Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:41 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All the programs and policies that have captured or killed AQ operatives were put in place by Bush.

Obama is in the process of tearing those programs apart, inviting more attacks.
Yup...wait till Holder and Obama finish castrating the intelligence community, then we'll see how safe we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 12:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This thread isnt about waterboarding, its about how you claim Obama has kept us safer.. Jees, you cant even stay on topic on your own thread...
I posted this, so why are you dictating what the thread is about? Do I have to rephrase the entire OP to suit your lack of ability to connect dots?

We are safer because Obama has mandated the elimination of the Bush/Cheney Crime Family's torture policies. This latest suspect has already stated that he will cooperate and it is reported that he just might be a treasure trove of information.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All the programs and policies that have captured or killed AQ operatives were put in place by Bush.

Obama is in the process of tearing those programs apart, inviting more attacks.
National Security Adviser: US Safer Under Obama

Jones, speaking to an Atlantic Council forum, countered that, "I firmly believe that the United States is not only safe, but will be more secure, and the American people are increasingly safer because of the president's leadership that he has displayed consistently over the last four months both at home and abroad."

Jones said that Guantanamo has served as a recruitment tool for insurgents, and as a result has probably created more terrorists than it detained.

National Security Adviser: US Safer Under Obama - ABC News

Old 09-19-2009, 12:52 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
The OP doesn't get it...Obama is setting us all up so that the next president will face an attack...since he is lowering our safety so much. The terrorist have a chance now to come up with new plans which were impossible under Bush....

Old 09-19-2009, 12:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
We are safer because Obama has mandated the elimination of the Bush/Cheney Crime Family's torture policies. This latest suspect has already stated that he will cooperate and it is reported that he just might be a treasure trove of information.
Who needs torture when prosecutors can guarantee you will go into a prison population full of White Supremacists and you will share a cell with three of the biggest and grizzlest homicidal rapists in the place. Yeah, they don't torture.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Obama hasn't had enough time to indict and emasculate the entire intelligence community yet.
According to the Nuremberg Doctrine, of which we are signatories, we are Treaty Bound to Bring to Justice those who have committed War crimes as defined by the Nuremberg Doctrine, not our Congress

Old 09-19-2009, 01:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
I posted this, so why are you dictating what the thread is about?
Yeah, I know, you never cease to provide me humor, especially considering you get your "ideas" from other left wing kook sites.. You do understand that we can easily google this and get the other sites where this is being repeated dont you?
Quote:
We are safer because Bush/Cheney took out the terrorists camps and disassembled the network.

And you think I need help connecting the dots...

Old 09-19-2009, 01:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
National Security Adviser: US Safer Under Obama

Jones, speaking to an Atlantic Council forum, countered that, "I firmly believe that the United States is not only safe, but will be more secure, and the American people are increasingly safer because of the president's leadership that he has displayed consistently over the last four months both at home and abroad."

Jones said that Guantanamo has served as a recruitment tool for insurgents, and as a result has probably created more terrorists than it detained.

National Security Adviser: US Safer Under Obama - ABC News
Imagine the odds that someone who works for, and was hired by Obama, and took his position as National Security Advisor, wow, the very same day that Obama was sworn in, would praise him.. The odds must be astronomical..

Old 09-19-2009, 03:12 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Is that how the Bush administration failed on 9/11?
Every government agency failed on 9/11.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:47 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, I know, you never cease to provide me humor, especially considering you get your "ideas" from other left wing kook sites.. You do understand that we can easily google this and get the other sites where this is being repeated dont you?

We are safer because Bush/Cheney took out the terrorists camps and disassembled the network.

And you think I need help connecting the dots...
Oh there's one that needs proving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies