Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

jimmy carter was right what we are seeing is not patriotism at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I'm calling BS on your post and I am a gay man.

His comment of "White people need to be forced to step down" is indeed bigoted and racist. His comment instead should be "Black people need to step up their game and work harder to get to the top".

You don't get to the top simply by calling for others to step down. You get to the top by working hard. As a gay man at my company, I am within the top tier, only the CEO spot is higher. Many white, straight men report into me. I didn't get my position by resenting white, straight men or saying they needed to step aside. I got my position by working my ass off and being better qualified. I earned the position.
You're the MAN!!! Way to put it!!! Bravo.....
Nothing shall be handed to anyone.....right?
Get out there and WORK.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times
Default edited to add-

......to my OP that I meant to say 'racist', and not white racist....TIA for accepting my humble apology.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:19 PM

29 posts, read 36,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So people who use color as the sole descripter of a large group of people i.e. 'white people need to step down' does not sound racist to you?

Lets do a little game.....if this was a Bush apointee who said 'black people need to step down' or 'hispanic people need to step down' or 'asian people need to step down' would you still think that is not racist?

Furthermore, don't you see that by naming men like this as 'czar' of whatever and not condemning their racism (or bigotry if you prefer) is playing into the neonazis paranoia and propaganda that Obama is going to get some kind of vengeance for the black man? Seriously, wtf is the matter with this administration that they don't think that this type of unacceptable 'hate speech' is not going to come out?
Many great points. Unfortunately, for the majority of democrats, there is no balance. They are free to give it out, but when it comes to taking it, well, that just doesn't fly. If Dems say something remotely controversial, it's excused because somehow being liberal is being open-minded. For a Republican to make any comment remotely controversial or not, it's all about racism, bigotry & closeminded. So sad.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
You don't know what real racism is, racism is the white privilege and white power structure in this country today that keeps people of color in the lower ranks of society to do menial work for rich white people.
True true, Good for Obama and the changes he brings.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:29 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The OP means that he is a black man who is racist against whites. I agree that I would call him a black racist but it might be a little more clear to just call him a racist.

- Reel
Pretty much... racism is racism. There is no reverse and no race is entitled to be prejudiced against another race or presume that another race is engaged in a conspiracy. There are too many people with too much demographic variety in each race to group us as "whites" and "blacks" any longer. People in all races have both prospered and been downtrodden. Anyone who frames any current issue as whites vs. blacks is an idiot. Racism and privileged/hindered opportunities certainly still exist, but whites vs. blacks is history. Simple as that.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,720 times
hhhmmm...it's amazing what a strong work ethic can do for a person. i'm hispanic/accountant American first and it worked for me . guess what, i taught my kids the same thing, one just graduated and can't wait to work and go back for her masters and the other two are in college.

my parents, came here in the '50's with only the clothes on their backs and a strong work ethic...

reverse racism is an excuse and a cop out...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM

294 posts, read 412,603 times
GOOD post! this a fine example of idea of the white is the cancer .The idea that whites are the cause of the problems and things will be better if we get out of the way or in this case stand down.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:34 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
The true tyrants are the ultra-rich, many of whom are not white.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
GOOD post! this a fine example of idea of the white is the cancer .The idea that whites are the cause of the problems and things will be better if we get out of the way or in this case stand down.
it's absolutely ludicrous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies