U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:38 PM

3,482 posts, read 4,009,913 times

Advertisements

In observing voting patterns, could it be that there is a high level of gullibility in the blue states? For example, where issues show that government has wasted money and worsened a problem (i.e., healthcare), voters actually believe that government will efficiently solve the very problem that it created?

Could it be that there is a lower level of intelligence that prevails in these states, where people do not have a sense of causation or the facility of logic to understand that the welfare state further weakens minds and personal empowerment?

Could it be that major media outlets actually prefer locating in these weak-minded states, so that their biased political views go "unnoticed" and unchallenged?

Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
I would say that every state has its share of party hardliners.
They also have their share of folks who actually believe that elected reps should be representing the voter first last and always.
Not their party, not the lobbyists, and damn sure not a collective of friends and campaign donors.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:25 PM

Wouldn't you think a room full of constituents would take over this guy's little show------"his town hall meeting?"

Democrat arrogance unparalleled......

Hope the constituents will not continue in submissive ignorance.....YouTube - Baron Hill (IN-09): This Is My Town Hall Meeting. I Set the Rules.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:27 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,000,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
In observing voting patterns, could it be that there is a high level of gullibility in the blue states? For example, where issues show that government has wasted money and worsened a problem (i.e., healthcare), voters actually believe that government will efficiently solve the very problem that it created?

Could it be that there is a lower level of intelligence that prevails in these states, where people do not have a sense of causation or the facility of logic to understand that the welfare state further weakens minds and personal empowerment?

Could it be that major media outlets actually prefer locating in these weak-minded states, so that their biased political views go "unnoticed" and unchallenged?
Yep, nothing like highly educated South Carolina and Alabama.............

Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Check the Democrats' voting profile----------yours would be a racist comment!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,362,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Don't forget Mississippi and Louisiana...

Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times
I think a lot is apathy. They don't care to look at the past or details or question and ask for accountability. IMO I think they just vote on who makes the best promises.

4,465 posts, read 7,000,460 times
Quote:
Check the Democrats' voting profile----------yours would be a racist comment!
A point of sheer nonsense on your part that 100% contradicts your own OP.

Oh, and don't forget a little thing called US History.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-23-2009 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: rude

2,538 posts, read 3,362,287 times
Quote:

Thanks for the chuckle...

Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times
As an example..just look at last years votes and see who got re-elected that voted FOR that massive bailout bill. Americans were overwhelmingly saying NO and they voted YES anyway. One month later it was all forgotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies