Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
While insurance companies continue to rake in record profits
Another fallacy of the Left. 4% is not raking in record profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:48 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Are you guys still on this oil thing. We received ZERO Oil people, you all said we went there for oil. NO OIL so far.

And Bush freed 50 million Arabs from a murderous dictator.

Keep your list, Obama is not doing so darn good himself. 43 died just this month and the number continue to rise under Obama, all after he was asked to bring in more troops to help and forgot about it.
So, if it's not about oil, and profits haliburton and the other contractors are receiving, and possibly funneling the $$$$ to cheney and bush families, it surely couldn't have been about WMD's, because there wasn't any. Oh, did we start crap with Iraq based on faulty intelligence????!!!!! Bush freed 50 million arabs? That is a crock. Oh brother, give us another reason for invading a soverign nation please.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Another fallacy of the Left. 4% is not raking in record profits.
Only 4%? then it's not really a fallacy. I'd be comfortable if the percentage were 94%. And no, I'm not against companies making profits, but not on the backs of people who need medical care or are dying.
This isn't the health care thread anyway. Let's try to stay on topic.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:54 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default The Rage of the Right

The GOP that I voted for since the days of Nixon is now long gone, replaced by a lunatic fringe I don't recognize as rational. They're not only wrong, but they're being foolish at the top of their lungs.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Where is your example of one of the "numerous" times that Democrats tried to defund troops in Iraq??? Haven't seen that yet. Are you still thinking about it? How long do you think it will take?
How can you defund something that was not funded properly in the first place? My question is under the Bush administration there were wide spread profiteering, why was'nt anyone ever brought to justice?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Only 4%? then it's not really a fallacy. I'd be comfortable if the percentage were 94%. And no, I'm not against companies making profits, but not on the backs of people who need medical care or are dying.
This isn't the health care thread anyway. Let's try to stay on topic.
Oh, I see. It's perfectly fine for YOU to go off topic and bring the HC issue to the thread, but when someone responds, you remind them to stay on topic. I now see how this works.

Here's your "staying on topic".

Quote:
Without getting into a health care debate here: initially, the bill didn't pass the smell test in the senate finance committee. While insurance companies continue to rake in record profits, pay their CEO's as much as 24 Million (Million with a M) per year, while denying coverage to their customers, or cancelling them alltogether. Remember this: 43 million Americans without coverage, many families file bankruptcy or go broke when they can't pay out of their pockets = to, losing their homes, cars, jobs, and sometimes die.
And yeah, 4% profit for the industry as a whole.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Is this sarcasm or are you being serious? You do realize the current proposed health care reform will be relying on part of it's funding by taking 500 billion dollars (that's billion, with a "B") from Medicare over the next 10 years.....that John McCain, the republican candidate that ran against Obama was criticized by many for what they said was basically amnesty for people living in the U.S. illegally......that under the last administration, there were two Secretaries of State that were not only black but, one was a woman.....that when (as you put it) the blacks were in the south picking cotton, the south was all democrats.

When there's a presidential election, more or less half the country votes for the republican candidate and the other half for the democratic candidate. Obviously one wins but, the difference in the popular vote is usually close and in the most extreme case I think was 60/40 (give or take a percent)......independents (like myself) are the ones that determine who wins. You can't make generalizations about either party when so many people are involved, we're all individuals.....and the actions of a few, never represent the majority, especially when they're from the extreme.
I do take offense to using two "tokens" one was used and ignored (powell) and the other was strictly a "yes" woman, why did'nt you add Clarence clueless Thomas also? Out of the three C. Powell reputation was ruinined b/c of his involvement in Bush's administration. The only reason that he brought him aboard was STRICTLY for show and tell purposes. The good ole boys never paid him any attention especially after the UN mess

Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Your memory is short the addressed it and the Dem's filibustered. The Reps did not have the 60 votes that the Dem's have.
why are the Dem's even worried about the republicans.
My fraustration is not limited to the stupid reubs it is also directed to the spineless dumbocrats! I have always believed that a legit third party should run things. People need to realize that the difference between the two parties is only where they get their money from! They both act in their own best interest and not the people that elected them.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:48 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
According to data compiled annually by Fortune magazine concerning the most profitable industries in America, the third and fourth place finishers in 2008 were Pharmaceuticals at 19.3% and Medical Products & Equipment at 16.3%.

Energy, by contrast, was 41st at 0.9%, while Food ranked 43rd at 0.6%.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
According to data compiled annually by Fortune magazine concerning the most profitable industries in America, the third and fourth place finishers in 2008 were Pharmaceuticals at 19.3% and Medical Products & Equipment at 16.3%.

Energy, by contrast, was 41st at 0.9%, while Food ranked 43rd at 0.6%.
I have senior neighbors. Now I see why they're complaining about how much their medications are. Some people I know skip a daily pill, or cut one in half, to make them last longer. Is the cost directly attributed to the republicans?

Rage of the right, back on topic before the thread gets closed:
Here's some outrageous stuff, once again, the republicans are in the fear-mongering and misinformation mode. Criticizing the President for taking weeks, (too long) to decide if more troops are needed for dubya's wars. A female republican poitician said yesterday parts of the healthcare bill will be used to fund abortions.

After 8 years of lies and deceipt, how can any thinking American believe anything the repugs have to say? I think that's why they lost the election so badly, nobody believes their lies anymore. There's only a few holdouts (hardline repugs) left, most are on the P&OC forum spouting the lies, and keeping the fear mongering machine oiled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies