U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 02:07 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,246,920 times

Advertisements

It seems that Bertha Lewis's rolodex fell into the wrong hands and now some real truths that Obama will have to deal with concerning ACORN will have to cause them some troubles. ACORN, SEIU, the New Party, fusion, and many other things about his elections will come out, at least in the blogoshpere and eventually in the MSM. This is going to be all kinds of fun, I think.

Inside The ACORN Rolodex: ACORN Has Its Own Political Party Other Than the Democrats - Erick’s blog - RedState

Our Embarrassment - Barack Obama - GordonTaylor’s blog - RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM

I see that most don't know about the Rolodex. Well here is some more information about and from it that may not make many here very happy. I think that the fit has hit the shan and it will get better and better.

Here is the transcript from the Glenn Beck program this afternoon that explains a lot about how this Rolodex got from Lewis's office to some other people. It must be very important since Media Matters is on it so tough. Here is the link to said transcript.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: Who's on the rolodex of ACORN CEO?

Don't read that horrible thing if it comes from Glenn Beck.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:02 PM

5,370 posts, read 4,646,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that most don't know about the Rolodex. Well here is some more information about and from it that may not make many here very happy. I think that the fit has hit the shan and it will get better and better.

Here is the transcript from the Glenn Beck program this afternoon that explains a lot about how this Rolodex got from Lewis's office to some other people. It must be very important since Media Matters is on it so tough. Here is the link to said transcript.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: Who's on the rolodex of ACORN CEO?

Why should I care who is in someones Rolodex?

I have over 3700 people in my address book, including politicians from both parties (from Mayors to Senators), their press secretary and in some cases their chief of staff or campaign manger, sometimes home or cell numbers. I also have union heads, ceo's of many fortune 500 companies and many many others.

If in your business you meet alot of people, you collect alot of numbers. You may never call them, but you always hang on to them, just in case you might need to contact them.

So I don't care who is in the Rolodex.

But it certainly sounds like somebody was receiving stolen property, and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
[just like anyone else, including Acorn staffers, if they have done something that is illegal]

Last edited by plannine; 09-23-2009 at 03:17 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Why should I care who is in someones Rolodex?

I have over 3700 people in my address book, including politicians from both parties (from Mayors to Senators), their press secretary and in some cases their chief of staff or campaign manger, sometimes home or cell numbers. I also have union heads, ceo's of many fortune 500 companies and many many others.

If in your business you meet alot of people, you collect alot of numbers. You may never call them, but you always hang on to them, just in case you might need to contact them.

So I don't care who is in the Rolodex.

But it certainly sounds like somebody was receiving stolen property, and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
[just like anyone else, including Acorn staffers, if they have done something that is illegal]
I guess you didn't want to comment on either of the first two links in this thread. You seem to have just jumped in and started attacking the messenger for being so ridiculous. If we have enough people in this country like you in not caring about things like that then I am sure that Obama is a guaranteed success in his attempt to be the dictator of the nation.

You sound like the old gal from Marlyand who wanted to investigate those two "cubs" for outing the ACORN people in Baltimore. Never mind what they exposed when it is so important that they may have acted illegally. What a pile of Pelosi!!!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,868,721 times
Quote:

Good ole' investigative journalism! If this guy keeps digging, he'll come up with something. I have no doubt!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:51 PM

26,868 posts, read 19,103,609 times
Quote:
You sound like the old gal from Marlyand who wanted to investigate those two "cubs" for outing the ACORN people in Baltimore. Never mind what they exposed when it is so important that they may have acted illegally. What a pile of Pelosi!!!!!
The Associated Press: ACORN sues hidden-camera filmmakers

Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 PM

7,728 posts, read 11,042,333 times
Beck is not a journalist,... he's "an opinion guy".

Beck "sorry" for way he "phrased" claim that Obama is "a racist," calls it a "serious question" | Media Matters for America

Old 09-23-2009, 04:18 PM

5,370 posts, read 4,646,265 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't want to comment on either of the first two links in this thread. You seem to have just jumped in and started attacking the messenger for being so ridiculous. If we have enough people in this country like you in not caring about things like that then I am sure that Obama is a guaranteed success in his attempt to be the dictator of the nation.

I read the 'redstate' opinions, and i heard the beck interview, but i see you didn't read my comment
Quote:
[....should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law just like anyone else, including Acorn staffers, if they have done something that is illegal]
May have done something illegal and did something illegal is a big difference, and thats all there is, isn't it.

What a bunch of Bush.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:21 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,004,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Dan Rather was a journalist though and because of that we should listen to everything he says, right?

Dismissing someone because of such reason stated is foolish. Listen to what he has to say and agree or disagree, not based on what you think he is.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:25 PM

7,728 posts, read 11,042,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Dan Rather was a journalist though and because of that we should listen to everything he says, right?

Dismissing someone because of such reason stated is foolish. Listen to what he has to say and agree or disagree, not based on what you think he is.
I did listen to what he said. He Said "I am not a journalist, I am an opinion guy". It's on the video shown at the link I provided.

Last edited by msina; 09-23-2009 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: add explaination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies