Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
WE ARE THE ONLY DEVELOPED COUNTRY IN THIS WORLD THAT DOESNT HAVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE.
Which is good. I don't want government-run "health care."

Quote:
Please.... now I get what kind of Fox news Fanatic7lover you are.

YouTube - Michael Moore vs. Bill O'Reilly Pt. 1of 2

YouTube - Michael Moore vs. Bill O'Reilly Pt. 2of 2
I remember seeing that on TV. As usual, O'Reilly made a lot more sense than MM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 01:33 AM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
[quote=Eduardo983;10926792]You are quite misinformed. The majority of the people in Europe who make minimum wage or close to minimum wage pays almost no taxes.

No kidding? People who don't make very much money pay almost no taxes? I would never have guessed that. It's completely different here in this country. Excellent point!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm surprised that Michael Moore chose to release his new movie in September 2009. It would seem that he would have had more impact (yes, he has ulterior motives) by releasing it closer to the 2010 mid-term elections. By this time next year, conservatives and independents will be mobilizing forces to crush Democrats at the polls, and Michael Moore's anti-capitalism movie will be a thing of the past.

Too bad for him that his love for Obama and Democrats will be of little relevance come 2010/2012.
Yeah. At that time we will be so "lucky" to have the likes of Sarah Palin and God knows who else vying for the Chief Executive Office. Yippee!

Last edited by Mr Floyd; 09-29-2009 at 12:27 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Is it too much to ask people to spell words correctly?
or to form a sentence correctly?
Gall durn it. I reckon it aint that important to get yerself an edjoomahkayshun.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Actually the poor in this country pay a substantial amount of non income taxes. I am not certain they are taxed as much in European countries.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Fair point.

As a European, we pay relatively high tax in this country.
We believe that it is civilised to pay taxes so that our citizens can avail of healthcare services, schools/education, proper transport facilities.

We don't subscribe to the US "eye for an eye" ethos.

I believe that the measure of a civilised society is the way in which that society treat the most vulnerable.
And by that measure, the USA is lacking.
Like it or not. It seems that if a government can't protect its "weakest" and can't protect its environment, it will fail. Who are the ones who need government assistance / protection? That's a whole other issue...

Old 09-29-2009, 01:02 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
His money is probably just as Kennedy's ...put in offshore accounts!

No free tickets but even for free I wouldn't spent my time on him...I just switched channels and kept watching it...what a disgrace to let a person say things like this without even knowing the facts!
He said on the view he does not have swiss bank accounts, or money in the stock market. If you watched you would know his employees get full health care (medical,dental,vision) paid for by the company, they get unlimited sick days off each year and full vacation benefits.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
He said on the view he does not have swiss bank accounts, or money in the stock market. If you watched you would know his employees get full health care (medical,dental,vision) paid for by the company, they get unlimited sick days off each year and full vacation benefits.
why shouldn't they? he is a rich capitalist!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:10 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
why shouldn't they? he is a rich capitalist!
And you point is? He's already said he is quite wealthy. He also says that he doesn't consider our system true capitalism.

But what was your point? That he is not allowed to criticize the system because he has benefitted from it?

Also, for the person that said he lived and worked in a NY penthouse. His studios are in Michigan and I believe he lives there also. So he is funelling his $$ back to Michigan.

If you are going to criticize, at least have a truthfull criticism

Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah...I notice that happens a lot...you must be mad ALL the time.

Ahh okay. Thanks for clearing that up
WTF, give the mad man a break!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies