Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times

Advertisements

israel
..............dont know what causes it
calculus instead of hip hop?
just guessing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:00 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,154,565 times
There is something do the gene pool thing re: intelligence athletics, creativity, etc.

People don't like to talk about it but on average specific ethnic groups perform better in certain categories. Without question, those gifted groups might work harder at it their attributes but correlations do exist.

Abstract Thinking: India.
Creativity: Jewish (Think Movies; Books).
Drive: Jewish; Asian Countries.
Athletics: African.
Mechanics: German.
Logic: Russians.

If you have two athletes that have a child, on average that child will be a gifted athlete. If you have gifted mathematicians, most likely their child will also be gifted in math. It's a lot more complicated that your gene pool but correlations exist. If your culture for one reason or another has a lot of gifted (fill in the blank) then mysteriously you will start to see trends. When you are good at something, you enjoy the topic and that enhances the stereotype.

If you don't believe me, just watch the movie Crash; it's non-fiction.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Abstract Thinking: India.
Creativity: Jewish (Think Movies; Books).
Drive: Jewish; Asian Countries.
Athletics: African.
Mechanics: German.
Logic: Russians.
My encyclopedia (Funk & Wagnalls) indicates otherwise in regards to abstract thinking and creativity. In regards to innovations in math, science, engineering, and various other similar disciplines, I'd say Europeans are overwhelmingly prevalent.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastisover View Post
Name one from a Black person, born and educated in Africa.

We could name practically everything around us from Europeans/Whites.

To say that every race is equal and has contributed towards the technological advancement of the world is absolutely ridiculous and even anyone who has taken a basic glance at who has invented what can see that.
Some say ignorance is bliss...well it's time for you to wake up!!

This is Timbuktu,
in addition to being the first organised places of scholarship they studied and perfectes many differing subjects.

"..Their contents are didactic, especially in the subjects of astronomy, music, and botany. More recent manuscripts deal with law, sciences and history.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu

Africans have never had the totality of their collective contributions and inventions recognised by colonial and modern day Europeans.

I can site many black men and women whose inventions allowed not only America but the world to function more efficiently.
http://inventors.about.com/od/blacki..._inventors.htm

Please do your own research, it gets tiring trying to point out people's ignorance of the world they live in!!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker2009 View Post
What countries have the smartest people on average? I know this is a touchy subject but it's true that some places on earth have people that are just more capable than others.

What causes some countries to have more intelligent people on average than other countries?

The USA has a lot of smart people but it has many people from all over the world.
I will say it.......USA

Old 09-23-2009, 08:36 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker2009 View Post
What countries have the smartest people on average? I know this is a touchy subject but it's true that some places on earth have people that are just more capable than others.

What causes some countries to have more intelligent people on average than other countries?

The USA has a lot of smart people but it has many people from all over the world.

I think the more relevent question is why do the worlds smartest people flock to the US?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,353 times
The country with the best educated populous is Singapore I believe. As to smarts I think that varies by the person.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
i think the more relevent question is why do the worlds smartest people flock to the us?
lol

SPEECHLESS

SPEECHLESS

IS IT 1939?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
lol

Huh?

http://www.aneki.com/nobel.html

One measure.

http://www.aneki.com/most_educated.html

And another.

http://www.aneki.com/students.html

How about this?

http://www.aneki.com/billionaires.html

Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I have no idea. I guess the obvious answer would be China or Japan. I would assume that they place a LOT of pressure & emphasis on education. There have been quite a few public cases of kids committing suicide because they weren't doing as well as they felt their family thought they should be doing. That's pretty sad actually.
Countries with emphasis on education? Oh please! Education has a way of destroying your intelligence, which is why we squander so much money on education. That's the dream of any Government, destroy the intelligence of its citizens, turn everyone into puppets. Great way to control revolutions.

I've traveled to a great many third world countries with little emphasis on education and I met some of the most intelligent people imaginable. My Mexican roommate with 6 years of education is living proof of that. Sailing right through this recession as if he was on a sailboat. I so envy his security with my college education.

Kids committing suicide in Japan over education matters. That idiocy speaks for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies