Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 02:05 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Blacks are getting AIDS in alarming numbers because of drug use (sharing needles) where as white people usually get AIDS by engaging in gay sex.
No, I think white people invented AIDS in a lab and put it into the black community. At least that's what Rev Wright told me.

In any event, thank you for that tid bit of information. However, I think you are sadly mistaken if you think that blacks do not transmit AIDS among themselves through sex. Blacks are getting AIDS in alarming numbers because they have not learned how to prevent this preventable disease.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 02:09 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Yeah, I know. But have you ever seen their website? It is clearly a black centric church and their beliefs are those of black liberation theology. They've 'cleaned up' their website a lot recently but I think you can still see this.

You are totally misleading people by saying its a congregation of an overwhelmingly white denomination.

- Reel
The changes in the web site occurred in conjunction with Rev. Otis Moss III becoming the minister at Trinity. As far as I can tell very little has changed in philosophy at Trinity, other then it reflecting a younger more media savvy Minister.

Trinity sits in the middle of an overwhelming black neighborhood, but has had and continues to have members from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds including whites.

There is nothing wrong with Black Liberation Theology as practiced at Trinity.

How is it misleading to note Trinity UCC's voluntary affiliation with and financial backing of a predominately white denomination?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Wright can condemn all white people and it's taken out of context?
Rev. Wright never condemn all white people.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The changes in the web site occurred in conjunction with Rev. Otis Moss III becoming the minister at Trinity. As far as I can tell very little has changed in philosophy at Trinity, other then it reflecting a younger more media savvy Minister.

Trinity sits in the middle of an overwhelming black neighborhood, but has had and continues to have members from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds including whites.

There is nothing wrong with Black Liberation Theology as practiced at Trinity.

How is it misleading to note Trinity UCC's voluntary affiliation with and financial backing of a predominately white denomination?
No, the website was changed right after the 'Wright affair' during the campagn. I have not been back to it since the new guy took over.

What you said made it seem like a mainstream white congregation. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There is a lot wrong with BLT. You add 'as practiced at Trinity'. I don't know. I don't go to Trinity. But I've heard enough from Wright to think that I disagree with you.

- Reel

Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Now that is so wierd. All the videos I have seen of the Trinity that hussein obama attended had a FEW whites here and there. In fact in one sermon when hussein obama's Rev. Wright was spewing his hatered for whites from the pulpit he ask the blacks to understand when he heard them gasping.
Why is it surprising that a congregation sitting in an predominately black neighborhood would be attended by predominately black people? I think what is what is more telling is attendance, at almost all their services, of predominately white groups from various churches and denominations from around the greater Chicago area. Why would those groups continue to visit if they were mistreated or otherwise made to feel uncomfortable.

And what was it that Rev. Wright was saying in the case you site?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:26 PM

103 posts, read 148,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
White people invented and gave this to black people:
The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

A truthful person would not deny that White people have done some very cruel and evil things to black people.
the questions being asked here are to you . not to us. we hear all the time about the past. we did not invent syphilis.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No, the website was changed right after the 'Wright affair' during the campagn. I have not been back to it since the new guy took over.

What you said made it seem like a mainstream white congregation. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There is a lot wrong with BLT. You add 'as practiced at Trinity'. I don't know. I don't go to Trinity. But I've heard enough from Wright to think that I disagree with you.

- Reel
Rev. Wright gave his last sermon and had turned over the reigns to Rev. Moss III in the beginning of Feb 2008. This transition, due to Rev. Wright's retirement, had been in the works for at least 2 years. The media storm around Rev. Wright didn't start until the middle of March 2008.

From the start of the wikipedia article on the UCC.
Quote:
The United Church of Christ (UCC) is a mainline Protestant Christian denomination principally in the United States, generally considered within the Reformed tradition.
Trinity UCC has been and I believe continues to be the largest congregation in the UCC.

I added the "as practiced at Trinity" because many people have tried the guilt by association route with Trinity. They point to the actions of other organizations and attempt to associate those actions with Trinity. I would point out when Dr. Cone was asked to name a congregation living out his theology he pointed to Trinity UCC was the best example.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Rev. Wright gave his last sermon and had turned over the reigns to Rev. Moss III in the beginning of Feb 2008. This transition, due to Rev. Wright's retirement, had been in the works for at least 2 years. The media storm around Rev. Wright didn't start until the middle of March 2008.

From the start of the wikipedia article on the UCC.

Trinity UCC has been and I believe continues to be the largest congregation in the UCC.

I added the "as practiced at Trinity" because many people have tried the guilt by association route with Trinity. They point to the actions of other organizations and attempt to associate those actions with Trinity. I would point out when Dr. Cone was asked to name a congregation living out his theology he pointed to Trinity UCC was the best example.
Yeah, right. I saw the website during the campagn and I've heard from Wright numerous times and I've read up on BLT. I don't like any of it. You do. That's fine.

- Reel

Old 09-19-2009, 02:54 PM

103 posts, read 148,000 times
haven't you white people realized yet. only white right wingers are racist. don' t a watch the news. NOI and NEW BLACK PANTHERS are just telling the truth ?

Old 09-19-2009, 03:26 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Rev. Wright never condemn all white people.

So that makes him right? If I go out make racist slurs about a black person around the corner, is that ok, because it is only 1 black person I am insulting?

If a REVEREND, a MAN OF GOD, can stand before his flock and espouse hatred toward SOME white people, or toward Jewish people, is that taking it out of context?

What about this delightful morsel:
"The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied."

Where's Rev Wright's tinfoil hat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies