U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,364,678 times

Advertisements

Reputation is Everything: Honor Killings Among the Palestinians
Reputation Is Everything: Honor Killings Among the Palestinians

Murdered in the Name of Family Honor
Murdered in name of family honour | World news | The Guardian
(this one is about what happens to Muslims girls who try to marry Christian boys)

There are so many more, all you have to do is google "honor killings."

How could anyone think that Israeli Jews could possibly make peace with these rapists, thugs, and murderers? These are not just a few wacko residents; the entire judicial system REWARDS their crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 10:20 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,553,733 times
I know it wasn't your intention, but stay tuned to this thread and watch what's about to happen...

Old 09-27-2009, 01:44 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,942,142 times
I think all cultures are equally interesting, worthy of inclusion, and add to the 'mix'. People MAY be rapists, thugs, and murderers, just as you say....BUT the same people may have a DELICIOUS recipe to offer....a moving piece of music....or a novel way of looking at things. They may be VERY kind to their elderly parents...

Rapists, thugs, and murderers are just like the rest of us....folks "reaching out", trying to make their way in a sometimes frustrating world....and doing the best they can to keep 'body and soul together'..(well....at least, THEIR bodies...and THEIR souls.).

One man's 'rapist, thug, or murderer', after all, is ANOTHER man's 'guy with a message'. One man's 'psychopathic mass murderer' is another man's 'martyr'. We can't all be expected to 'like' the same things.

I say, let's no be TOO quick to condemn others for being 'obnoxious'. After all, WE probably do some things THEY don't like, either !!....

Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM

30,708 posts, read 33,513,041 times
Me? Nope.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:09 PM

8,648 posts, read 15,310,727 times
No....

Old 09-27-2009, 03:15 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,114,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Reputation is Everything: Honor Killings Among the Palestinians
Reputation Is Everything: Honor Killings Among the Palestinians

(this one is about what happens to Muslims girls who try to marry Christian boys)

There are so many more, all you have to do is google "honor killings."

How could anyone think that Israeli Jews could possibly make peace with these rapists, thugs, and murderers? These are not just a few wacko residents; the entire judicial system REWARDS their crimes.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:41 PM

5,370 posts, read 4,646,906 times
Quote:

Are you sure you read the story right.

I read it as a Christian girl who married a muslim, and was killed by her (christian) family.

You're right, Jews should not trust Christians.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:24 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,364,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Are you sure you read the story right.

I read it as a Christian girl who married a muslim, and was killed by her (christian) family.

You're right, Jews should not trust Christians.
Oh boy! What a treat for you! I was reading so many articles on Google about Islamic honor killings that in my hurry to just choose a couple already, I clicked on that one -- how 'bout that, one in a million chance that it would be a story about an Arab Christian doing the murdering instead of the much more commonplace instance of Muslims doing the honor killings.

No matter, as the facts speak for themselves -- honor killings are rampant in Muslim countries, among Muslims who live in western countries, and are especially rampant in the Palestinian territories.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,585,507 times
You fellas are missing the plot. Middle Eastern and Eastern societies in general are very closed, strict, full of honour/prestige ideals and patriarchal. This has nothing to do with the Israelis.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:45 PM

5,370 posts, read 4,646,906 times
Quote:
Oh boy! What a treat for you! I was reading so many articles on Google about Islamic honor killings that in my hurry to just choose a couple already, I clicked on that one -- how 'bout that, one in a million chance that it would be a story about an Arab Christian doing the murdering instead of the much more commonplace instance of Muslims doing the honor killings.

No matter, as the facts speak for themselves -- honor killings are rampant in Muslim countries, among Muslims who live in western countries, and are especially rampant in the Palestinian territories.
Honor killings happen outside of the middle east and muslim communites (but middle eastern make the headlines, the others are ignored, and many times swept under the carpet in the countries they occur in)

In India, Hindus and Sikhs have done such - maybe even more often then in the middle east. They happen in Christian communities of the Mediterranean and Balkans. Honor killing was legal in Italy until recently. In Africa and South America (mainly Brazil) they happen more often, but don't make headlines. (They have happened in the past few years with Jewish families in Yemen)

There is no Quranic justification for honour killing, I can not say the same for the Bible. (but thats another discussion, that should be in the religion forum)

No matter how wrong you or I may know it is, many of the perpetrators believe themselves justified by their faith, and that is going to be a hard thing to change, although, it will over time.

Are "crimes of passion" honor killings?

If so, they happen quite regularly here in the USA.

[please note: this is not defending honor killings, but defending all the people and families of the middle east and elsewhere that do not subscribe to the justification of honor killings]

Last edited by plannine; 09-27-2009 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: took out ir
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies