Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Cool, the rest of us are laughing on the floor with the notion that you believe Palin is a powerful political analyst.
Based on the demand for her presence, in the print media, on the broadcast channels, on the cable stations, on talk radio, at all kinds of political and non-political events....yeah.

Her role is perfect.....campaign and raise money for 2010, pound away on obama's failed policies and increase her FP/NS creds.

Her debut was just right.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,720 times
Sarah is getting better and better and the left is petrified of her. teleprompter man doesn't seem to be um ah um ah um improving a bit...

...and he's too arrogant to even try...can't wait til he gets the boot!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Bush Administration Mortgages U.S. to Red China Over NAFTA Trade
Pin that right on Bubba's butt.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
I don't know but the Hebrew word 'Zanah' is a good fit.
Excellent suggestions! I was thinking "Meshugana," but you've both done a better job...Judyass Zanah Meshugana...it has a nice ring to it, and fits well.
Benedicta Arnold...not too shabby as a back-up. Or just plain "traitor."
The left is "terrified?" Not at all...she's an object of ridicule, and justifiably so.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:49 PM

Sorry, the "traitor" talking point from the Left won't fly here. However, I know someone who actually has been around the world, bad-mouthing the US every chance he's had.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Im not talking about teleprompters.
Nor did I say that you had.

sorry facts cause you people so many problems.

Talking about domestic economic issues has always been "fair game"

What we never do (or used to never do) is discuss foreign policy in a way that differs with the sitting president, while overseas.

Palin didnt do that. you dont have an arguement.
Nor did I say that you had; that comment was an observation of the thread, not a comment to a specific poster.
What "facts" are a "problem" to "you people?" And who is considered "you
people?" Those who describe an action accurately? I think not.
Sure, domestic issues are "fair game" in a speech, just not slamming your
own country for money before an audience of Communists.
She certainly did do exactly that, and I'm not debating anyone...it's a fact!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:03 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Based on the demand for her presence, in the print media, on the broadcast channels, on the cable stations, on talk radio, at all kinds of political and non-political events....yeah.

Her role is perfect.....campaign and raise money for 2010, pound away on obama's failed policies and increase her FP/NS creds.

Her debut was just right.
She's an ENTERTAINER. She's a circus side show that people are willing to pay money to hear and see. They're all waiting for another one of her famous gaffes. Heck if I wasn't saving money for a month long trip to New Zealand, I'd pay to see her! I enjoy comedy!! The only thing Palin knows about politics is how to QUIT! Those are her 'creds'!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
In another time and place the despicable (and sometimes tragic figures) Blumenthal describes would be the leaders of, or the participants in, local lynch mobs, or the followers of the Ku Klux Klan. But today figures such as James Dobson, Pat Robertson, (the late) Jerry Falwell, Newt Gingrich, and Sarah Palin have led a resentment-driven second American revolution, not just against Democrats and progressives but against the United States of America itself. And this group of outsiders (in every sense of that word ) now control one of our major political parties.

Frank Schaeffer: Max Blumenthal vs. The Far Right "God" Of Dumb Hate

After this display of Palin's, I'd say Blumenthal nails it.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
getting that affliction treated.
Chapstick?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
She's an ENTERTAINER. She's a circus side show that people are willing to pay money to hear and see. They're all waiting for another one of her famous gaffes. Heck if I wasn't saving money for a month long trip to New Zealand, I'd pay to see her! I enjoy comedy!! The only thing Palin knows about politics is how to QUIT! Those are her 'creds'!
Can't rep you again yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies