DEMAND Federal Hate Crime charges against this racist conservative! The fact is (and I DO live in Georgia- this man will not spend a DAY in jail unless Federal charges are bought. In fact most of the locals down there probably approve of what he did which is why they did not interfere as she was stomped, kicked, called "dirty n***r" in front of her kid. Call the FBI too and DEMAND civil rights charges!!!

Police: Man Beat Woman At Cracker Barrel - News Story - WSB Atlanta

LOL point in case right here, kevk was never around on the thread about the white kid who was beaten by whites yet here he is screaming like a flaming liberal.Irony I swear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:17 PM
 
16,268 posts, read 9,076,702 times
Reputation: 6540
Here is an idea. how about we punish people for breaking the law... like when they beat someone up.

and stop trying to get in their heads and figure out if they were motivated by hatred?

I never could figure out why 2 criminals who commit identical crimes would get different punishments based on what they were thinking at the time.

Makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,635 posts, read 16,600,789 times
Reputation: 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here is an idea. how about we punish people for breaking the law... like when they beat someone up.

and stop trying to get in their heads and figure out if they were motivated by hatred?

I never could figure out why 2 criminals who commit identical crimes would get different punishments based on what they were thinking at the time.

Makes no sense.
Harsher penalty for racially motivated crime = more deterrence of said crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top