U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:03 PM

19,215 posts, read 13,698,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Oh, yeah?

What if it was the military snatching a tea party protester? You'd be flipping.
The tea party protesters ARE the military. Retired, that is!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 11:29 PM

1,542 posts, read 2,402,594 times
G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds' | Politics | The Observer

Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,362,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I was just sent the second video from a friend and was about to start a thread on it.

I'm really amazed that people can come on here and try to defend these actions during peaceful protests. Where was the crazy "anarchist" vandalism in these videos? Unfortunately this isn't surprising anymore, the unwarranted brutality nor the hypocrisy.
If you do a simple internet search you can find tons of videos showing the anarchists at this Summit doing what they do best, vandalizing and destroying things.

Oh, and in case this hasn't been posted yet,

The College Politico » Blog Archive » The Truth About the “Military Kidnapping” Video From the G-20

Edit: Ok, nevermind, this has already been cleared up thanks to Sanere and Groar

Old 09-26-2009, 02:10 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,600,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
If you do a simple internet search you can find tons of videos showing the anarchists at this Summit doing what they do best, vandalizing and destroying things.
And a simple internet search will also show videos of peaceful protests being violently disrupted by the police. How do you justify police brutality against innocent people? In the case of the University of Pittsburgh video the police were gassing students who were on campus and not in the streets. These aren't "anarchists", these are people you just think deserve to be treated lower then you because they don't share your beliefs.

I don't want the people who march in the teaparties to be forcefully removed from their protests. Why is it that the same people who giggle in masturbatory glee over the "millions" of protestors at 9/12 events, or the protestors carrying weapons at town halls, are the same folks who are so quick to pretend that everyone that protests against them is a criminal?

I supported the right of the idiots to carry weapons at Obama's events (you can look up my search history). Being true to my believes I support the right for whoever is protesting to have their constitutional rights respected. If you dittoheads don't feel the same way then I think you need to feel a bit of your own fascist medicine in the form of riot control, tasers, and limited free speech. Of course you'll pretend that ACORN did it instead of actually realizing the ****ed up situation that your messiahs put us in.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:16 AM

14,267 posts, read 16,779,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Gotta' love when the godvernment thugs are in action.
The Pittsburgh Police are not "government thugs" unless you are referring to local government.

There was no action taken by the military in Pittsburgh. Right wingers are trying to pin this on Obama, since he is Commander in Chief of the military, so they are saying the military used tear gas and sonic devices on protesters. Not true.

However, the cops definitely violated the rights of peaceful protesters who are protected by our Constitution. This is very disturbing. Unfortunately, the OP is twisting the facts to fit her agenda.

I'm going to post a couple of links. Tell me where it says soldiers were there to control the crowd.

[URL]http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/09/g20_protesters_in_pittsburgh_t.html[/URL]

[URL="http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=376535"][/URL]http://www.star-telegram.com/breaking_news/story/1632062.html (broken link)

[URL="http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jz5PoD9qb-An3UTF1pQjWpJgALBwD9AUJCRO1"]
[/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 09-26-2009 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: post links

Old 09-26-2009, 02:25 AM

That was an un-permitted march(impeding normal vehicular, bike and foot traffic) and vandalism by anarchists before it got to this point in this particular video. The students were curious and got mixed up in it, they should have known better. Many of the officers helping with security were from out of town and probably did not realize that that foot bridge goes directly into a courtyard for many of their dormitories.

All permitted marches were allowed to go on throughout the two days, many without any security used. Even non-permitted marches were allowed to go on so long as they did not impede normal vehicular, bike and foot traffic, and did not turn violent, which this one did, before you see this point in this video.

See the whole picture, folks.

Last edited by dugdogmaster; 09-26-2009 at 02:39 AM..

Old 09-26-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Maybe he's a wanted criminal. Most of the little punk anarchists need a good butt-kicking.
They did arrest a David Japenga. I also remember reading somewhere yesterday that they arrested someone who had international warrants on them self. I'll try and find it again.

Last edited by dugdogmaster; 09-26-2009 at 04:01 AM..

Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 AM

1,542 posts, read 2,402,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post

Oh, and in case this hasn't been posted yet,

The College Politico » Blog Archive » The Truth About the “Military Kidnapping” Video From the G-20

Edit: Ok, nevermind, this has already been cleared up thanks to Sanere and Groar

i read a similar explanation. arrested for vandilism? did that look like an arrest to you?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:40 AM

7,422 posts, read 14,304,254 times
the guy with international warrants was one of the greenpeace protesters who unfurled the sign on the bridge. they let everyone else go, but set a really high bail for him because of the warrants.

without the second photo, i'd guess that what was on the video was an undercover cop being pulled out of the protesters before mass arrests were made or teargas was deployed. but the photo of him cuffed and on the ground makes it look like it was indeed an arrest.

that can't have been david japenga (the guy who according to police did almost all of the property damage), because that was long before the property destruction started in oakland, possibly even before it started in bloomfield.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,121,991 times
Quote:
However, the cops definitely violated the rights of peaceful protesters who are protected by our Constitution. This is very disturbing.
How do you know they violated the rights of "peaceful" protesters?

According to the videos, those "peaceful" little anarchists didn't listen to the police, committed acts of vandalism and at one point did not have a permit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or