Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:47 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Roger and Me" was funny. The rest are angry diatribes and are not funny. He is the personification of Jabba the Hut with the personality of Rosey O'Donnel rolled into one, fat fleshy being.
Well that all sounds like the typical American these days. I guess that makes Michael a real American.

I'm sure lots of these forum members are just as fat as him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Funny how he makes an invalid, opinonated movie entitled "Sicko" while he's an obese pile of goo.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Is Limbarge a muckraker or just a sassy loud mouth?
I don't listen to much Limbaugh, but if he is drawing attention to corporate and governmental corruption in an attempt to change society for the betterment of those who generally do not have a political or economic voice, then perhaps.

For a list of contemporary muckrakers - see here. If you feel that Limbaugh should be included, then make your case.

Muckraker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-23-2009, 05:51 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
He certainly shows the world that we are not all right wing religious warmongering occcupying,...etc and that is good for America.....the world is less likely to blow us all up at once.
Wow!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
In my opinion, they both exemplify their respective party's true ideals.
I don't think either party represents the "truth" of either conservatism or liberalism though. They have watered down the meanings of all these descriptors to win votes and influence that nobody knows what any of it means anymore. Just my opinion as well.

One thing I'm damned certain of is that neither one of them represents me.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Funny how he makes an invalid, opinonated movie entitled "Sicko" while he's an obese pile of goo.
He's obese just like half of the country is obese. But one thing is for sure: The guy is smarter than any conservative out there.

And that is not necessarily saying the man is smart, as it is saying those who are offended by his exposing of right wing lies are just plain stupid.

And in this country, its very hard to fix stupid when its wrapped up in right wing propaganda.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He's obese just like half of the country is obese. But one thing is for sure: The guy is smarter than any conservative out there.

And that is not necessarily saying the man is smart, as it is saying those who are offended by his exposing of right wing lies are just plain stupid.

And in this country, its very hard to fix stupid when its wrapped up in right wing propaganda.

LMAO!!!! Yeah he is laughing at you libs all the way to the bank. Keep spending your money to make him RICH! Oh the evil rich, ops wait that is for CEO's only. Actors and sports figures that make obscene money don't count as evil. and you call conservatives stupid.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
LMAO!!!! Yeah he is laughing at you libs all the way to the bank. Keep spending your money to make him RICH! Oh the evil rich, ops wait that is for CEO's only. Actors and sports figures that make obscene money don't count as evil. and you call conservatives stupid.
If you saw his latest doc. "Sicko", and how nationalized healthcare works in Canada, France and England, and then see and hear people like you argue against it, it is reason number 1,637,345 of why conservatives are clueless.

Moore makes exposing this humorous. The guy is good.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If you saw his latest doc. "Sicko", and how nationalized healthcare works in Canada, France and England, and then see and hear people like you argue against it, it is reason number 1,637,345 of why conservatives are clueless.

Moore makes exposing this humorous. The guy is good.

You forgot how he made the claim that Cuba's health care was so great also.

And BTW all of those countries have a hell of a lot LESS people then we do. A plan like theirs would not work here. That has been agreed to even by Obama. Ugh!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I like Moore and believe he is very good for America. I just saw him on Larry King and enjoyed that too.

I saw Sicko and found many of the issues and stats to be noteworthy. Of course he has a certain point of view, so what, we all do, and do all the talking heads on TV and radio and in Congress.

People need to keep an open mind on all these things. I like all the blessings that competition and capitalism have given us, but we need to keep things under control to prevent abuses and to assure fairness to all.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies