Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:08 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times

Advertisements

Here are a few words to listen to in the mostly liberal media and here is the translation as to what they mean:

1. "Comprehensive Immigration reform": This means illegal alien amnesty for every illegal, specially the criminal ones, who in their minds are "victims" of American "oppression". Nothing done to secure the border. Setting up the stage for the next illegal alien amnesty in a few years.

2. "Hate Crimes Bill (2007)": This "shut the churches up" bill, is designed so that anyone, specially pastors of churches, say ANYTHING against homosexuality (even simply saying that is a sin in The Bible), they will be criminally charged with "hate speech". It is nothing more than an attack on Freedom of Speech (which liberals do not believe in, unless it is a liberal using it).

3. "Freedom Fighters": Terrorists who blow themselves up in Malls and marketplaces in Israel and Iraq, killing mostly women and children. That is Cindy Sheehan’s definition, supported by Rosie O'Donnell, and other liberals, including the infamous Jane Fonda.

4. "Little Eichmanns": That is the term used by the ultra-liberal Univ. of Colorado - Boulder professor Ward Churchill, to describe Americans who were murdered on 9/11. The term "Eichmanns" is used to say the innocent people who were murdered on 9/11 were Nazi oppressors (of whom, exactly ). Lovely!

5. "Wonderful people". That is Rosie's favorite term for describing the rogue "President" of Iran, who has vowed to provide nuclear weapons to other rogue Islamic nations, like Syria, and has vowed to use nukes against Israel.

6. "Pro-choice". This one is my favorite. Liberals say they are "pro-choice", but let's look at what the term really means. Are liberals 'pro-choice' of exercising my 2nd Amendment Rights? NO. Are liberals pro-choice to let me pay less taxes or being able to make my own healthcare decisions? NO.

So really, what they are is Pro-ABORTION. But using the "Pro-Abortion" term is "too harsh and unpopular", so they hide it under "pro-choice". Except that in liberal's minds, people have no choice, as the government can make all the decisions for you.

7. "Tolerance": Another favorite of mine. Liberals tolerate everything... as long as it does NOT go against what they believe in!! They will tolerate gay marriage, but if ANYONE dare say a word against gay marriage, liberals become intolerant, aggressive, and try to shut you down right away. Not very tolerant, huh?

Liberals do not think tolerance is a two-way street.

8. "Affirmative Action": See, the real term should be ' reverse discrimination', but that sounds bad. See, if you treat ANY race better than others, isn't that racist? No, not on liberal's minds.

9. "Undocumented worker": The term really is illegal alien, but it sounds bad, so liberals like to soften how it sounds.

10. "Substance-dependent person": The real term is usually DRUNK or CRACKHEAD, but liberals don't like that. See liberals love to justify bad behavior. They say everything can be justified... the guy kills and rapes a little girl... well he should NOT go to prison as 'he had a rough childhood'. Check out the liberal judges in Vermont... letting child molesters go home on probation.

Let's keep adding to our liberal dictionary, folks. There is a LOT more I could not list here due to size of doc limits!

Last edited by Nirvana-Guy; 05-04-2007 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 AM

1,247 posts, read 925,721 times
What is the point of this post? To start another argument?

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
No, to help regular folks understand what your liberals buddies are REALLY saying when they use deceptive terms.

Why did you respond if you don't like the topie? Sounds like YOU want to start an argument.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 AM

959 posts, read 2,360,306 times
Gotta agree with you on 2 big ones here NG:

Tolerance: the biggest bunch of PC crap; the word has no meaning anymore. It's been changed from basically "don't ask, don't tell...you don't like your neighbor's lifestyle, just keep to yourself" to "include everyone, no matter who/what, with open arms and wallets, and change speech patterns to reduce the risk of offending anyone, ever" (Thus, free speech, what most Dems and liberals say they'll die to defend, has essentially disappeared). I heard (probably on this board) that some school in MN built a FOOTBATH for devout Muslims. That ain't tolerance. That's pandering.

Affirmative Action: the biggest destructive force for minorities EVER. What a crock!

Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
What is the point of this post? To start another argument?

LF05 i notice that many posters on the left start threads that do nothing but to try and fuel the flames and nobody blinks an eye.
But when a conservative start a somewhat tongue in cheek thread about the left posters question the motive. Just my observation.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM

I have noticed that Hillary often begins her answer with phrases such as, "This is a great question" or "I am so glad you asked that question." It seems as if she is trying to hedge, or give herself some extra time to try and figure out how to answer without offending anyone.
She is also big on the term "working Americans" and likes to throw around the word choice.
I actually enjoy watching Hillary speak, it's as if I can see her calculating mind at work trying to dodge all possible pitfalls.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:37 AM

1,247 posts, read 925,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
LF05 i notice that many posters on the left start threads that do nothing but to try and fuel the flames and nobody blinks an eye.
But when a conservative start a somewhat tongue in cheek thread about the left posters question the motive. Just my observation.
Well, if those topics are about religion/abortion/etc, I usually steer clear. Their idiocy is self-evident. What I see in this thread is that there will be many people who actually agree with Nirvana-Guy, which is sad.

The liberal rants are typically on social issues. The conservative rants are all over the place.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Why is the idiocy self-evident? These are all topics that should be up for debate between all factions whether you're liberal or conservative. I've seen a lot of hate talk myself these days; and most of it seems to come from those with more liberal views. It's called "suppression of free speach," or at least the desire to suppress views that don't fit with the new liberal bias that is prevalent in the media. I have liberal friends who are some of the most honest, caring people that I could ever possibley know, so I have no hatred or dislike of people with a liberal bend - they're different views that make up this great country.

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Let's decode this rightwung BS:

Quote:
1. "Comprehensive Immigration reform": This means illegal alien amnesty for every illegal, specially the criminal ones, who in their minds are "victims" of American "oppression". Nothing done to secure the border. Setting up the stage for the next illegal alien amnesty in a few years.
This is s term thrown around by conservatives plenty, including at the GOp debate last night, so by default this is not a liberal term.

Quote:
2. "Hate Crimes Bill (2007)": This "shut the churches up" bill, is designed so that anyone, specially pastors of churches, say ANYTHING against homosexuality (even simply saying that is a sin in The Bible), they will be criminally charged with "hate speech". It is nothing more than an attack on Freedom of Speech (which liberals do not believe in, unless it is a liberal using it).
No, people have been harmed acts of crime based on hate. By your reasoning these people have not been hurt, because the only alleged crime is churches talking. Then you go off your fantasy about liberals and freedom of speech. I would say "nice try" but it's pathetic and slimey.

Quote:
3. "Freedom Fighters": Terrorists who blow themselves up in Malls and marketplaces in Israel and Iraq, killing mostly women and children. That is Cindy Sheehan’s definition, supported by Rosie O'Donnell, and other liberals, including the infamous Jane Fonda.
Freedom Fighter has been used by many groups with varying definitions. However your use of it is a way to say "terrerists" and include the mother of a fallen Iraq War Vet and entertainers in the same sentence. Yet another bogus "point." Usually I have to turn on Rush, Hannity, or O'Reilly to hear such garbage.

Quote:
4. "Little Eichmanns": That is the term used by the ultra-liberal Univ. of Colorado - Boulder professor Ward Churchill, to describe Americans who were murdered on 9/11. The term "Eichmanns" is used to say the innocent people who were murdered on 9/11 were Nazi oppressors (of whom, exactly ). Lovely!
The ultra- liberal that the right wing noise machine told me about! Oh Dear, a lone professor is = to half of the U.S. population's thought process.

I guess that everyone that watches the 700 Club or calls themselves a religious conservative wants the State Dept to get blown up, as Robertson suggested or for Supreme Court Justices to die and he wished.

Quote:
. "Wonderful people". That is Rosie's favorite term for describing the rogue "President" of Iran, who has vowed to provide nuclear weapons to other rogue Islamic nations, like Syria, and has vowed to use nukes against Israel.

Ok, I never watch or listen to Rosie, and I don't care of her, so if you want go on about her and say that she somehow supports these people (yeah uh-huh) then go ahead, but refer to your previous bogus "point."

Quote:
6. "Pro-choice". This one is my favorite. Liberals say they are "pro-choice", but let's look at what the term really means. Are liberals 'pro-choice' of exercising my 2nd Amendment Rights? NO. Are liberals pro-choice to let me pay less taxes or being able to make my own healthcare decisions? NO.
You should take a logic class and also do your homework on the issues. Liberals are not trying take your guns away and many have guns themselves. So another contrived strawman.

Quote:
7. "Tolerance": Another favorite of mine. Liberals tolerate everything... as long as it does NOT go against what they believe in!! They will tolerate gay marriage, but if ANYONE dare say a word against gay marriage, liberals become intolerant, aggressive, and try to shut you down right away. Not very tolerant, huh?
A liberal's view of tolerance is inclusionary. For conservative's it's exclusionary. Excluding good Americans of rights that other Americans have is exclusionary and that should not be tolerated. If it is in reference to churches - churches can do what they please, but marriage in a church and in law, are two different things.

Quote:
8. "Affirmative Action": See, the real term should be ' reverse discrimination', but that sounds bad. See, if you treat ANY race better than others, isn't that racist? No, not on liberal's minds.
Spoken like someone who doesn't know history. But please go ahead and enourage everyone to use that term, including your politicians, if you believe that, then be honest, all of you.

Quote:
. "Undocumented worker": The term really is illegal alien, but it sounds bad, so liberals like to soften how it sounds.
See #1 and then review Bush and other conservatives and their liberal use of the term.

Quote:
10. "Substance-dependent person": The real term is usually DRUNK or CRACKHEAD, but liberals don't like that. See liberals love to justify bad behavior. They say everything can be justified... the guy kills and rapes a little girl... well he should NOT go to prison as 'he had a rough childhood'. Check out the liberal judges in Vermont... letting child molesters go home on probation.
Hmm, I use drunk, crackhead, and other terms. Hmm, wait a second so does everyone I know. In fact, I don't know too many people who use the medical term you mention.... ask a doctor what he calls a crackhead.

What do you mean agree with NG? He is basically being tongue in cheek about the politicalese many engage in. And you are right it goes both ways but the left has definately taken it to new heights. It goes way back to the term "pro-choice" to cover up the distasteful stance of agreeing with abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies