Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you describe yourself as pro-life or pro-choice?
Pro-life 7 20.00%
Pro-choice 23 65.71%
Mixed 5 14.29%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times

Advertisements

I thought abortion was a form of birth control for many young women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 12:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
Slow news day in Florida?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I thought abortion was a form of birth control for many young women.
What makes you think that?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:00 PM

403 posts, read 1,580,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Slow news day in Florida?
What do you mean by this?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Birth control good.
Yes.

Quote:
Early abortions should be free.
Early abortions should be legal, not necessarily free.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
What do you mean by this?
Sorry, I didnt look at the date of publication; I thought they were rehashing an old story.

This amendment has been around for several years and has never passed in any state. The most important reason is it wouldnt repeal Roe v Wade. Another reason is that even if the argument made it to the Supreme Court, that could give the Court an opportunity to reaffirm the validity of Roe in the 14th Amendment's "right to privacy" language -- they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Not to mention that it would first require unending battles over whether a fertilized egg legally and medically can be considered a human being.

Birth control - the morning-after pill is the only form I can think of that would be impacted.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'd throw a bitchfit if my birth control was taken away from me. Before I was put on the pill, I'd have terrible cramps that would keep me in bed for 2-4 days a month, throwing up, crying and feeling as though my uterus was being pulled through a tiny hole in my bellybutton.

Birth control is also used to stop these things from happening and to take that away from women who honestly need it is wrong. Plus, I don't want to get pregnant and this is the best way to prevent that...
I used to faint every month. I almost fell down the stairs one time and the second time, I got a sudden feeling of sickness while driving. Thank GOODNESS I pulled over. I fainted and lost consciousness in the drivers seat.

In addition to that, terrible cramps, sickness, pain, feeling like uterus being pulled out was exactly what I felt.

Now I take Femcon (birth control) and I still get slight pains but NOTHING compared to what I had to go through. I would never give up my birth control. I cannot afford to not know when I am going to faint. Imagine if I was driving on the highway and could not pull over.

In addition to that, yes. I am pro choice.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm mixed...I'm in favor of abortion if the fetus is unhealthy or disformed and when a rape took place...or a woman who took birth control still got pregnant.

I'm in favor of birth control and always have been.

Birth control should be part of the covered medications! it will prevent a lot of teen pregnancies.
I side with you. I forgot about the child that has serious deformaties. That is another situation when a family or a mom needs to decide what is best for everyone.

My main objection to abortion, it is used as birth control to often and yes, it is taking a life. I know, it is a life that can not survive on its own but it is still a life even in the first trimester. After that it really is something I can never accept..

I do not see how anyone can be opposed to birth control. If it is against your religion or beliefs then you do not have to use it, but it should be available to everyone.
Nita

Old 09-29-2009, 03:38 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
The anti-abortion folks try this tactic in many states, i.e., redefining "personhood" as the moment of conception, a huge change from the current usage of the date of "live birth" to determine "personhood" status. These people are goofy to think they can outlaw birth control pills, condoms, diaphrams and other passive means of birth control.

We had this on the ballot here in Colorado, which is known for having a large conservative right wing population. However, come election day, OVER 70% of Colorado voters said NO! to the idea. They'll try again, it's easy to get crap referendums on the ballot here, and all sorts of crackpots give it a try on a variety of topics.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies