Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:48 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that you don't have to open the nice lady's posts. This is still a free country, for a while longer at least, and nobody told you that you had to open or even read those posts you hate so much.
Is it too much to ask people to spell words correctly?
or to form a sentence correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that you don't have to open the nice lady's posts. This is still a free country, for a while longer at least, and nobody told you that you had to open or even read those posts you hate so much.
I don't know about nice, but she's no lady - not with the kind of language SHE uses.

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Yes, people in other countries pay higher taxes and accept doing so to receive social services but Moore fails to describe how much more in taxes they are paying.When the income tax for a family with 2 children is 11.9 % in the United States and 43% in France, that is a large discrepancy and one that should be addressed. Would Americans with families be content paying almost 4 times as much in income tax to gain these social services? I don't know the answer to that but it would be nice if Moore provided those details. Of course, Moore deliberately leaves out this type of information and that's why he infuriates certain people.
It was only a 10 minute interview with Joy and Whoopi taking up 1/2 the time.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:56 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,841,719 times
Quote:
I have noticed that before, too, Tom. Do you suppose . . . . . . ?
I don't know!
Keith Olbermann has a startling tendency to drone on and on about the grammatical or technical errors contained in comments made by someone he doesn't agree with. He doesn't seem to address the substance of what was said.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:57 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Health care is taken out of your pay check if you are an employee and the rest is paid by the employer (majority part)...
Yes many employers pay the majority, many do not. You, living in Florida, should know this, after all it being a right to work state and a place many retire to with fixed incomes. No loads of cash to be made let alone employers forking over tens of thousands of dollars to their employees health insurance per year.
Also there are many employers who do not contribute nothing any longer because they can not afford it and that number is climbing causing the crisis we have now and will be the bain of the republican party soon enough.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:58 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times
Quote:
Yes, people in other countries pay higher taxes and accept doing so to receive social services but Moore fails to describe how much more in taxes they are paying.When the income tax for a family with 2 children is 11.9 % in the United States and 43% in France, that is a large discrepancy and one that should be addressed. Would Americans with families be content paying almost 4 times as much in income tax to gain these social services? I don't know the answer to that but it would be nice if Moore provided those details. Of course, Moore deliberately leaves out this type of information and that's why he infuriates certain people.
Fair point.

As a European, we pay relatively high tax in this country.
We believe that it is civilised to pay taxes so that our citizens can avail of healthcare services, schools/education, proper transport facilities.

We don't subscribe to the US "eye for an eye" ethos.

I believe that the measure of a civilised society is the way in which that society treat the most vulnerable.
And by that measure, the USA is lacking.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:58 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Imagination??? Is that what Moore is displaying in his displays against capitalism? Do you have any proof that he shares the capitalistic wealth he accumulates with his "movies" with the poor people he supposedly stands up for? I didn't think so.
Some poor people are just kind of hard to stomach.

Watch the bunny try to bite the b*tch.

pets or meat?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:52 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
When the income tax for a family with 2 children is 11.9 % in the United States and 43% in France, that is a large discrepancy and one that should be addressed. Would Americans with families be content paying almost 4 times as much in income tax to gain these social services? I don't know the answer to that but it would be nice if Moore provided those details. Of course, Moore deliberately leaves out this type of information and that's why he infuriates certain people.
Speaking of leaving out some types of information, the 43% number for France is for total tax burden. The equivalent number for the US would be about 26%, not 11.9%, as that number refers to the burden from federal income tax only.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Apart from posting totally inept and convoluted messages which do not make sense, why can't you write in english?

This board uses the english language : most posters post using english.

The correct spelling is liar.

Your posts are literally packed with incorrect spelling, poor syntax, incorrect grammar.

Have a bit of respect for the Forum and it's members, by posting words with correct spelling/syntax/grammar.
I've disagreed with bentlebee a lot, but I believe English is her second language, so give her a break.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:29 PM

549 posts, read 1,664,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Michael Moore was just on the View explaining why he "loves" Obama and he is promoting his new movie...which probably is also full of lies!

He was stating why he was in favor of health care...

According to Michael Moore many countries in Europe have free health care, free schools, and free day care...

Well let me tell you this....it isn't for free, people pay very high taxes for it, but it isn't labelled "tax for school, tax for health care"...

Over here in Fl. part of our property taxes is to pay for the public schools, which I pay many times over since I own more than one home. In Europe we paid income taxes and many other taxes which are used to pay for schools, roads, etc..

Health care is taken out of your pay check if you are an employee and the rest is paid by the employer (majority part)...

So no Michael Moore, you need to get more info before you start to tell your non sense on tv!
You are quite misinformed. The majority of the people in Europe who make minimum wage or close to minimum wage pays almost no taxes. In the case of Ireland, they dont pay income taxes if they make minimum wage (1403 euros...more than 2000$) and they still have universal health care.
Europeans pay similar amounts of taxes (rates) compared to us.

WE ARE THE ONLY DEVELOPED COUNTRY IN THIS WORLD THAT DOESNT HAVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE.

EUROPE, AUSTRALIA, AND CANADA HAVE UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE. All those first worlders pay similar amount of taxes and many many of them even pay less taxes than us.

WE ARE THE ONLY SUPERPOWER THAT SPENDS BILLIONS AND BILLIONS IN MILITARY EXPENDITURES. There is the answer.

Any European, Australian, or Canadian would think your are if you think that universal heath care is wrong.

Michael Moore a Liar?

Please.... now I get what kind of Fox news Fanatic7lover you are.

YouTube - Michael Moore vs. Bill O'Reilly Pt. 1of 2

YouTube - Michael Moore vs. Bill O'Reilly Pt. 2of 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies