Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 12:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Haha yeah, and you'd have your ass handed to you as well ...
You're right ....and some insurance exec would say I did it voluntarily so I wouldn't be covered...it would be stupid for me to do anything but call 911.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You're right ....and some insurance exec would say I did it voluntarily so I wouldn't be covered...it would be stupid for me to do anything but call 911.
I believe this thread is discussing the brutal attack against a black woman army officer ... Please stay on track and no hijacking.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
They should try telling that to my daughter who has served in the Armed Forces for almost 30 years and is a Sgt. Major. She has won more awards and received more commendations than 90% of the enlisted MEN in service.
Yes, some people have no problem saying women cannot show their patriotism and love of country the same way a man can.

They have NO respect for women who fight, die, or are maimed for life, who are seperated from their families and suffer terrible hardships for THEM.
While I hate that unnecessary illegal war I have nothing but respect for the women who serve.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I believe this thread is discussing the brutal attack against a black woman army officer ... Please stay on track and no hijacking.
I believe someone ask a relevant question about why people did not interfere.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I believe someone ask a relevant question about why people did not interfere.
Yeah ... and so we are now turning this into another health care debate as if there isn't hundreds of threads on that very subject?

Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah ... and so we are now turning this into another health care debate as if there isn't hundreds of threads on that very subject?
No, "we" aren't. Try paying attention to the topic and not me and you'll be OK...

Old 09-16-2009, 01:15 PM

103 posts, read 147,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
well wouldn't that make most professional sports really boring? Well for your side at least
true blacks do better in sports than whites. jesse owens showed that in the 1936 olympics in his win of the gold.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:16 PM

247 posts, read 379,815 times
Anytime someone is being attacked if there are others that witness it, they should step in to stop it. There are groups of blacks that beat a white person just as much as there are groups of whites that beat a black person. If the attack is based on skin color, that is racism.

However, just because a person disagrees with the policies of the Obama administration does NOT mean that they are a racist! I'm half black (I'm also Chinese, Mexican, White, and American Indian), and I didn't vote for Obama. I don't believe him to be qualified enough. I didn't vote for McCain either because he's the same as let's-just-bomb-them Bush.

There are heroic stories where people of opposite color have stepped in to save the life of someone else. However, the media doesn't give those stories nearly the same amount of airtime that they do negative stories about race.

Example, there was a black baby that crawled out a window in NY and was hanging from the balcony. Two Mexican guys caught the baby when he fell and saved his life. The one Mexican guy got a broken arm out of it. Both are hero's.

There was a white college kid that had a seizure and fell between the rails of the subway train. A black man that didn't know him dove between the tracks and covered this man to keep him safe from the train. The Black man was a hero.

There was a Black woman inside of a McDonalds and she was being beaten by her estranged husband. There was a white kid that worked behind the counter and he tried to stop the man from beating the woman. The man pulled out a gun and shot the boy in the chest. He died on the way to the hospital, but he died a hero.

Why can't people figure out that the news media like to report negative stories because when there's controversy it gives them more to write about. They have no interest in seeing the country unite. They like it when we're divided because it keeps them in their jobs, sells their papers, and makes them money. The media are manipulators of the American public on a grand scale.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,476,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think many people these days would jump in unless it's someone they know personally.
It probably happened too quickly but unfortunately you never know these days what you might be getting into. Best to get on the cell phone and call those trained for this sort of thing. You could find yourself in the back of a police car, too and also sustain injuries.

This is not a 'good' way to have to live but I have come to accept that is the reality.

One bit of GA news --a delivery driver did intervene when he saw a woman being attacked, raped in her front yard this week.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:23 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,476,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudandwhite View Post
true blacks do better in sports than whites. jesse owens showed that in the 1936 olympics in his win of the gold.
Oh,no.

moving along before I get singed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies