Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:36 PM

507 posts, read 678,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Main Stream Media: Fox News, conservative talk radio, internet

Fringe Media: ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today and other newspaper rags.

Wait. So now you guys want to label Fox as the Mainstream Media? I thought the MSM was the problem! Anyway, I think it's incredibly ironic that news with an obvious bias is somehow considered mainstream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:40 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
LOL! CNN on the bottom! I love it!

Left wingers are losers in print, on the radio and on the tube. H*ll they are losers in life too.
We Liberals win WHERE IT COUNTS !!!

Remember November 2008?

The rest of the time WE ARE OUTSIDE ENJOYING LIFE!!!

Being glued to a TV set is for LOSERS !!!

Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Remember November 2008?

Outside enjoying life huh? Hahahaha...do you work for ACORN?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Remember November 2008?

I'll bet I can find a lot of whinning when W was President. Heck, a lot on here still whine.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:09 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I don't get it. Why is this important to the right or, for that matter, the left? I rarely watch television and never watch talk shows, political or otherwise.

I have this image in my mind of millions of righties sitting in front of their television sets, day after day, chanting 'Go O'Rilley' or 'Beck' or whoever else is telling them how to think. All around them the pizza boxes are piling up, the kids and dog are dirty and unattended to, the grass has grown over the windows, the mail boxes are overflowing......, 'Can't leave the set, might miss something I'm suppose to to know/believe', ' Must.... hate..... Obama.....' .
O'Reilly has never said he hates Obama. He did say that Obama is "ultra-smart." (March 24, 2009).

In fact, I have never heard Hannity say he "hates" Obama. Because he doesn't... disagreeing with a president's policies is not necessarily "hating."

Old 09-17-2009, 03:41 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,837,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Wait. So now you guys want to label Fox as the Mainstream Media? I thought the MSM was the problem! Anyway, I think it's incredibly ironic that news with an obvious bias is somehow considered mainstream.
That's where the viewers and listeners are!! The original MSN lost their standing by capitulating their rights as journalists. The journalist should be digging for the truth and not being a cheerleader for the government. The journalist protects the rights of the people by standing up against big government. If the old MSN keep it up, one day they will lose their rights and we all lose in the end.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
No..people want the truth. I wonder how many of you critics of Fox have ever actually watched these people long enough to formulate an honest opinion..or do you just go to the left wing blogs and let them think for you...Fox covers issues that the main stream is covering up to protect Obama and his crew. But as you can see from the ratings...there is really no contest.
I have watched these FOX guys on occasion. They seem to pick some little strange "factoid" and repeat it ad nauseum, generally something anti-Dem. They don't outright lie (probably afraid of getting sued), they just distort a lot of stuff. IMO

Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Olbermann seems to have two main themes to his show. Dig up past negative stories on Bush when Obama does something similar and says " So there." and then he'll viciously snipe at whatever Oreilly Hannity or Beck says in their covering politics and news. He's a bitter rabid little troll that feeds on whatever crumbs his competitors drop on the floor to him. And then Rachel Maddow does the same thing but dumbs it down even more for her viewers she preceives as too simple to be able to handle real commentary and analysis.
Now even Chris Matthews is just phoning in his shows and looks like he's been lobotomized. Or is that lOBAMAtized?

Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Mike Malloy, Randi Rhodes, Ed Schultz and Thom Hartmann are very much alive and well on the air waves.
Who the hhhhelllllllllllllll are they? Never heard of 'em!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Who the hhhhelllllllllllllll are they? Never heard of 'em!
Randi Rhodes was the one who got a little visit by the secret service for playing shotgun blasts during President Bush's speech..a real class act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies