Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
??? The only Nazi-Hitler-brownshirts comparisons I've heard have been coming from the right.
Another case of selective hearing for the last 8 years, hey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
??? The only Nazi-Hitler-brownshirts comparisons I've heard have been coming from the right.
Plenty of people on these forums saying that townhall "disruptors" were brownshirts. Make sure you let them know they're wrong.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Was it a "dangersous tack" when Democrats called Bush a murderer and a liar??
You cannot compare the two. There was no race issues invoked with Bush and let's not get started on the Bush/Iraq thing again. I don't recal anyone showing up where Bush was speaking with a weapon as an accessory.

SHOCKING: Death threats against Obama up 400%

SHOCKING: Death threats against Obama up 400%

Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Don't you understand that there are really mentally ill people in this country that just lie in wait for the right provocation to give them an excuse to commit a heinous crime? Racism does still exist in this country and when media talking heads proliferate the hate talk, it is without a doubt a dangersous tack. It does not take much for someone teetering on the edge to be pushed over the edge.

Then why would someone like Pelosi try to invent that "right provocation"? You would think that someone who holds a position such as hers would never be so reckless with her hateful political posturing.

We have never been in short supply of desperate politicians but I can't remember ever witnessing such abhorrent behavior as we are seeing from our current crop.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Pull a "Pelosi" and well up with tears at a press conference, stating that you fear violence. It's not enough to call you a racist anymore; you are a potential murderer.
Not just any murderer, an anti-gay murderer.

Pelosi is some piece of cake. Pelosi and bipartisan are two words you'll probably never hear in the same sentence.

I wonder if the Congress members are actually afraid of her ....
I've seen one too many do a 360 on their positions in as much as a couple of hours.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Then why would someone like Pelosi try to invent that "right provocation"? You would think that someone who holds a position such as hers would never be so reckless with her hateful political posturing.

We have never been in short supply of desperate politicians but I can't remember ever witnessing such abhorrent behavior as we are seeing from our current crop.
Invent?

Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times
Quote:
Like that is anything new. If you have not heard the reference to todays protesters being nazi, google it. You may have missed it if you only watch the network news.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Start comparing opposition protests to anti-gay rallies and just to top it off, toss in a little assassination talk to really show how desperate you are.

The far left whack jobs insist on creating a divide in this country. They see themselves losing support and would rather invent unrest than to admit they are the ones who have lost touch. Only it seems the more they go down this road, the more support they lose.

Capitol Briefing - Republicans Denounce Pelosi for Warning Against 'Incitement'
An amazing feat of Orwellian-speak, pal.

The only people "insisting on creating a divide in this country" are the right-wing "whackos," who circulate positively insane and dangerous lies. Palin, Limbaugh, Coulter, etc. Death panels, etc.

And I hate to break it to you, but the left isn't losing any support. The majority of the country regards the right wing with horror. Fact. If you were to ever leave the cocooned world of FOX & Friends, and their particularly bizarre take on reality, you would know this.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 PM

If I remember correctly, this Bush bashing did not start until people realized that we attacked Iraq under false pretenses. I personally never particularly disliked Bush until his second term when I began to question the White House agenda and understood what Cheney was all about. This Obama bashing has been relentless and began from day one.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 PM

296 posts, read 273,461 times
still waiting for someone to admit they actually voted for nancy. I'll settle for someone that can even point out one good quality she possesses. The woman can't possibly have an IQ of 40 at best. Says a lot about those that voted for her and those that follow her or continue to make excuses for her, like somehow believing SHE isn't the great divider. Then again that would mean she has the ability to divide, which requires a little intellect and some skillz. I guess the only way she can pull it off is by surrounding herself with people that are actually inferior to her..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies