Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
then post some. I don't need any from a liberal site. Anything from MSM would be fine. ... I know I know MSM is liberal to you all. Humor me and post something other than an opinion piece if you want to be taken seriously.
Because the MSM is always correct (Dan Rather)?

This is the cop out I hate on a site like this. If the opinion piece doesn't agree with what you think it is obviously bogus. It is so easy to dismiss something because it is told by a person like Beck or Olbermann. Address the issue, not the messenger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Because the MSM is always correct (Dan Rather)?

This is the cop out I hate on a site like this. If the opinion piece doesn't agree with what you think it is obviously bogus. It is so easy to dismiss something because it is told by a person like Beck or Olbermann. Address the issue, not the messenger.
I already said I wouldn't defend his actions, if they are indeed true. It is hard to take seriously when I google and don't find one single news story on it.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:10 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,491 times
Quote:
I already said I wouldn't defend his actions, if they are indeed true. It is hard to take seriously when I google and don't find one single news story on it.
Didn't it take Glenn Beck to bust wide open the Jones situation?

There is definite s--t going on right now (don't get me wrong, it didn't just start in the past year) in a whole lot of situations.

You said you were going to wait for the MSM to report. Weren't they the last to report the corruption with ACORN? ACORN corruption has been know by anyone who has at all paid attention for quite a long time.

Im not defending Republicans or Democrats here. Our WHOLE Government is being proven to be corrupt as s--t. I just get tired of the whole Mainstream vs. Fox bulls--t. It seems that whenever something negative comes out the easy thing to do is fall back on the whole "false story" excuse.

Let me just state also that if Zack Greinke doesn't win the Cy Young we will DEFINITELY know something sinister is going on in this country

Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
then post some. I don't need any from a liberal site. Anything from MSM would be fine. ... I know I know MSM is liberal to you all. Humor me and post something other than an opinion piece if you want to be taken seriously.
I have no stake in this game. Don't take me seriously then.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
I already said I wouldn't defend his actions, if they are indeed true.
Head of Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools Expresses Regret for Controversial Incident - Political Punch

Quote:
Jennings today issued a statement saying, “Twenty-one years later I can see how I should have handled the situation differently. I should have asked for more information and consulted legal or medical authorities.
But, he said this in 2004 about the same incident;

Quote:
Today’s statement is a departure from the posture Jennings took in 2004, when he protested Lenning’s campaign against him, saying that the “comments and accusations made by Diane Lenning regarding my career while I served as a teacher at Concord Academy were not only personally hurtful but inaccurate and potentially libelous."
Surround yourself with radicals that have not been put through the confirmation process and this is what you get.

So basically he admitted to ignoring a case of statutory rape, neglecting to report.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Apparently a the words out of his own mouth wouldn't persuade some...

Obama is an ideological demagogue with extreme narcissistic tendencies. There is nothing more to say and it's indefensible.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
'Judge me by the people with whom I surround myself.'-b.h. obama.
well alrighty then.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who just so happened to not report an incident of pedophilia to the authorities.

Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, Say He's Wrong Man for the Job - Political News - FOXNews.com

Gosh darn, where does he get this people? Oh, that's right! He has surrounded himself with such radicals for decades.

Safe Schools? Meaning safe for homosexuals? Is that his task? To promote homosexuality in schools?

This administration has sank to an all new low. This appointment is no more than a way to introduce children to homosexuality. This scum should be FIRED and never allowed around children. Between gays and left wingers they both seen to support child sex with adults. They all swim in a culture of degeneracy. If they are not supporting child/adult sex, they are rallying to the defense of child rapist.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Funny how FOX nominates everyone a "czar".

"Safe Schools Czar".. LOL

I'll bet the WH grounds keeper is the WH Graden Czar.

yada yada yada ...okay we get it. You don't like FOX. Fine.
But.....Ummm...don't you care about this guy's views?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Head of Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools Expresses Regret for Controversial Incident - Political Punch

But, he said this in 2004 about the same incident;

Surround yourself with radicals that have not been put through the confirmation process and this is what you get.

So basically he admitted to ignoring a case of statutory rape, neglecting to report.
I don't get where he admitted to ignoring a case of statutory rape, or neglecting to report it. He admitted he should have sought more information, and handled the situation differently. To me, that says he should have sought more information in order to determine if statutory rape was indeed happening, and if so, he would have then reported it. As for handling it differently, well, he should have been much less concerned with this person's short-term happiness with what was happening, and much more concerned with this student's long-term welfare. He chose being supportive and being this student's friend, when, as a counselor, he could have been supportive of the young man's sexual orientation, while also helping the young man deal with the associated challenges in an age-appropriate way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies