Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:52 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,220,517 times

Advertisements

Dumped the missile shield. Now can he actually sock away the saved money, or is it burning a hole in his pocket? It's very uncool to be a cheapskate, ya know. Chicks don't dig it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:56 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,333,323 times
I'm not a "conservative" although I do consider myself fiscally conservative. I have to say that at least he keeps a cool head. There isn't the "you're with me or against me" philosophy that could be detrimental to his administration.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 AM

757 posts, read 800,545 times
Obama "dumped the missile shield" which has been the Russians main excuse against supporting the US in our efforts to deal with Iran. Obama is a brilliant strategist!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:07 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,602,434 times
Well, I am a real conservative with more then '10' rep points so here is my take on Obama;

He is exceptionally well spoken and reminds me of Reagan when giving speeches.
I love the fact that the white house has little kids in it again.
I do believe that he truly believes that everything he wants to accomplish will benefit our country and citizens.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:08 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,557,818 times
He looks healthy and enjoys him self very much

Old 09-19-2009, 09:09 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,032,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Bella View Post
Obama gets his feelings hurt everytime someone says anything that is critical about him. He hasn't had half of the things said about him that Bush encountered even within his first month in office (not even counting the amount of times Bush was criticized for his southern accent). I never once saw Bush throw a tantrum and hide behind Laura when the mudslinging began. Has Michelle been given an honorary Secret Service badge for protecting the president from name calling?
I don't recall Bush being seriously bashed until the Iraq War was exposed for what it really was. Poking fun at his accent is not on par with the venomous false accusatoins that Obama has dealt with since the campaign. Really no comparison. Obama beat the odds to get to The White House fair and square. Bush's ascent to the Oval Office was an entirely different ball game. I do not think that you will ever see another POTUS make more attempts to reach across the aisle as Obama has, unfortunately, this will be to his detriment. Considering the fact that he is a very educated and intelligent man, I do not believe that he had any concept of the actual amount of disdain and resentment that was waiting for him once he took office. I watched an interview with some writer the other night and he made a remark in reference to Obama's incredible ability to really listen to and consider all sides of a debate, you cannot deny that we have witnessed this, so give credit where credit is due.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,454,914 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Camping!
Well, I am a real conservative with more then '10' rep points so here is my take on Obama;

He is exceptionally well spoken and reminds me of Reagan when giving speeches.
I love the fact that the white house has little kids in it again.
I do believe that he truly believes that everything he wants to accomplish will benefit our country and citizens.
"more than '10' rep points" That made me chuckle.

I'm don't consider myself conservative, but I"m just saying this is a great post. If I were conservative, I'd say the exact same things.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM

124 posts, read 162,774 times
He's "articulate and bright and clean"

Old 09-19-2009, 09:21 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,379,308 times
He has mastered the use of the teleprompter.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,868,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Please remain positive. There are plenty of threads to do otherwise. Thank you for your cooperation.
Does this mean that you dont want individuals disputing the lies on the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies