Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Hm, this is interesting. I hope they have their permits. But then again, would not having a permit to gather by the thousands make any difference? Let's just say, for instance, that thousands of Christians, or thousands of Jews, or thousands of Buddhists, or thousands of Hari Krishnas, or thousands of atheists, or thousands of wiccas, or thousands of any other organized/unorganized religion were to gather on the Capital Steps of these United States, to pray to whomever from 0400 to 1900 hours. Would this be allowed?

ISLAM ON Capitol hill

Somehow, I don't think so. For Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hari Krishnas to gather in one place for a prayer vigil would be most offensive to the muslims, to islam, to mohammed, don't you think? And we, the normal population of the United States, are no longer a Christian Nation, according to The One.

And here's a little more info for ya to grapple with, eh?

Muslims Are Meeting to Pray on the Capitol Steps on September 25, 2009-Truth!

Maybe all y'all who relish this should learn the prayer, in arabic, in the first URL, huh? Funny, the last statement on the first URL is: OUR TIME HAS COME

Anyone can pray on the steps of the capitol, its a free country.

Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander. I'm sure they had permits if their crowd was of that large a size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 04:22 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
OK, fair nuf, however, the point that one form of bigotry ('right wingers' disparaging all religions other than Christianity) makes another bigotry (left wingers bashing Christians) OK is counterproductive and misguided. It is the reason we have such deep divides in the US. I hate you , you hate me, we hate everybody. It is a natural reaction to return hate with hate or whatever emotion one wants to hang on the rifts we have. Nobody, left or right is innocent of judgmentalism and bigotry, and the louder each side denys their bigotry, the less credible they sound. Wecould all take an example from Islamic history as to what real tolerance can be like. When the Moores controled the city of Madrid, it was a palce of REAL diversity, tolerance and peaceful coexistance of different faiths and creeds. Everyone was welcome, to come and study and intermingle peacefully. Quite the diparity to how many view Islam today no?
Right. I agree. It is not right for the left or right to generalize as much as they do.

These days, you need common sense and logic. Sadly, most people do not. They reply on emotion which makes it harder to have civil debates and reach a good compromise.

I wish we could see how this hatred is eating at and destroying not just the country but the world.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
Quote:
The word is "smite," in context. God is God, I don't think He has a preference. I like your words, though, and sorry, my belief system is solid, on re-evaluation needed.
Thanks for the correction ....but God is unbound by time or space.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,121 times
Do the words, "Our Time Has Come" concern anyone?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Hm, this is interesting. I hope they have their permits. But then again, would not having a permit to gather by the thousands make any difference? Let's just say, for instance, that thousands of Christians, or thousands of Jews, or thousands of Buddhists, or thousands of Hari Krishnas, or thousands of atheists, or thousands of wiccas, or thousands of any other organized/unorganized religion were to gather on the Capital Steps of these United States, to pray to whomever from 0400 to 1900 hours. Would this be allowed?

ISLAM ON Capitol hill

Somehow, I don't think so. For Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hari Krishnas to gather in one place for a prayer vigil would be most offensive to the muslims, to islam, to mohammed, don't you think? And we, the normal population of the United States, are no longer a Christian Nation, according to The One.

Maybe all y'all who relish this should learn the prayer, in arabic, in the first URL, huh? Funny, the last statement on the first URL is: OUR TIME HAS COME
So what?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The only problem the Muslims could experience might have to do with haters showing up, and showing their ugliness. I hope it's a good gathering. But, tune in for the hate threads. I am sure someone will spew a lot of crap about "false gods" and towel heads. Be warned, though : Many Muslims are now wearing jeans and baseball hats. Digest THAT you phobes !!!!
Years ago I accidentally caught a Muslim coworker cheating during Ramadan. I walked into his office and he looked shocked and guilty and I apologized when I realized he was eating and I interrupted his lunch. The interruption wasn't the problem--it was the fact that he was eating lunch. He said he was just too hungry to make it through the fast that day and was afraid of being seen by other Muslims because another coworker had caught him drinking a can of soda earlier that week and reprimanded him. I promised him his secret was safe with me.

Our office was in the World Trade Center. On 9/11/01, he ran down those stairs right along with the rest of us. Oh yeah, and he doesn't wear a towel on his head. He's an engineer who is usually in the field, so he wears jeans and workboots and a hardhat. Imagine that.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
If God is a Christian and an American he will smote them. If he doesn't then you may have to re-evaluate your belief system.
I think you meant to say God will smite them. Smote is the past tense.

Yes, smiting should be left to God. One can happily await the smotation (I made that one up) or one can concentrate on being a better person themselves and do something productive with their lives and leave people to practice whatever religion they choose.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Do the words, "Our Time Has Come" concern anyone?
Not in a sinister way. It's their belief. They believe Islam will prevail just as Christians say the kingdom of God is at hand. Same idea.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Not in a sinister way. It's their belief. They believe Islam will prevail just as Christians say the kingdom of God is at hand. Same idea.
Yep. Same basic 'my invisible friend is better than your invisible friend' argument.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 PM

9 posts, read 5,321 times
Quote:

ISLAM ON Capitol hill

Let them have their prayer....I see no harm in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies