Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 02:57 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I am going to say this again (I did when this topic came up last month). 1/2 my family is in Poland and I asked them about this. According to them, the people that ACTUALLY live in Poland, 75% of the residents don't want this shield anyway. They feel MUCH safer not having it there.
I have relatives in Poland, they dont want that in their country either. Why should they? That might encourage terrorists to attack Poland since it supports the US.
I am relieved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 03:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
You know nothing about Isreal.

Quick to talk trash, slooooooow to offer substance.

Typical NeoConfused blather.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:08 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Russia has already made it clear, no new sanctions against Iran. So, we abandon our allies, once again, for the sole purpose of showing the bad guys how nice we are?
Countries have no permanent allies, only permanent interests. We have no interests in Eastern Europe.

I, personally, don't feel we have any interests that are threatened by Iran for that matter.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:10 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Please tell that to Hamas! I guess you don't know much about the issues in the Middle East...It is mostly about land and many neighboring countries have so much land they don't even use, if they all give a piece of land to their own muslim brothers, they all could live happely ever after, but no Israel has the smallest land and they need a piece of that small country!
I've been studying the Middle East for 22 years and you're full of it. Israel has the smallest land? What does that have to do with anything? Would you accept the excuse of a bank robber that he only took 1% of what was in the vaults? No, because it would not be his money!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I have relatives in Poland, they dont want that in their country either. Why should they? That might encourage terrorists to attack Poland since it supports the US.
I am relieved.
Well, it seems 0bama will have ships sitting in the Baltic Sea instead of a land based missile defense system.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Countries have no permanent allies, only permanent interests. We have no interests in Eastern Europe.

I, personally, don't feel we have any interests that are threatened by Iran for that matter.
The current allies that are helping us in Afghanistan are the ones 0bama keeps pissing off.

0bama announced his cancellation of the ballistic missile defense systems in Poland and the Czech Republic on the 70th Anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Poland. 0bama is doing a good job of making sure we have no "permanent allies" any where in Europe.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM

749 posts, read 946,964 times
Obama the WEAK!!!! He cowers every time a foreign leader speaks out.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, it seems 0bama will have ships sitting in the Baltic Sea instead of a land based missile defense system.
Yes, that's what it looks like. The ship-based missile shield will be more mobile, cheaper and there will more of them. I just heard Gates talk about it. The missile bases in Poland was nothing but Bush's gift to his buddies in the defence industry.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The current allies that are helping us in Afghanistan are the ones 0bama keeps pissing off.

0bama announced his cancellation of the ballistic missile defense systems in Poland and the Czech Republic on the 70th Anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Poland. 0bama is doing a good job of making sure we have no "permanent allies" any where in Europe.
For the third time or thereabouts: Poland's government had to be paid to accept the system on their territory.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Obama the WEAK!!!! He cowers every time a foreign leader speaks out.

No, he just doesn't spout baseless arrogance at every opportunity. Why not just toddle off to the the party honoring the village idiot returned to Texas and leave government to people who think?

Last edited by burdell; 09-17-2009 at 06:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies