Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:49 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The financial statistics of the industry as a whole, which you would know if you clicked the link.
I checked the link.......

The home health care industry (which is what and who?), not the health insurance industry.

try again.

Last edited by plannine; 09-21-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I was alive in those days as well. Our local Doctor basically told his patients to stop drinking, take a couple of aspirin and get some rest and stitched up a kids hand without anesthetic. That was my memory of medicine 55 years ago.

No thanks; I take a Uniform Health Care system supported by real progressive income taxes. We do not need private sector bureaucrats deciding how much we will pay and what we will get from private sector for profit insurance companies.

That's pretty much most peoples view of it 'before' the insurance industies entry to the field.

I remember, if I felt sick at work, going to the company nurse, who might sent me to the company doctors office. Even if you had just a cold or tempeture, you had to see the company nurse before you'd get 'excused' for the day. I remeber when my appendix burst, the surgery was paid for by the companies insurance, but I had to pay for the initial ER doctor/visit, since I didn't get to the company nurse first.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You can quote all the statistics you can find. When a pair of eyeglasses costs $1200, something is WRONG. And if the President is the only person in a position of authority willing to do something about that, then he deserves a hell of a lot more support than he's getting.
Too bad 0bamaCare will not bring down costs, since it does nothing to address health care costs, all it does is absorb them. Your hideously expensive glasses will still cost $1,200.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Health Care Plans Overview: Industry Center - Yahoo! Finance

How outrageous! Profits of a little more than 3%!

This cannot stand!

I guess obama can't really demonize those Americans who are happy with their HC - about 85%.

He's got to find someone to demonize and target as the "enemy".

Never thought I'd see a US President so bent on targeting and demonizing those entities that are an integral part of US growth.
Evidently you don't read your own post? That's a stock ticker you just posted today see: Trade Time:11:01am ET. Do you know anything about stocks? Anything?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Evidently you don't read your own post? That's a stock ticker you just posted today see: Trade Time:11:01am ET. Do you know anything about stocks? Anything?
Cherry picking and grasping at straws are favorite pastimes of the extreme right.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Cherry picking and grasping at straws are favorite pastimes of the extreme right.
you got that right...

Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,604,271 times
Plenty of ways to get around 'profit' in large organizations; all they have to do is pay very high salaries and lots of perks, and get off not having to pay taxes by being 'non-profit'. Lot's of abuse there too.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:21 AM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You can quote all the statistics you can find. When a pair of eyeglasses costs $1200, something is WRONG. And if the President is the only person in a position of authority willing to do something about that, then he deserves a hell of a lot more support than he's getting.
this comment defy's logic.

first, the presidents plan doesnt cover eyeglasses.

second the cost of eyeglasses have nothing what so ever to do with Insurance companies.

third, the existance of $1200 eyeglasses does not in any way imply that other eyeglasses dont cost $50.

eye glasses that cost $1200 do so because some designer decided to make them and some person thought it was a good buy.

Blame humans for spending $1200 on eye glasses when they could have spent less than 10% of that figure if they wanted to.

Where is Joe McCarthy when you need him????

Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 AM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
maybe these will help you. the point was evidently solid

Profit Margin: Health Insurance Industry Ranks #86*-- MrSwing

Industry Browser - Healthcare - Health Care Plans Industry - Company List

No individual company had a Net profit margine of10%. Only 1 had a profit margin over 5%

Old 09-21-2009, 09:46 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
Anyone really believe these numbers? I do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies